This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot is subbing same people and wasting players time in MMR

Can we please see the sub rates that people have. This setting for subs is very biased and unfair to certain players. Why do the higher ranked get preferential treatment? Why are hosts allowed to implement this command that singles out people with lower ratings to constantly be subbed? Why is there no bottom up algorithm to make it fair. Some players are subbed 0 times a day and make games super lopsided when they should actually be benched because their rating is too high for the game taking place. Please fix this and make a better sub system that doesn't waste hours a day putting a few people in spec. It is not fair.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    Can we please see the sub rates that people have. This setting for subs is very biased and unfair to certain players. Why do the higher ranked get preferential treatment? Why are hosts allowed to implement this command that singles out people with lower ratings to constantly be subbed? Why is there no bottom up algorithm to make it fair. Some players are subbed 0 times a day and make games super lopsided when they should actually be benched because their rating is too high for the game taking place. Please fix this and make a better sub system that doesn't waste hours a day putting a few people in spec. It is not fair.
    Oh, my morning coffee read, how I've missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      Jessup> i took statistics in college u dimwit
      Jessup> and i know ur doing statistical manipulations to meet ur desired outcome.. its silly

I look forward to jessup coding a new algorithm

Comment

Says the guy who admits to purposely removing me from the stat pool out of spite. You proved my quote right. Care to refute?
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

He didn't prove your original premise was correct by removing you from the data he voluntarily processes for the player base (read: not for staff). He has nothing to do with the algorithm. Keep this on the rails Jessup or this thread will close. We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger here.

I'm fairly certain the tiered matching is preferred by most players. I think if we didn't have tiered teams you'd have the opposite discussion going on in here of skilled players complaining their scores are lower because they have lower tiered people on their team.

​​​​Like Cubone said, if you know how to Java and have a better algorithm, we'd be open to looking at it. I don't think qan wrote anything to be unfair and to accuse anyone of such is absolutely ridiculous. Like most projects it is probably like that because "that's the way it works". If there are majority high tier players in the areas and not enough lower tier players to distribute, they're going to sit. The way to counter this (for a time) might be to try and engage others to play in MMR so that there are lower tiered players available to make those matches.
          Last edited by Hookecho; 07-20-2023, 07:44 AM.

Comment

So, you allow cubone to derail my thread by doing personal attacks on me but then chastise me for responding back to him by exposing how he "selectively" removed me from the stat pool in mmr out of spite and his sick desire to be a constant abusive troll to me? Why does the zone allow me to be trolled over and over? Why have the mods on MMR forums allowed me to be removed by cubone from the mmr stat base? This guy is a troll and I'm starting to think you are too. I could go on to expose so much more abuse, but I won't here but will be in touch soon with proof to show how I've been being treated by this guy and multiple others.

Also, please explain the MTT command and how it changes the algorithm vs the original setting of mmr and why it was implemented Hookecho.
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Locked. Jessup, you are not a victim here. Cubone is a non-staff, community volunteer who can do as he pleases with the data in a spreadsheet he manages himself. To back up what Hookecho has already stated, it's outrageous for you to accuse qan, the person who coded MMR for all of us, for intentionally excluding others with a low MMR. If anything, there may be some unintentional logic targeting the highest and lowest rated players unfairly.

HOWEVER, the way you've gone about this is another example of you jumping straight into a "I am a victim and I demand you as volunteers in a free to play game to correct this" mindset which is not going to get you the results you're pushing for and will only continue to alienate yourself further. Stop playing the victim card, please work on how you communicate and formulate your constructive feedback because your current approach is exhausting and not helpful.

By all means, if you have something technical or content-related to contribute as an unpaid volunteer, we're open to it.

Thanks.
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Working...
              X