No announcement yet.

Do we need more mmr hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMR appears to be more or less dead. Oh well, we waiting on the last TWDT now.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
      Between Mythril, Tiny, Racka, beam, Dwopple, myself (sorry anybody I am forgetting) we have more than enough bodies to keep this running pretty much every night.
      I just want to point this post out by LF to show how fucking ridiculous this statement was at the time and how wrong it's proven to be 4 months later.

When was the last time Mythril, beam, Dwopple, or LF has hosted an MMR game? Anyone want to guess? Without ?find ing those players too, when was the last time they even logged into the game?

Thank god for having 6 people on staff who are dedicated to host TWDT or something once a week. No need for real hosts for the one thing that keeps the game alive between TWDT seasons, let alone every other day of the week.

If TW staff were board members of a real company, it would go bankrupt quicker than Twitter under Elon Musk.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I just want to point this post out by LF to show how fucking ridiculous this statement was at the time and how wrong it's proven to be 4 months later.

When was the last time Mythril, beam, Dwopple, or LF has hosted an MMR game? Anyone want to guess? Without ?find ing those players too, when was the last time they even logged into the game?

Thank god for having 6 people on staff who are dedicated to host TWDT or something once a week. No need for real hosts for the one thing that keeps the game alive between TWDT seasons, let alone every other day of the week.

If TW staff were board members of a real company, it would go bankrupt quicker than Twitter under Elon Musk.
        tucker> ?find mythril
        Not online, last seen 3 days ago
        tucker> ?find tiny
        Not online, last seen 38 hours ago
        tucker> ?find racka
        Not online, last seen 12 hours ago
        tucker> ?find beam
        beam - twdd3
        tucker> ?find dwopple
        tucker> ?find lf
        Not online, last seen 25 hours ago

-----

Well, full disclosure because I've never been one to not be transparent... it appears that this is a problem. Need more hosts or automation, I guess.

I'll poke the bear again and see what I can do. Just for the interest of expediency, who are active, legitimate candidates that are willing to host? No scumbags. Trustworthy, active players. Let me know who is willing and I'll see what I can do.
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

tucker> ?find mythril
          tucker> ?find tiny
          Not online, last seen 38 hours ago
          tucker> ?find racka
          Not online, last seen 12 hours ago
          tucker> ?find beam
          beam - twdd3
          tucker> ?find dwopple
          tucker> ?find lf
          Not online, last seen 25 hours ago

-----

Well, full disclosure because I've never been one to not be transparent... it appears that this is a problem. Need more hosts or automation, I guess.

I'll poke the bear again and see what I can do. Just for the interest of expediency, who are active, legitimate candidates that are willing to host? No scumbags. Trustworthy, active players. Let me know who is willing and I'll see what I can do.
          In fairness, we did hire more MMR hosts, but if it's dead it needs to be addressed. Is it really dead? Like I said, I can't login at peak time, so I just don't know.

Exalt

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

In fairness, we did hire more MMR hosts, but if it's dead it needs to be addressed. Is it really dead? Like I said, I can't login at peak time, so I just don't know.

Exalt
            So I can't say for every single day, because Racka, Tiny, Hawk, Greed, and Tripin do host games, but I can say that about 3 or 4 days a week, I'll log in around 6 or 7pm CST and keep checking over time, and there won't be a host that logs in at all. There are a lot of people that login everyday that can confirm that statement.

As for other days, it honestly depends on how long a host wants to keep hosting, but it can be anywhere between one random game to 5 hours of games. Nobody really knows, but a lot of the zone's activity outside of pub is based on whether there are mmr games going on or not. Once a host stops, the game essentially dies unless another one logs in before everyone leaves.

Automation would obviously be the best case scenario, but idk how far qan is with all of that. He's obviously a busy man with other things going on, and coding MMR for tw is a volunteer thing, same as all the people who host, so I don't blame anyone for not hosting more or for things not being done quickly. I just think we should add more.

People that aren't shitheads though? I mean... lol, that's a hard requirement to fill. I think all of us are shitheads in some form or another.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Exalt, you have to understand one thing: nothing is ever going to change in this game for the better. Everyone will always give excuses for why some people won't get accepted by staff, whether they don't like you or, like qan said, you need to do all the work as TW staff (when noone does anything in the game apart from a few individuals) or some other shit whereas idiots and friends of TW staff idiots will get invited instantly and sit in spec all day long and just abuse their powers until the zone is completely dead.
              Furthermore, when I was staff and did a lot of work in different fields (I used to host tons of TSL, I helped in pub with stuff people needed, did help call for new players, hosted some events and was always prepared to do stuff for the zone, be it new arenas, TW radio etc.), I got constantly molested by Henry Saari about how lazy I am don't contribute nothing as a staffer and was just waiting for me to make a mistake to get rid of me. That happened one day in wbduel as I was having some fun with the players, speccing them and giving random prizes etc., which Jessup saw, reported me and Henry removed me from TW staff. Shortly after that, TSL died. Go figure.

TL;DR What I'm trying to say is that if you are not one of them (TW staff) you cannot get in and won't be able to contribute in any way to the zone. Besides, this game is nearly dead now, so let's just enjoy this last TWDT together and then move on with our lives.

Comment

Doomsday scenarios aside, at the time of that posting quoted above, Dwopple, Myth, Racka and Tiny WERE the most active hosts. I still host MMR just about every single night I am online. I just can't be on every single night. In the past 5 days (Dating back to 30 January) there have been 76 MMR games hosted, so its certainly not dead. For the 5 days prior to that ( 25 January - 29 January) there were 83 games hosted. So even if we are trending in the "dead" direction, its hardly enough to warrant hitting the panic button. We've continued to bring on active/new hosts. Tripin being the latest.

Its not that hosting MMR is particularly difficult, because its not. Admittedly though, trying to please a population that simply never will be pleased is draining. When's the last time anyone has seen aggi online and playing for less than 19 hours each day? The population of this zone takes a lot out of people lol. I've been dead inside for years now.

I promise we will keep an eye on the status of MMR and the activity of its hosts and hire as necessary. Automation is somewhere on the horizon
                1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

mmr = basing dead
                  basing = life
                  rip

Comment

This thread was made nearly 3 months ago and only one person has been added as a host while 85% of them remain inactive..

The community is screaming day in and day out to recruit more hosts so MMR can continue running…Tons of people are offering to help from what I see when I log on.. People have resorted to pubbing because there aren’t enough “active” players logging on to host..

Is there some sort of prerequisites required to be a host? Some college or university background to slam a few commands? Why is staff so strict on who gets to be a host? Give it to the ppl who are asking lol

Let’s get more hosts and give it to people who are active and willing to contribute and host games for players that want to play..
                    Last edited by Best; 02-08-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Best View Post
                      This thread was made nearly 3 months ago and only one person has been added as a host while 85% of them remain inactive..

The community is screaming day in and day out to recruit more hosts so MMR can continue running…Tons of people are offering to help from what I see when I log on.. People have resorted to pubbing because there aren’t enough “active” players logging on to host..

Is there some sort of prerequisites required to be a host? Some college or university background to slam a few commands? Why is staff so strict on who gets to be a host? Give it to the ppl who are asking lol

Let’s get more hosts and give it to people who are active and willing to contribute and host games for players that want to play..
                      So Best, about my real life friends...

Comment

Give me a list of the "tons" of people offering to help, and I'll put them out to the group for approval/denial.

Giving the people the ability to host MMR also gives them access to other staff commands, which as we know, not all people can be trusted with.

I'm willing to help you guys with this, just let me know who is willing and I'll see what I can do about getting them evaluated and hired. You all keep saying there's so many volunteers... where are they? Who are they asking to be brought on? I don't see any of that. Blubbering it out in pub chat during MMR doesn't mean staff see it. Need to put in a little effort to get results sometimes.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

game always dies when there's no leagues, not a real shocker. I'm sure things will pick back up when DT rolls around in 2 weeks. DT hype.

I did see Vys offer to be an MMR host the other day, he plays at a time that would be good for a lot of people.

Comment

Don't think zidane understands the problem at hand here. (don't think he understands anything tbh)

Comment

Best relax scalebrine

Geio> Down to chill and play that
                              Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Give me a list of the "tons" of people offering to help, and I'll put them out to the group for approval/denial.

Giving the people the ability to host MMR also gives them access to other staff commands, which as we know, not all people can be trusted with.

I'm willing to help you guys with this, just let me know who is willing and I'll see what I can do about getting them evaluated and hired. You all keep saying there's so many volunteers... where are they? Who are they asking to be brought on? I don't see any of that. Blubbering it out in pub chat during MMR doesn't mean staff see it. Need to put in a little effort to get results sometimes.
                                Like i said in the discord channel and to willby in game...I'm happy to cobtribute to leagues twd/mmr/twl/twdt and any future leagues...ive offered my service to cap twdt this season and im active during euro/early american times through the week.

i got cut from staff for not answering pub calls...im a league player and havent had any involvement in pub for years. I cant guarentee that ill be baby sitting the baby pool in pub, but i can guarentee ill be available to keep the comeptative side of the game active.
                                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                                X