The TWD System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TWD System

doesn't work at all. Digitale and Gravest for TWLD!
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

These kinds of comments are said every reset, and the same general response reigns true, let it even out for a couple of weeks and you won't be seeing these types of squads anymore... if they're still up there for TWDD and TWJD, then they're most likely doing something right.

The only time this didn't reign true however was with HCK-Limited, who took advantage of the small number of squads playing in TWBD in order to get a head over everybody, but that wasn't the system's fault, that was just the fault of the lack of squads playing.

Comment

Nick, i respect ya but i disagree with you on this one man.

The system does actually work, other than a stray dragonguard or -solstice- in there but i guess they did beat some good squads last year.

Yesterday my squad decided to try to play a few and move ourselves up the ladder, all we did was just pick out squads that didn't really belong in the top 15 and beat them. I'm assuming everyone will see those random squads up there and beat them.

The truth is, they were just the first squads to play and are now ez points for the rest of us. If they manage to keep winning when better squads challenge them, then they've earned their spot.

EDIT: Just saw digitale looking for a TWDD game and had 7 people in the arena but would not accept our challenges. So screw them lets just wait for an aliased squad to take them out of the top 15 then, theres usually a few of those floating around.
      Last edited by Awesome; 04-03-2004, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
        doesn't work at all. Digitale and Gravest for TWLD!
        I belive this was said by myself b4 Last TWL was ended, and said many times by many ppl in the offseason. The ladder takes over 1 month to sort out if not 2 months. PPl now including my own squad r picky about who they play. OF course i dont want to play shriek with 3 basers and myself online when shriek was in 20th spot (example) and we were in top 5. Thats just a stupid thing to do. I am not the only captain/person doin this, i can garentee u that. Thats the problem with TWD. U dont have to play the good squads and u can probably still make TWL. Once the deserving squads get alot of poitns or so far ahead of other squads then it dont hurt to try to play them. Losing to shriek (example squad) When they are #1 and losing 5 points in a JD is alot better then losing 30 points to them.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Righty-O!

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
          I belive this was said by myself b4 Last TWL was ended, and said many times by many ppl in the offseason. The ladder takes over 1 month to sort out if not 2 months. PPl now including my own squad r picky about who they play. OF course i dont want to play shriek with 3 basers and myself online when shriek was in 20th spot (example) and we were in top 5. Thats just a stupid thing to do. I am not the only captain/person doin this, i can garentee u that. Thats the problem with TWD. U dont have to play the good squads and u can probably still make TWL. Once the deserving squads get alot of poitns or so far ahead of other squads then it dont hurt to try to play them. Losing to shriek (example squad) When they are #1 and losing 5 points in a JD is alot better then losing 30 points to them.

Beautifully put Cig... Digi isn't hiding from the good squad, we just aren't stupid. And we have taken our beats from good squads (DragonGuard). You guys want to talk trash to us, and yet check our thing, we even beat Sk8. So please stop talking trash about us. And remember guys, we're a morning squad because our captains and players are mostly dutch! (Morning US Time)

- EDIT - I might add that we have beaten gravest and avalonian as well.

Comment

the system is bad.. like wtf no one wants to play SHriek.. like wtf and how the fuk Digital is like #2? look at their squad history.. ffs
            9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
            4:Nimrook> No?
            4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
            4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
            4:Akuun> ROFL
            4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
            4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
            4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

This happens every time the ladder is reset, and like someone said, it does take a while for it to sort itself out. I think it would be good if every squad lost a certain percentage of their points per day, so it would keep lamers off the top spots, and MAKE people play.
              sdg

Comment

I dont think ppl not playing is the problem. I think they are complaining bc of the squads who play ez ppl and get pionts to stay on top of the latter. But u do have to look @ It form the other side of the map. Those squads doin that arent stupid, they dotn want to just hand over points to a better squad. If they play that squad they want 1 of there best lineups on and to hav ea good chance of winning. Also it would be nice if that better squad was ranked higher on the ladder to u'd get more points for winning and lose less for losing. No one wants to play a better squad and lose 30+ points for being "brave". ANother thing is like WR said last reset. WHy would u want to play a squad who is arrogant and even whines when they win. Its stupid, not fun, and frustrating to just hear them whine all game using " even when ahead by 10+ sometimes. Those squads deserve to get no games.

And yes stab, they will sort out in time, but ppl were takling about waiting 1 month then pick TWL teams. The ladder wont be near sorted out in 1 month, especialy in basing.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Hmm maybe there should be a twd playoff before twl begins, so squads like digitale wont be able to steal twl spots from the more competative squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Mage
                    And we have taken our beats from good squads (DragonGuard).
                    Omg I feel like we are so elite :eek:
                    1:Sensitive> i hit a family of ducks the other day on the high way

Comment

Sigh, do you people ever learn from the past?
                      I guess not, too many thickheaded or just stupid people.

Anyways, ill explain above.
                      This happens on ever reset we had. The squads think they can rack up quick points by playing squads who they can beat easily or whatever.
                      Sure this works for A FEW WEEKS. What happens afterwards?
                      Those squads will have to play better squads with a better rating to stay on top.

Last reset syndicate complained about not getting games. What happened before the reset? Syndicate was in the top10 at least, if i remember correctly even on top. What happened? The other squads had to play them or some just wanted to play for fun.

Why keep whining about it every reset?

P.S. Cig, Im sure the TWL ops will consider it before picking squads for TWL.
                      Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

The higher rating a squad has, the more you will gain by beating them.
                        You all start with 1000, so if at start, you play sucky squads you will have 100% win and gain ~25 points a match for the first 5 matches.
                        But you need to stay active to stay on the ladder too.
                        After the first week, all the sucky squads have 800 rating, the good squads (if active enough) have 1200 points. And a few milking squads have 1200 too.

Two weeks later, squads still have to play.. The good squads don't lose, so they win from squads with ~1100 rating and so still gain ~25 points a match.
                        The milking squads need to be active to keep up, but they can only win from sucky squads.. those with 800 rating. So one match will give them ~8 points.
                        If they try to gain more points by playing better squads they lose ~25 because they suck.

So if you rate your squad so high, maybe you should start to play matches.

What you are saying now is like you walk a marathon, and some guy starts off like a maniac and you go: 'sigh, I can never win this, that dude is so fast'.
                        Two minutes later he burns out and quits. It's too early to judge.
                        Remember this is TWD III, the system worked the last two seasons.
                        Last edited by Zerzera; 04-06-2004, 05:00 AM.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The thing that ur missing is those "elite" squads who are on the top or will be on the top of the ladder bc they beat the squads with higher rating are usualy not as active as those milking squads. They mite play 3-4 games and win say 3 outa 3. Thats 75 points gained. An active milking squad gaining 8 points a match can get taht in 9 games about. Which when ur playing ez squads dont take all that long to get usualy. Even if u dont score more or the exact amount u'll still be able to make TWL with being in 10th-12th spot which any squad who is active enuff could milk that high probably. I also think the problem more lies with TWBD then the other 2. There are clearly less games played in basing then dueling and jav so u win a fwe ez games and/or stay active beating ez squads and u can probably squirm ur way into TWLB even if u dont finish top 3 which isnt really important.

BLeen all u said is rite they usualy do straiten out afte ra few weeks, but they said they wanted to start TWL after a month-2 of TWD which all 3 ladders wont be straitened out by then. Most will be but basing wont and u'll still have a few stragler squads in there.

Rip i said that b4 bout a playoff for the last so many spots. I said the 1st 5 on ladder to make TWL stay and the rest have to fight for the last 5-7 spots, but it was turned down by many ppl bc it would take more time. I think its jsut best to wait long enuff for TWD to settle in, 1 month clearly isnt enuff time to wait.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

You are generalizing Cig Smoke?
                            Ah so, Good equals Inactive....

Well if you are an inactive dude in some inactive vet-squad you probably aren't into subspace that much anymore, and you can give your TWL-spot to eager newbies that play 24*7.
                            You make it sound like every good squad is doomed to fail due inactivity. I say that all good squads end up in leagues.
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

U misunderstood what i meant. I know that those squads will make TWL bc of what u said above. THey do get the 25+ points for a win and such bc they play them better squads. What i was implying tho is there is only so many of them squads. There isnt 12ish of them squads in any of them leagues. If u generalize it to 7 in dd/jd (if that) u still have 5 or so squads who can be anyone who is active enuff to get it. Im not talking about getting #1 in TWD. Im talking about getting #12-13 or those last few TWD spots which make TWL. Those can be gained by milking squads. And yes tehre are some of the top tier squads who are active like diso/pallies/sk8 etc, but in general the elite squads who consist of the "vets" are usualy more inactive. Look @ -f- for example and so on, they dont play near as many games as digitale. So basicaly what all this blabber says is when ur making 10+ teams requalify for TWL ur bound to have squads who are active and milk for points make TWL, which basicaly says the system isnt exactly 100% working.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X