Is this Block Feature new in MMR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Block Feature new in MMR??

Just realized my teamkilling trolls are all asking people to block me in mmr. I thought it was a joke and then did help on mmr bot and saw it was a feature. Why would we install a block feature like this in MMR that allows trolling? The game should be fair for all who show up and want to participate in games?

Could a staffer please respond and explain why this feature in installed?
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

!block jessup

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      Just realized my teamkilling trolls are all asking people to block me in mmr. I thought it was a joke and then did help on mmr bot and saw it was a feature. Why would we install a block feature like this in MMR that allows trolling? The game should be fair for all who show up and want to participate in games?

Could a staffer please respond and explain why this feature in installed?
      nobody wants to play with u I am going to block u every chance I get until u change the way u play... good day sir
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

what does the command do?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          what does the command do?
          It allows the players in the arena to vote and block any players they choose from playing in MMR games EVERY round. I'd love to know why this was implemented and for what reason as it is easily abused and is a greenlight to troll and block players. I see no valid reason why this was done.
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Does it automatically block them when a certain number of votes are placed (how many?), or does it require host approval?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              Does it automatically block them when a certain number of votes are placed (how many?), or does it require host approval?
              I'm not honestly sure how it works, what it is or why it's now in place. I do know I was made subbed a lot tonight but also had the player beam spamming arena saying, "Don't forget to type !block Jessup everyone!!" and a few times he was sat instead lol. I will admit when he would do that I would block him back. So far it seems like a pointless command that allows rage wars. I'd love staff to explain it for us.
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

I'm not honestly sure ... why it's now in place.

So far it seems like a pointless command
                I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with even a partially-functioning brain. If a good amount of players don't want to play with someone due to that person's refusal to play in a style that benefits the team, they no longer have to.

Comment

Excellent move by staff! This idea is wonderful and I’m a huge fan of it for numerous reasons

1) It allows players that constantly throw/prolong games (Jessup) to think about their actions while they are on timeout. If it continues the public votes them to sit out once again til it processes in their brain that they are the problem.

2) It also may bring interest to mid-tier and top-tier players to make a return back to MMR now that there is a solution to block out the throwers.

Very big fan of this idea, if we continue to block players like Jessup, MMR can be a very fun experience again for many of us.

p.s. Please stop with all the new threads you are creating, its blatant forum spam and you should use the complaints email. Heh

Comment

The staff has truly made MMR great again! Thanks to their tremendous efforts, we've bid farewell to the days of "corrupt hosts", as foolishly mentioned by Jessup. But you know what's even better? Now, players have the power to vote and remove trolls from the game. Gone are the days of trolls, and now, in this new era for MMR, where the community collaboratively shapes the player environment, ensuring a gaming experience that is as exceptional as ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprackle View Post
                      The staff has truly made MMR great again! Thanks to their tremendous efforts, we've bid farewell to the days of "corrupt hosts", as foolishly mentioned by Jessup. But you know what's even better? Now, players have the power to vote and remove trolls from the game. Gone are the days of trolls, and now, in this new era for MMR, where the community collaboratively shapes the player environment, ensuring a gaming experience that is as exceptional as ever!
                      This is a great point Sprackalacka. Giving the power back to the people. Long live the democracy of Trench Wars!

Comment

This is toxic as fuck. Remove the !block from public control. You have a bunch of 30 year olds acting like they are 12 again. In the short amount of time this has been available, it being abused. I don’t even like jessup, but this is too far. Shorten the rounds and remove overtime like I said.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                          This is toxic as fuck. Remove the !block from public control. You have a bunch of 30 year olds acting like they are 12 again. In the short amount of time this has been available, it being abused. I don’t even like jessup, but this is too far. Shorten the rounds and remove overtime like I said.
                          Serious question. Why shouldn't people be allowed to choose who they want to play with (or not play with)? Plenty of people have been asking for awhile to have certain people blocked because they ruin games, whether it's due to throwing, dying out in 2 minutes, or prolonging games for 10 minutes and refusing to team.

I don't see how this is any different from TWD/javduel where people have a choice who is on their team and whether or not they want to play with certain players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            Shortening the rounds and removing OT makes running the clock a *much* more viable strategy.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Shortening the rounds and removing OT makes running the clock a *much* more viable strategy.
                              Could add the Elim refusing to fight clause to mmr for that.
                              1:waven> u challenge
                              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X