No announcement yet.

"When" TWD is reset. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greens are part of strategy especially in basing. Maybe random ones should be taken away (think those would be unfairly useful in dueling). But greens should appear after you kill someone, otherwise I can't milk or tank as well.

PS I have no idea what last twl had in terms of greens, maybe I shouldn't be lazy and read this thread or ask someone.
    -L3

Comment

Originally posted by lunch3
      Greens are part of strategy especially in basing. Maybe random ones should be taken away (think those would be unfairly useful in dueling). But greens should appear after you kill someone, otherwise I can't milk or tank as well.

PS I have no idea what last twl had in terms of greens, maybe I shouldn't be lazy and read this thread or ask someone.
      We do not want to remove greens from basing. Only wbs and javs.
      1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
      1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
      1: cundor> dude
      1: cundor> i already told my parents
      1: Desperate> LOL
      1: Cremation> HAHA
      1: bram> :)
      1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Sort of silly idea occurred to me concerning full charge greens.

How about captain or assists who organize the match just tell the matchbot whether they want full charge greens by using a command line selection flag.

eg; :MatchBot0:!greens
        to toggle on or off

If both squads agree, then they use it. If one squad doesn't agree, then they don't use it.

That way the squads who wana practice for twl using twdd, can select the settings they want.

Concerning lag detection, I think what is used in WBDUEL is a tad strict.

One time it told me I had packet lose 2.8% and it exceed 2.5%; so I was thrown out of the wbduel match. I went ?lag and it just said 0.1% as usual. I use cable internet so most of the time its fine, but occasional I may get the high spike. As a general rule, I never run any program in the background.
        Maybe there is a more precise way to to detect the actual lagcheats, than the occasional lagspike that makes the bot hate you.... unacceptable!! 0.1% over the limit... your out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub
          Sort of silly idea occurred to me concerning full charge greens.

How about captain or assists who organize the match just tell the matchbot whether they want full charge greens by using a command line selection flag.

eg; :MatchBot0:!greens
          to toggle on or off

If both squads agree, then they use it. If one squad doesn't agree, then they don't use it.

That way the squads who wana practice for twl using twdd, can select the settings they want.

Concerning lag detection, I think what is used in WBDUEL is a tad strict.

One time it told me I had packet lose 2.8% and it exceed 2.5%; so I was thrown out of the wbduel match. I went ?lag and it just said 0.1% as usual. I use cable internet so most of the time its fine, but occasional I may get the high spike. As a general rule, I never run any program in the background.
          Maybe there is a more precise way to to detect the actual lagcheats, than the occasional lagspike that makes the bot hate you.... unacceptable!! 0.1% over the limit... your out of there!
          That voting is sorta stupid. Its simple as this, if TWL has FC greens then TWD should have them, if TWL doesnt/wont have FC greens then TWD shouldnt. TWD should be almost a mirror image of TWL in all possible ways, its used as a qualifying method for TWL they should be as close as possible.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

i really doubt a bot can edit an arena's settings. the bots are pretty much just a robotic mod with fast reflexes and an insane memory, as far as i know. . .

that said, that's a dumb idea. read what cig said.

seriously though, how many starters for twld caliber teams are actually going to say "yah, include full charges, i love being killed by invisible greens and i hope that the final is 1vs1 and won like that!"
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
              i really doubt a bot can edit an arena's settings. the bots are pretty much just a robotic mod with fast reflexes and an insane memory, as far as i know. . .

that said, that's a dumb idea. read what cig said.

seriously though, how many starters for twld caliber teams are actually going to say "yah, include full charges, i love being killed by invisible greens and i hope that the final is 1vs1 and won like that!"
              But realistically, how many squads actually make it or even stand a chance at making TWLD? When you have just a hand full of squads stacked with well experienced warbirds? Like 16% of them? Some of these bottom squads have like at most 1 or 2 good/average warbird players. You take these top 5 squads, not 1 player on their roster is weak.

The question is what is the sole intention of twdd? Is it only to qualify for TWLD? Or is a place for the masses who just wana have fun in a automated moderate level league and don't have the time to meet at such and such time to play a match; who just don't have all the time in the world in their real life.
              I remember reading in the TWL forum (december-ish), when is TWL even going to start? Now we are into March, nothing as of yet.

Too bad they just don't have 3 Divisions ladders within twd... like TWDD-ELITE(TWLD), TWDD-SEMIELITE, TWDD-ROOKIES. Have a set # of games, have playoffs, and then either squads jump up or down to different sub leagues. All year round and fully automated; twd may have its occasional technical problems, however it has the best system in the end, in my humble opinion.

But perhaps some squads could careless if they get into this exclusive TWL, the twdd ladder is enough for them with their limited time in real life or erradic schedule for times to play.

I generally hope and think the staff who run these leagues wana keep everyone happy, not just a few exclusives.

FC Greens:

Perhaps some people like FC Greens, since it adds an element of randomness or luck to the match.

I agree with you both on the issue of no FC Greens if TWLD doesn't use them then a twdd squad trying to qualify for TWLD should get use to not depending on them; I'm merely offering a suggestion to make both sides happy.
              Last edited by WiseCherub; 03-16-2004, 03:58 AM.

Comment

randedl, bots could edit settings. something with *g* and *s*, you can set and get arenasetts.

and/or, esc-c with rteally complicated ticker for going upo and down to edit settings

it is possbile
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                  I agree, make it that they only apear when someone dies, i also agree w/ adeon not EVERY green should be fc, but most should be.
                  Just so you know, the invisigreens come from the deaths! When someone dies, they leave a green. However, only people within a certain limit of that screen are going to see that green. So when you're chasing someone and they run into green they were close to and the other wasn't, thats when the invisigreen occurs. If you've ever fought me vs elim, you should know I over-use greens, and this is the conclusion I have come to

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
                    Just so you know, the invisigreens come from the deaths! When someone dies, they leave a green. However, only people within a certain limit of that screen are going to see that green. So when you're chasing someone and they run into green they were close to and the other wasn't, thats when the invisigreen occurs. If you've ever fought me vs elim, you should know I over-use greens, and this is the conclusion I have come to
                    Oh hehe i didnt play wb constantly for a long long time so i wouldnt know but i will take ur word for it bc it sounds good.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

can we please get it more paralleled to TWL?

some changes, but i'm sure not all, include:

-removing full charges from DD and JD
                      -2 subs for DD and JD in games of 5, 1 in 4vs4 (if possible)
                      -lag limits?
                      -turn off team chat or maybe limit blueouts to spec chat blueouts?
                      -whatever changes are instituted in the 3 leagues (fixed damage, map changes, ship limits, point race etc)

i can still see a reason for having shipchanges in BD, even if they don't exist in LB, basically for a training/practice purpose.
                      mvp in twl is also kills-deaths. . .

twd was reset, no changes, i guess i'm the only person who cares.

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I thought about it further concerning having fully automated TWL as oppose to having a human referee present. I apoligize for not understanding the long tradition of TWL and the importance of a human referee in these extremely serious matches. I was just brainstorming and throwing in some ideas around.

I have recently obtained information on tw bots and can see many methods for changing many settings both player and arena.

I was watching an ELIM last week, and remember what Destroy did with FC Greens. There was like 2 of them in front of him, and he did a quick 3 fire spread on his last elim opponent... like a machine gun...lol.. this opponent was fubar.

Comment

mvp in twl is also kills-deaths. . .

twd was reset, no changes, i guess i'm the only person who cares.
                          Ya only thing that was changed is we have a 4 spider limit in BASING, and a Time race in BASE, which wasnt even voted on in a poll. Nothing was done in dd/jd, we had a poll for point race or timed game, and none were used. Im confused why half this shit was asked, and then im confused why nothing is being done for JD/DD. Had a feeling this problem would come.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think they said they would remove full charges (and energy depletes?) from twdd/twjd, not sure.
                            1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                            1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                            1: cundor> dude
                            1: cundor> i already told my parents
                            1: Desperate> LOL
                            1: Cremation> HAHA
                            1: bram> :)
                            1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

says so on the TWL update thread pure luck put up

Comment

Working...
                              X