Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMR Matchmaking Planning Thread. Nerds welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A schedule would be great, as a euro invariably it's only mmr javelins available before midnight unless its Sunday before TWDT.

I've sat in ticker doing other things several nights this week and witnessed over 2 hours of consecutive mmr javs only on 3 evenings so far. Could they been done in batches instead, maybe even-hours wb, odd-hours jav, or do 2 of one then 2 of another?

The wb scene in euro timezone is more than precarious and we should try to be inclusive of all modes?

Comment

The !mtt command is fun, thanks for the update.

Comment

Is there a time table for automation?
        Might as well leave the bot in Elim arena and allow players to vote on Elim or MMR.

!mtt always enabled

Comment

what is !mtt ?

Comment

team grouping by rating

Comment

Oh. Couple of observations on that:
              1. I like it, feels better to have a high level game and newbie games.
              2. I don't know how to tell what mode I'm playing. Does it say somewhere if it's drafting using !mtt or not?

Comment

It does not

Comment

Consider how to build "piss+drink" breaks into MMR. Atm the !p time is about 30 seconds, so someone wanting a quick break misses a whole game.

Obvious options:
                  a) leave !p open for 3 mins every time
                  b) let people use a !brb command to force current/next !p time to be 3 mins

Comment

I like the rapid fire games and don't want to accommodate pissers or smokers. Sit a game if you have to.

MMR has enabled us to play some fun games but does anyone have a league or event idea with this game mode?

I wanted MMR/Elim points race but not sure exactly how that would work since resetting MMR ratings seems like a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape View Post
                      I like the rapid fire games and don't want to accommodate pissers or smokers. Sit a game if you have to.

MMR has enabled us to play some fun games but does anyone have a league or event idea with this game mode?

I wanted MMR/Elim points race but not sure exactly how that would work since resetting MMR ratings seems like a bad idea.
                      Agreed, there's plenty of players available to play. If it means sitting a game if you gotta take a break, then don't play every game. Its not required for everybody to play every game.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

• MMR has taken over TWD and is running every night.

Why not put out a crude MMR Basebot where people !P and get random ship assignments?
                        The rating system remains the same for each individual ship.
                        Reduce the win timer to 10min. Allow a specials duel in 5-10% of games with one Lanc or Wb per team.

Seems easy to code I guess?

The community gives feedback and go from there..

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape View Post
                          MMR has taken over TWD and is running every night.

Why not put out a crude MMR Basebot where people !P and get random ship assignments?
                          The rating system remains the same for each individual ship.
                          Reduce the win timer to 10min. Allow a specials duel in 5-10% of games with one Lanc or Wb per team.

Seems easy to code I guess?

The community gives feedback and go from there..
                          yeah eh? go ahead and code it then, bud.

java is not a flavor of yogurt, bud
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

• that's fair

Comment

• Update on Base MMR

There are a few hurdles for base vs d/j in terms of MMR implementation: multiple ship ratings, making decent teams with players provided and assigning them ships based on what they're willing to play, and changes/switches/subs while still keeping ratings mathematically accurate.

Here's the task list we're looking at currently:
                              1. Snapshot code to record team strengths and the ships players are using when someone is switched/changed/subbed. (Finished yesterday; needs testing.)
                              2. Sub code using snapshots: make sure the system works properly with d/j. This means that soon we'll be able to sub people out and keep playing while keeping ratings fair, such as if they're lagging, DC or RQ.
                              3. Handling ratings for multiple ships: need to aggregate ratings for the time a player was playing each individual ship, and apply ratings changes correctly based on team strengths using collected snapshots.
                              4. Basing goes live without matchmaking: captains form teams themselves, but ratings adjust fairly based on team strengths. Or hosts do it manually. (May need some commands to help captains/hosts balance, such as showing ratings of all players in all ships, or showing rating in descending order for each shiptype.)
                              5. Matchmaking is introduced and normal MMR basing begins.
                              Just wanted to keep everyone posted and let you know that yes, we're committed to bringing MMR to basing. Thanks to everyone who's played so far, and for being patient on this.
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Thanks for the updates qan. Thanks to the team working on the code and testing the code. Looking forward to getting in the games to help test it all out.
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X