mmr tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmr tournament?

Could we possibly do an MMR tournament after DT/TWL where teams are made from spreading out the players based on their MMR ratings? We could auto draft players to teams snake-draft-like starting with highest rating ending with lowest rating, unless someone has a better idea on how to do it. This would give us something to look forward to after the big events are done.
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

I don't think MMR is established enough yet. We need to get to a situation where every game played with a MatchBot affects MMR.
    TWD, TWDT, javduel, TSL, everything.

Currently, there'd be a bunch of people signed up with 3k rating, and we know how that affects balance.

Ultimately, I think MMR ratings should replace Star Ratings in TWDT, but we aren't there yet.

Comment

We could also have a minimum number of games played to participate to avoid a lot of them 3k rating players.
      rEnZi> its crazy
      rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

The problem with that is you'd have to choose a number of games high enough to be reliable, and EU players will never get that many games.

Nothing against US ppl doing a US only event, as long as they're aware they're doing it.

Comment

With how small the euro player base has gotten, hasn't anyone euro player tried to schedule games during the week?

We could easily set it to something like 50 games, they are only one round matches and go pretty quick.
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

There aren't EU enough players to schedule something EU only.

Comment

I spent like 2 minutes looking at TWD website and here are 25 names in euro time zones

markmrw
              dreamwin
              vys
              brethal
              commodo
              kess
              stayon
              mikkiz
              zizu
              urprise
              warrior
              rampage
              wirah
              ardour
              aprix
              tripin
              cyrus
              maketso
              roiwerk
              jammu
              beast
              lee
              sulla
              henry saari
              zizzo

Also midoent, sarger can probably get on at early times too being in australia and iceland.
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Also midoent, sarger can probably get on at early times too being in australia and iceland.
                alright be honest and no googling, where exactly do you think Iceland is located?
                TWDTJ Champion Fall Season 2022 (6.5 *)

Comment

Originally posted by sarger View Post

alright be honest and no googling, where exactly do you think Iceland is located?
                  Iceland not part of Europe, confirmed by rage

Comment

Iceland is the same time as the UK atm.

That list of players aren't gonna be logging on tho, usually see the same 5 ish people online before the USA gets home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by sarger View Post

Been a while since I looked at a global map, trying to remember here but it's that little island country by Greenland no? I think it's east'ish of Greenland?

Either way time zones are more or less like vertical lines on the global map, so the more east we go from north america the closer the time zone should be to european time zones.
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

the correct answer was "Europe", but yes

Iceland ppl get touchy about being in Europe coz ppl often think they aren't. They are in the European Economic Area, not the European Union, they don't use the Euro, they operate on Greenwich Mean Time all year round. No daylight shit time in Iceland.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                          Iceland is the same time as the UK atm.

That list of players aren't gonna be logging on tho, usually see the same 5 ish people online before the USA gets home from work.
                          Because the game is more or less dead at that time. If there is something to actually regularly do at that time maybe the rest of the euros will log in more frequently. When I am working I don't even have the time to get on at my own time zone so I can't do this for you it is just a suggestion that might help. This is where a euro stepping up to schedule some matches instead of just complaining about it might help ease the problem some.
                          rEnZi> its crazy
                          rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

I'm telling you it's been tried and doesn't work. The players will not log on. You don't know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              I'm telling you it's been tried and doesn't work. The players will not log on. You don't know better.
                              I don't claim to know better, I was simply offering a suggestion, you could have started with saying it was tried.

Also....there are many countries that are part of Europe that do not use the "euro", Europe is a continent. Any country off on an island somewhere that isn't English/Irish/Scottish I just assumed was it's own little place and not part of Europe. I did not know Iceland was considered part of Europe, you really can learn something new every day!

Fun fact when I typed "is iceland" into google the very first thing that popped up was "part of europe".
                              rEnZi> its crazy
                              rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Working...
                              X