anyone with telecom knowledge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with telecom knowledge...

i was wondering if it was how i would go about linking my home phone line up with my pc? my basic needs would be:

*to play wav. or mp3 files on my pc and have them go onto the phone line with great audio quality

*to record phone conversations on the pc

also, btw, if you know of how i would take an existing mp3 file and edit it, like chop up certain sections and use them as seperate clips.

To the home of all things tech related:

Moved to Tech Support

Comment

1. pick up phone

2. put phone against computer speaker

3. play sound file.

congratulations

Comment

Use an ACS Recording jack.
        This is probably the best way to do it, because this way you can automatically start and stop recording while the phone is being used. Also, you record both sides of the coversation this way.
        The ACS jack plugs into the handset cord. The recorder plugs into your audiocard's line-in. You can start recording from there.

Side note: No I am not paranoid i do not have this set up myself, I just know of it
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Crazi had this thing that connected his phone to his computer for TW radio before we got skype, you should ask him about it. Actually I think he was trying to sell it :P. If you're using a modem theres some programs that came with 98 you could use to dial and recive with, i'm sure there are some more out there though.

Comment

Get a 56k telephony modem. They've got specific onboard hardware that'll do just what you need. Plus, you usually get a nice software package along with the modem.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

thanks guys for the input

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                Get a 56k telephony modem. They've got specific onboard hardware that'll do just what you need. Plus, you usually get a nice software package along with the modem.
                Yup, with a voice modem and a program called Modem Spy (freeware) you can do almost everything
                You'll have to make/answer every phonecall via your pc though.
                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                X