Good Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verthanthi
    I know lots of people who complain about grv's lag.
    i do too... but i love the guy.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
      I know lots of people who complain about grv's lag.
      ok then mb, i dont think he lags tho, not as much as you guys say he does.

Comment

If you have seen the Pallies - Disoblige match yesterday (the first one). You would come to the conclusion, that a 4-1 lineup can be as strong as a 5-0 lineup. And that timerace doesn't change the excitement.
        Hell, I never spectated a match more exciting than this one.
        And there wasn't even anything at stake, if it was I would have died from my nerves.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I've played countless games both with and against Greven in ?go base. I also had the displeasure of playing a TWBD match against him in the recent past. The dude routinely lags straight through an entire cram, making his way up to the top of the flag platform. This is a disruption to the defending team's cram because someone has to pull back to take care of him. It's one thing for a guy to get in to fr because of a hole in the enemy cram, but Greven doesn't need any holes. He doesn't need to make any holes. He, for lack of a better analogy, walks straight through a solid wall as if the wall weren't even there.

Greven also has the incredible ability to thrust right through a sea of spider bullets and both enemy sharks' constant repping and somehow manage to lay a mine on top of the terr. Attacking a cram that he's defending gets outright funny after you watch him waltz through your entire team like a hot knife through butter time and time again. You just can't help but laugh at the insane lag.

My accusations are not by any means baseless. I've spent plenty of time playing with the guy and against the guy. I've spent plenty of time observing him from spec in ?go base games and various TWBD matches. Greven is one laggy guy, and you're either a liar or your blind if you think otherwise. That being said, I'd stick up for my squaddie too, which is exactly what you're doing. You tend to let the truth slide when you're sticking up for one of your own, now don't you?
          Last edited by Jason; 04-07-2004, 07:30 PM.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

First of all,hes not my squaddie,not anymore.
            Second,ive never noticed that about him,maybe i am wrong,but in my opinion grev doesnt lag like that.No need to be all pissed Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              Greven also has the incredible ability to thrust right through a sea of spider bullets and both enemy sharks' constant repping and somehow manage to lay a mine on top of the terr. Attacking a cram that he's defending gets outright funny after you watch him waltz through your entire team like a hot knife through butter time and time again. You just can't help but laugh at the insane lag.
              Ur not the only one who realizes he eats more then his fair share of spider bullets without dying and yet has the ability to lay a mine where he needs it I like grev always have, but when i watch him play it tends to happen alot. SO i'd have to agree with jason to some extent. Its more of him eating shots not really spiking all over the place. More of something like the "fbz lag" when fbz sharked
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Cig knows what's up. And Pyro, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm pissed. Greven's lag is an annoyance, yes. It doesn't have me in an uproar though. You see, Spastic is like a big hot-air balloon right now. All this hype is filling that balloon up, keeping the possibility of a second championship afloat. Think of me as the guy looking to bring that balloon to the ground, back where it belongs next to the rest of us. Pointing out Greven's slightly too advantageous lag is my hole in Spastic's balloon.

Man, I spent way too much time on that analogy.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah Jason, when the fact still remains that grevens lag is fucking annoying.
                  Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                  You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                  There wont be another election for president.
                  Obama is the Omega President.
                  http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                    twlb will likely be:

fixed damage
                    time race
                    no max in spider

basically what it is in twbd now. This isn't final but its leaning towards that

Add a firm lag limit and this is how it should be. only pussies want a spider limit. And time race is just the best system. I don't really care about random damage, but it seems like fixed damage just makes sense.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                    X