No announcement yet.

MMR in a Nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I saw some MMR games. People were talking about how a player called TheSauce would throw the game so I decided to not bother playing. Then about 3-4 games happened and he threw them all. Obviously the staff starting the games were aware. I made a cheater call and got no response. Why was TheSauce allowed to ruin MMR for others? Also probably worth alias-checking him because he clearly had some understanding of the game and I've never heard of TheSauce before. Sounds to me like a ban for aliasing plus a ban for ruining games, should be 1 month ban minimum. And I noticed he made a forum account just to talk shit here so obviously trolling.

Comment

You feelin froggy then leap. You don't want a problem with me yo, I'll eat you up like a big Mac.You worry about dropping 3s and 4s as a 7* and I'll worry about the 6* getting 5-7s and keep telling me I'm throwing matches. Can't throw a game if you are a known shitter bossman. Good troll but go cry for beams feelings somewhere else, his dick is tiny so you should have no problem getting off it. I'm at over 70 games so the ratings are working as intended. Also suck my fat cock. Se acabo you chocha
      Last edited by TheSauce; 11-21-2022, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

It's basically a warning and the next time will be more severely punished.
        OK - I don't play MMR often but when I did the other day Jessup ruined our wb match. They complained they shouldn't be with such bad players and they basically just ran around the arena and I think they spec'd.

Have they been banned from MMR for a week, month, or what?

I have no ongoing beef with them and this was just unacceptable.

Thanks -

Best> not gunna lie i thought jackie was a hot chick so i picked her in FA and found out it was a dude

Comment

This TW drama has gone on for long enough. Every year I come back and it's the same old shithole.
          1.) Every forum thread turns into Jessup crying and insulting everyone.
          2.) Corrupt players are still running the game. C'est la vie
          3.) The toxicity in the game is immense BUT the player numbers are not. Guess why?
          4.) There are other games out there (without all of the above)

TL;DR Beam is Jessup's girlfriend, TW Staff sux, Rocket League FTW

If I missed anything, please send me your complaints to noonelikesjessupbecauseofthewaytheyrun@gmail.com
          Last edited by wiibimbo; 12-09-2022, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacKie> View Post

OK - I don't play MMR often but when I did the other day Jessup ruined our wb match. They complained they shouldn't be with such bad players and they basically just ran around the arena and I think they spec'd.

Have they been banned from MMR for a week, month, or what?

I have no ongoing beef with them and this was just unacceptable.

Thanks -
            What is this slander? LOL never happened but nice story. I don't quit games I'm put into unless my ISP fails me which did happen in a JD the other night when I was 9-3. As far as complaining about MMR teams it is a valid concern. Next post will explain why.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Why MMR is broken...

1) Guys like ogron decided to complain about bad lines ruining "quality" of games and then pushed for a segregated arena setting for those under 1300 rating and for some asinine reason staff decided to implement this.

2) This has completely destroyed the true value for ELO ratings for the entire zone because you have people in mmr "jr" arena being dragged down by the really noob players while you have mediocre players being boosted up in the mmr "pro" arena by the really pro players.

3) The population is not large enough to do this with and besides MMR was meant to formulate rating based off of the ENTIRE zone as a collective. Segregation has NO BUSINESS in collecting this data.

4) As a result MMR data has been completely corrupted and is now a worthless dynamic to make leagues and teams from.

5) Either reset MMR NOW to an all inclusive setting or just go back to TSL bot with human made star ratings implemented. We could allow for a system where star rating can change if a player proves by stats and wins they are being more impactful than their star rating shows.

6) MMR is also ruining TWD

7) It can't go on like this. People are getting sick of it. Proceed with your caution staff if you don't want the game to die.

8) That is all except Wii even though you called me out like a jerk I wish you well. Sorry I slapped you tonight many times in dd.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                Why MMR is broken...

1) Guys like ogron decided to complain about bad lines ruining "quality" of games and then pushed for a segregated arena setting for those under 1300 rating and for some asinine reason staff decided to implement this.

2) This has completely destroyed the true value for ELO ratings for the entire zone because you have people in mmr "jr" arena being dragged down by the really noob players while you have mediocre players being boosted up in the mmr "pro" arena by the really pro players.

3) The population is not large enough to do this with and besides MMR was meant to formulate rating based off of the ENTIRE zone as a collective. Segregation has NO BUSINESS in collecting this data.

4) As a result MMR data has been completely corrupted and is now a worthless dynamic to make leagues and teams from.

5) Either reset MMR NOW to an all inclusive setting or just go back to TSL bot with human made star ratings implemented. We could allow for a system where star rating can change if a player proves by stats and wins they are being more impactful than their star rating shows.

7) It can't go on like this. People are getting sick of it. Proceed with your caution staff if you don't want the game to die.

8) That is all except Wii even though you called me out like a jerk I wish you well. Sorry I slapped you tonight many times in dd.
                Please show me where I called you out like a jerk. Please.
                Also, you were playing mostly on my team, so not sure how you slapped me. Maybe the rumors that I'm hearing from the people are true? You ok, Jess?

Comment

My mmr rating is higher than *insert player* / your mmr rating, pass it on.

Comment

Someone end this virus.

- It's killing the rest of the biggest and most stable community the game ever had, basing.
                    - It's killing the biggest and most stable league the game ever had, TWD. Making recent years borrow solution, obsolete.
                    - It's taking a piss on the effort of years of coding on superior bots, given how bad this bot works.
                    - Has the least ammount of fun per capita in 20 years.
                    - There was an orgy in RoboPark, and he wasn't invited.
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

- Just being a little more clear and assertive, the balancing is way off.
                      - While not as valued and also not perfect, with the small sample size we have from TSL, it might appear that, that bot functioned better.
                      - Somewhat creating a rift, in which to have basing or MMR, being unfair for both parties, for one to happen, the other hás to stop. Before, depending on zone day activity, we could have both basing and/or a wb or javelin twd match. Thus catering, for both religions. If this is going forward, please speed up MMR basing.
                      - Not minimizing the work of host volunteers and Qan or Biet (Top G Staffers) who deserve credit.
                      - On fairly positive notes, it has a nice automatic format and a good pace between rounds, despite relying on human hand.
                      - Weirdly good vibes, It's congregating people on the arena due to it's format.
                      - The entire concept behind it, is something to be enhanced and valued, as it's a indeed a small leap to the future, regardless of the game's size these days.
                      Last edited by Stayon; 12-10-2022, 10:07 AM.
                      Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                      Your friend,
                      ​​Papi
                      ​​​​​

Comment

My 2 cents as well:
                        Ever since mmr was introduced, there has been 0 basing games in euro timezone (with exception of those league games on Sundays). As stayon stated, basing is now dead. (Well it was pretty dead before as well, but i recall at least 4-5 games before that in timeslot between midnight 1am here, now 0). Not sure how mmr would work with base as it is much more complex (3 ships for starters, how bot makes up the team etc).
                        The original format was bad, because some awful low rating players ruined quite a few matches. Current format has issues jessup describes. Most often the jr arena games are decided whatever team gets the leftover high rating player (there usually are some) who carries and wins them, or then what team gets the absolute worst player. Maybe, as long as its not automated, we can have it in a way that games are hosted so that 1 game bot puts together team without tiers, second with tiers etc?
                        As for rest, its by far better then the twd system as in its last moments, at least in my timezone it only featured sulla and yogi challenging each other and making up games, which were in no way of better quality than what we have now in mmr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          Why MMR is broken...

This is an argument made from the perspective of a shit player playing in the “jr” arena. If you play well, team and win, your rating will increase and you will be promoted to the main arena. The quality of games in the main game are substantially better and shouldn’t be tarnished by allowing equal opportunity like some participate league. When I play well in jav, I win and maintain my high rating which guarantees my spot in the main game. Whereas when I play like shit in wb I get relegated to the jr arena, and rightfully so until I earn my way back up. I don’t think this system is as flawed as you believe it is, but I understand your bias.

Again I disagree. MMR games in the main arena have been close and competitive for the most part. There are some outliers with skewed ratings that throw off the occasional game, but from what I’ve witnessed most of the player ratings are accurate, especially towards the top of the ladders.

This is true, but who cares? The majority of TWD games are atrocious, with some stacked squad like rapid torturing a pawner or yogi team filled with borrows. I would take MMR any day of the week over these horseshit TWD games

If they’re sick of it, they have a strange way of showing it. The arena is active from late afternoon throughout the evening, with games sometimes running well past midnight. Whenever I’ve logged on in the past at these times, you would be pretty hard pressed to get any games going. Most of the players have hundreds of games played by now. Compare these to TWD numbers previously, or even TSL, I’m sure it’s not close.

My thoughts above ⬆️

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                          Asia Minor> maybe not
                          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

MMR needs base asap! should be top priority for dev/leagues

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              MMR needs base asap! should be top priority for dev/leagues
                              Agreed. But I think a simple solution for now is to schedule MMR. 1 or 2 hour windows for each type, e.g. 2000-2200 UTC Jav, 2200-0000 UTC WB, 0000-0200 UTC no MMR to leave room for base and twd etc.
                              ​​​​​
                              Often I log in and it's only Jav from 2200-0100 UTC, I've learned there's no point sticking around for wb/base as it'll only be Jav so I just log out for the night.

Comment

My feedback regarding making time for basing:

For a period of 1-2 hours:
                                1. Stop mmr games for a few minutes, until the basing game starts.
                                2. Start an mmr game while 16 players play a game in ?go twbd3
                                3. Repeat 1 & 2 when basing game finishes, within the basing pow wow hours
                                I also like the idea of gradually introducing earlier mmr start times to re-engage inactive & active international time-range players.

Comment

Working...
                                X