Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, an idea

Spiders could be judged by kills per minute

like if a spider gets 40 kills in 12 minutes, and another gets 80 kills in 30, Spider A gets roughly 3.3 and B egts 2.6, meaning that even if spider B got more kills spiader A technically is the better spider, at 3 kpm
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

no

Comment

k so yes or what

internet de la jerome

Comment

When are you going to calculate this? If you wait until the end of the match, the spider with the most kills wins every time. If you don't wait until the end of the match, the statistic won't be accurate, as at any other given point during the match, Spider A and Spider B can constantly be going back and forth between who happens to have the highest kills per minute.

[EDIT]I suppose, if you really wanted to, you could log a spider's kills over every one minute interval of the game, and then calculate an "average kills per minute" stat at the end of the game. That seems like too much work for a statistic that doesn't really tell you much though. I know when I'm spidering, sometimes I get on a hot streak, nailing down a shitload of kills for just one particular part of the game, and then the rest of the game I'm back to my normal killing consistency. If I played a game with one of those hot streaks, the average would be thrown off by that one outlying kpm number. I really think this stat is going to be inaccurate no matter how you go about it. And it won't really help us determine who was a better spider either. [/EDIT]
        Last edited by Jason; 03-17-2004, 09:16 PM.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Who the fuck cares about who the better spider is. The only real way to win a basing game depends on how good your terr is. So really the only ship that matters at all in Basing is the terr.
          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

KK, don't comment on a league you aren't all that familiar with. Stick to making yourself look stupid with your trash talk. All of us that base regularly know full well that you can't give all the credit to any one ship in particular. Without a good team surrounding it, a terr is fucked. And in turn, without a good terr backing it, a team is fucked. It's all give and take.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Haha, I think that the terr is one of the least important parts of a good team. You can get by with an average terr, but you won't be able to do shit with average spiders/sharks/whatever.
              sdg

Comment

stab clone your .exe so i can do an entire basing match with your shark, spider, jav, and terr thx

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                  When are you going to calculate this? If you wait until the end of the match, the spider with the most kills wins every time. If you don't wait until the end of the match, the statistic won't be accurate, as at any other given point during the match, Spider A and Spider B can constantly be going back and forth between who happens to have the highest kills per minute.

[EDIT]I suppose, if you really wanted to, you could log a spider's kills over every one minute interval of the game, and then calculate an "average kills per minute" stat at the end of the game. That seems like too much work for a statistic that doesn't really tell you much though. I know when I'm spidering, sometimes I get on a hot streak, nailing down a shitload of kills for just one particular part of the game, and then the rest of the game I'm back to my normal killing consistency. If I played a game with one of those hot streaks, the average would be thrown off by that one outlying kpm number. I really think this stat is going to be inaccurate no matter how you go about it. And it won't really help us determine who was a better spider either. [/EDIT]
                  I Agree, it's too much work for a statistic that tells you little. Just the normal K/L seems to be much better.
                  7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                  7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                  7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                  7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                  1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

mVpPP is your fucking mother, shitnecks.
                    sage

Comment

Longest name gets mvp. or shortest. Whichever is farthest from the mean.

Comment

Jas, of course spider woith most kills wins. but it would make it easily comparable accross different games.

internet de la jerome

Comment

what are you getting at with that?

you have ave kills/minute, what next?

this is the same as saying "okay, i can sit on a busy street corner and see how many cars go by from a period starting at 7am and going til 9pm and see what the average is". but what good is it?
                          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                          Philos> there is something about you
                          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Rand pretty much covered what I was going to reply to you with, Jerome. What's the point?
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason

I'm not sure what you're saying. All you do is take (total kills)/(time played). I assume it wouldn't be hard for the bot to record how long each person was actually in the game. It would really only be accurate though if the stats were recorded so it could keep track of kpm over a large number of games. Like Sleepy weasel has gotten 10,000 kills in 1,000 minutes of playing spider so he has 10 kpm, while Mattey has 1000 kills in 1,000 minutes of playing spider so he's at a lowly 1 kpm.

It actually would be the most accurate way to get a stat on how many killls each player gets in spider, it's just a question of whether anyone cares or not. A lot more useful than kpg, because then if someone only plays like 5 minutes of a game their average is destroyed.
                              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 03-18-2004, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X