Mouse problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse problems

I have recently bought an optical mouse and I am having a slight problem with it. Whenever I use it whilst leaning my wrist on the desk it doesn't move, but as soon as I lift my wrist off the desk it moves perfectly. I have tried a variety of mousemats (I know optical mice don't need mousemats but the texture of my desk requires me to.) all with the same result. I have tried using a single colour mousemat, thinking the patterns on others may have led to the problem but with the exact same result as any other mouse mats.

The only solution I can think of so far is to get one of those gel wrist supports or to simply not lean my wrist whilst using the mouse (Which gets rather tiring).

Any ideas on another way to sort this problem?

Thanks

~E

PS - It's radio cordless too but my wrist doesn't get in the way of the mouse and receiver.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

look at the bottom and check which way the laser is pointing, that could be it, but not likely.

Comment

Or try to use a blank piece of paper
      Greets,
      Roger

Comment

I had the same problem with my optical mouse, I use note block (paper) as a mousemat and it works perfectly. Plus you always got paper close to you if you want to write something down

Comment

surely it's a problem with the amount of pressure you are putting on the mouse, not the surface the mouse is on.

Comment

If you have an optical mouse you should really (if you're a gamer anyway) use an icemat. Best accessory I ever bought
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

what's an icemat? :\

Comment

Originally posted by glacier
                what's an icemat? :\

Comment

An icemat is a glass mousemat with a specially treated surface to make it extremely smooth. This is especially usefull if you need high accuracy in fps games
                  Works with both ball mice and optical mice.
                  You might also want some mouse skates to go with it, or alternatively you could use household tape

http://www.icemat.com/
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

thanks very much FA...

oh, Ewan, my mate has a cordless mouse and when i use it, it's very unresponsive at times, i remember Day of Defeat was hell to play.

It's a good thing it came free with the cordless keyboard he also got... he has now reverted back to his old optical cord mouse, theyre a lot better

Comment

Working...
                    X