No announcement yet.

The TWD System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Kahla dissolve because of getting banned for cheating? Because at least 1 squad got banned from TWL last year for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

Portal did the same thing. They will be banned from TWL if the ops do their job right.
    sdg

Comment

It just takes time for the ladder to even out, digitale and gravest dissolved already and squads like it will die or slowy move down the ladder
      Last edited by 3Stripes; 04-09-2004, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Basing = evil.

Duel= $

Also, you bashed my squad..one of you..I forgot to who...whoever, you suck..and smell of elderberries..
        _-Tri/p_

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound/Spastic
          Did Kahla dissolve because of getting banned for cheating? Because at least 1 squad got banned from TWL last year for doing pretty much the exact same thing.

Portal did the same thing. They will be banned from TWL if the ops do their job right.
          Well looks like Portal has split, see many of its member goto this new squad called Imprecate.

As for Kahla, haven't chatted with Paky lately, so no idea there.

I'm sure these people are probably aware that we all are aware of what they did.

Yeah, Twd will even out in the end, only time will tell.

The thing I'm not 100% sure about is how many weeks is the twl qualifications for? I read some thread in TWL forums and PUSHER said something like 3 weeks.

Comment

Im not suer either, but 3 weeks hasta be coming up soon not to mention that is no where near close enuff for the ladders to settle.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
              PPl arent stupid nowdays They know how to make TWL or atleast increase there chances of making TWL. They konw the #1 spot will give them the most points for winningand least amount for losing. They also know Grapevine is a very good DD squad. U being ranked 15th with such talent dont make the top 10 squads really want to play u bc its a good chance they'd just be giving there points away to u. Thats the problem with TWD. Im sure once u guys get up in the top 3/5 and higher points more ppl will wanna play u just for the sake of trying to take ur points. Until then dont expect as many games unless u do to notch squads constnatly.
              we are sixth today and squads are even more pussy. . .

all 5 of the squads ahead of us ducked us to play shitty squads on more than one occassion.

the leader of one of them actually said "randedl, i am not playing you, gtfo"

and whoever the hell keeps losing to british squad, stop it. if they make twld it will be a disgrace.
              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
              Philos> there is something about you
              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I just thought of an interesting idea, not for near future, but maybe for the far future of twd. Just a brainstorm idea hit me, that might help things out so more squads play each other.

If squad is high up on the ladder, but get their by milking weaker squads, then they better prove they keep their spot or ascend further by playing more challenging squads; I agree.

Anyhow the idea:

If a twd player ranking system exists, perhaps have star ratings for all players in respective leagues (twdd, twjd, twbd).

Then impose limits of high star rating players on squads. Like have a limit of say 5-7... 4 star rated twdd players per squad. LIke 20-25 4 star rated players on 1 squad is just too stacked and gets pretty pointless. In the long run I think this hurts the league, cause how can a new squad with only a handful of average (2-star) players and the rest (1-star) new players compete with the likes of these Super Squads.

That way you don't have all the 4 star rated twdd players on just 5-9 Super Squads, but rather spread out more among other weaker squads who need some well experienced players on their lineups.

I think in the NHL, the league tries to somehow equal the player base out, atleast every NHL team has a few star forwards.

But then you got problems, like some 4 star rated players wouldn't like this cause they wana be with their friends who maybe they known for like 3-4 years.

However, the probability of determining who wins a match would be more unpredictable... therefore more squads would twdd any squad since its every squad should have a somewhat close to equal chance to win, not an obvious predicted match win.

For example if two Super squads battle it out, I can't predict who will win.
                If Super Squad plays Average joe Squad, Super Squad will most likely win 90-100% of the time... actually usually its 99.9% guarenteed win. Now do you understand where the fear comes from, clear and logical. But if it was 60% chance they might win, then heck we got a 40% to win.. more fair.

The other benefit the spread out of my 4-star Rated Players would also help increase more training and produce a larger population of competitive players for this league.

Just an idea, might be stupid to some of you, or it would be a big nightmare for the Super-Squads; or this might lead the whole league to a level of mediocrity. Who knows maybe it might lead to creation of 30-40 Super Squads with the increased higher skilled player population, and more competition will come out of it in the end.

I left Warpath last week, cause their captain would only play Super Squads all the time. Soon they had like 5-10 match losing streaks, then the squad hit below the 900 rating points.. they went down to like 820-830 rating points, I never been on a squad that hit this level, not since when I played my 1st month of twd. I admire the courage of Warpath to face Super Squads, but almost everytime they faced one, they lost. They had some close matches, with squads like shriek..50-40 rounds, and they have some great skill on their squad. Yet, because of playing mainly good squads and losing, they won't make TWLD. Yes, I felt I had to leave and find a better squad that is more focussed.. yes, play supersquads but with best lineups, and add variety to which squads we face. I feel like a sucker, when I'm put on a lineup with weaker squad mates and we have to face a super squad. After 10-15 match losses, you say screw it, its not working. And if you think its bad of me to do this, I've seen players leave a squad on the account that they lost against a so called newb squad.. just 1 match loss, and they take off to the next winner squad.

Comment

Originally posted by SnallTrippin
                  Basing = evil.

Duel= $

Also, you bashed my squad..one of you..I forgot to who...whoever, you suck..and smell of elderberries..
                  ahah!

big nose.

Comment

is it just me or does wise cherubs post not make a lot of sense?

however, from what little i did grasp, that wouldnt work, SS players arent getting payed for their time. its a free game, and people are gonna go where they please, and play with whom they please. enforcing some 5-9 person limit would completely kill off all twl squads since they dont have anyone "crap" on roster, it would also ruin twl since is meant to be the best of the best.

with a team of 5 good ppl and say 20 crap ppl those 5 would play in all of the matches (the crap ones wouldnt be getting any better).

I fail to see the point behind your idea.
                    Displaced> I get pussy every day
                    Displaced> I'm rich
                    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                    Thors> prolly
                    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

wise, how do u know who the 2/3/4 star players are? someone opinons?

Comment

Would never work, mainly for the reason TajaUK mentioned. Also, people could just make a new name if they wanted to be a lower rank, or whatever.
                        sdg

Comment

Hey its just an idea, don't have to crucify me for it. People in this thread are complaining about the current TWD system, just throwing in some ideas to help improve things.

As for Star rating for players, would have to be solely based on stats. But that wouldn't be precise/accurate, since everyone should know if a good player is stuck on a new player lineup, they'll have bad stats as well as oppose to be on an elite lineup, where there is less pressure on yourself.

Yeah, your right the Super-Squads would be torn apart and it would led to league of mediocrity.

The point behind the idea was to create a more level playing field (squads being more even in the league) this way no one will be pussy to accept a match. Since matches will be less predictable, and there is a somewhat more even chance to win, then more squads will duel each other.

Take Syndicate for example... lets say Syndicate plays some lower ranked squad or higher ranked squad.

Who will most likely win these matches?

Syndicate vs Fire?
                          Syndicate vs Paladen?
                          Syndicate vs Emperor's Chosen?

Based on current squad situations, I would say Fire vs Syndicate match would be more unpredictable on who will win. There is higher % chance Syndicate would beat Paladen. Emperor's Chosen would lose for sure, like 99.9% chance.

That is the point behind the idea; just an idea nothing more.

ps: Sorry to the squads I used as an example, nothing personal.

pps: I think the real best thing to level the playing field in the league is to educate and train more of the newer players on good twd'ing. Set them straight so they don't have to spend 4 years to learn some tactic/skill. Though some of us all know the better players aren't willing to share their knowledge with others, since it would threaten them in the end. But whether someone has knowledge its upto them in what to do with it. Some stuff can't be taught in text, it has to be learn by experience.

Comment

You only get points for playing teams ranked +-20 teams within your's, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by TajaUk
                              You only get points for playing teams ranked +-20 teams within your's, problem solved.
                              What if people within your point range either dont exist or wont play you?
                              Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                                we are sixth today and squads are even more pussy. . .

all 5 of the squads ahead of us ducked us to play shitty squads on more than one occassion.

the leader of one of them actually said "randedl, i am not playing you, gtfo"

and whoever the hell keeps losing to british squad, stop it. if they make twld it will be a disgrace.
                                Then i dunno what to say I thought it'd be ezier once u got into the top 5 so u had more points to lose if u actualy lost. But ur in top 5 so u have to be doin something rite.

Off topic did anyone else hear that Perish is PAYING ppl to play for interface? This mite not be directly illegal but i think something should be looked @ being with ppl like Cape/ruine/disown and such they'll have a nice chance at making TWLJ but everyone knows them players will leave once they either 1) get the money or 2) TWL comes around. Last nite i saw them duel some squad Imprecable or whatever it is. Not a "noob" squad but not that great and they almost lost. If it wasnt for Capes 19-10 and Disowns 11-2 (i think) they would of lost. Seems stupid to me.
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X