Do we need more mmr hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need more mmr hosts?

I was told by a volunteer TW Staff decision maker there is no current need for more hosts in MMR.
    Yes, more mmr hosts
    95.45%
    No, we have enough mmr hosts
    4.55%
    Last edited by Riverside; 11-17-2022, 11:14 PM.

I haven't seen anyone besides beam hosting it for a long time. Before beam, it was Racka doing same for short time. So if beam is not hosting anymore, we definitely need someone or else euro evenings are back to being dead.

Comment

Markmrw, WillBy, @Lizard Fuel (LF),

I have been informed (by LF) that you are the core decision makers for TW, including the # of mmr-only hosts that are allowed to join TW Staff.

Thank you for your voluntary contributions.

Can you please advise the obstacles in accepting more mmr-only hosts, when there are 15+ people in the past 2 months who have offered or applied to contribute voluntarily?

Some players who have offered can host during earlier and different time regions than the times now.
      Last edited by Riverside; 11-18-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I requested MMR bot powers but was denied by LF and told I'm not Staff material by Beam.

I can host and not be abrasive to the community.

Feel free to contact me in game.

Comment

I do find it a little strange that damn near all of the hosts are on the same squad. Not sure why Cape was turned away as he seems to fit the criteria.

Comment

I can vouch for Cape for whatever it's worth.

Comment

lol fuck that, if cape wants it give it to him

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                I requested MMR bot powers but was denied by LF and told I'm not Staff material by Beam.

I can host and not be abrasive to the community.

Feel free to contact me in game.
                beam, @LF,

can you please advise the existing criteria to be accepted to Staff?

Im asking for TW new player, Cape, along with others who have asked to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post

beam, @LF,

can you please advise the existing criteria to be accepted to Staff?

Im asking for TW new player, Cape, along with others who have asked to contribute.
                  I was trolling cape and am not involved in the hiring process for staff at all. I also don't care who becomes staff. My suggestion though is if you want to be an "mmr host" come up with an idea for an mmr league for after this DT/TWL and take some initiative to get it going. I'm sure the guys in charge would be more than happy to give you and whatever crew of lizards you assemble access to whatever you feel you need to make it successful.

Originally posted by saiyan View Post
                  I do find it a little strange that damn near all of the hosts are on the same squad. Not sure why Cape was turned away as he seems to fit the criteria.
                  Just about everybody on evil who is staff is only staff because of their involvement in running leagues. If you or anyone on Rapid is willing to step up and run leagues, you can post in https://forums.trenchwars.com/twdt/1...e2#post1362204 where Dwopple is requesting for volunteers.

Last edited by beam; 11-18-2022, 03:24 PM.
                  Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

I was trolling cape and am not involved in the hiring process for staff at all. I also don't care who becomes staff. My suggestion though is if you want to be an "mmr host" come up with an idea for an mmr league for after this DT/TWL and take some initiative to get it going. I'm sure the guys in charge would be more than happy to guidelines give you and whatever crew of lizards you assemble access to whatever you feel you need to make it successful.
                    Thank you for the suggestion that I've read from multiple Volunteer Staff members, but that isn't what happened.

This MMR League proposal was posted over 6 weeks ago.

I did not receive a response, whether officially or unofficially, including multiple attempts at pming and ?messaging existing Volunteer League Operators in-game.

Separately; I've suggested that we batch MMR hosts together in the training process (learning the bot commands & the expectations TW Staff wants to share). That was also rejected.

I'll try to ask again, regardless of who wants to answer:

Where can I read the criteria to be accepted to contribute with TW Staff, specifically as an mmr host?
                    Last edited by Riverside; 11-18-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post

Thank you for the suggestion that I've read from multiple Volunteer Staff members, but that isn't what happened.

This MMR League proposal was posted over 6 weeks ago.

I did not receive a response, whether officially or unofficially, including multiple attempts at pming and ?messaging existing League Operators in-game.

Separately; I've suggested that we batch MMR hosts together in the training process. That was also rejected.
                      This is my first time seeing that thread. I'll look it over and give feedback when I'm not working.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

This is my first time seeing that thread. I'll look it over and give feedback when I'm not working.
                        That's great, but it doesn't address:
                        1. Do we want more mmr hosts?
                        2. There's been a few polls, forum threads & in-game feedback that suggests that its wanted. What are the barriers?
                        3. ~2/15 applicants have been accepted as Volunteer mmr hosts. Thats a pretty prestigious acceptance rate. What is the criteria used to be accept & reject applications for mmr-hosting and/or TW Staff?
                        4. What can we do to plan, execute & assess an increase in mmr hosts (consequently increasing the frequency of mmr games, and an increase to 5v5 warbird & javelin games)?
                        Last edited by Riverside; 11-18-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I can't comment on the hiring situation since I'm not involved with that but just for reference:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0f5087403dff17c34d9db61cd8f54c28.png
Views:	456
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1362231
                          that was an idea I randomly thought of and haven't put any real effort into revisiting or improving the concept of since I randomly was brainstorming that day. I also got 0 replies from the slack channel but I feel that was mostly a result of there being very few staff members who are involved with the actual format design of leagues. I guess it's somewhat my fault for not putting more effort into bringing this to the public and getting feedback like you attempted to.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I can't comment on the hiring situation since I'm not involved with that but just for reference:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	0f5087403dff17c34d9db61cd8f54c28.png Views:	0 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	1362231
                            that was an idea I randomly thought of and haven't put any real effort into revisiting or improving the concept of since I randomly was brainstorming that day. I also got 0 replies from the slack channel but I feel that was mostly a result of there being very few staff members who are involved with the actual format design of leagues. I guess it's somewhat my fault for not putting more effort into bringing this to the public and getting feedback like you attempted to.
                            There are more relevant threads for ideas surrounding the format of MMR, including the division of teams, but thank you for sharing your suggestions.

Edit: I dont fault you for that. I do hold feelings as to why I continued to hear recounts of you issuing temporary bans to players from participating in mmr games. If you recall, you blessed me with a ban when I lagged out of an mmr game in late Sept, before I had the ban removed by a Volunteer Staff Member with more access (in this situation, it was LF).

You like to share that you log and document every word you write on subspace: maybe that can help the recollection of that particular situation.

As I mentioned before: I appreciate that you shared you would be attempting to distance yourself from mmr initiatives moving forward.

With that said (what a relief!), this thread is pointed at the number of mmr hosts, relative to volunteer applicants.
                            Last edited by Riverside; 11-18-2022, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Also, resetting mmr is stupid, because a reset mmr is shit, and supposedly it gets better if more games are played, but that remains to be seen. The last thing you do is reset it.

Comment

Working...
                              X