Match Prediction Gambling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought of another funny idea, some of you might think its silly...but

Ok, say squad mates accumulate a large sum of virtual money (call them TWD credits).

They put in a challenge to a squad they really wana play (bought with TWD Credits). This challenge must be accepted over a set period of time, if not the squad who forfeits gets penalized and losses by default.

Forced match acception with bought twd credits; this might get some squads to play squads they normally avoid. Of course it would be rare, since it would take time to accumulate x # of credits. Also some squads play normally at certain times and might not be able to face them; for example a euro squad vs an american squad.

I don't know just an idea that hit me, sort of silly, but who knows.

Comment

It would be awesome if you started with like $500 fake dollars, and you could bet on any TWD games, with a bonus for guessing the correct MVP also. The website would keep track of it like a seperate ladder. Oooooo this sounds like it would be a good project.
      sdg

Comment

I had this idea years ago where the virtual money (I called it subspace bux) are built into the game itself, not a seperate website, and you can bet on absolutely anything that people will bet on with you. if you want to bet someone that a certain person wins elim, or that someone only gets 4 kills in duel, or whatever, you can.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

btw, if anyone starts a site where you can gamble real money on subspace stuff, count me in.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Yeah, I know these aren't original ideas, but I guess people think the same thing as you play the game over a period of time.

I don't have tons of money myself, but it would be fun to bet every so often; who knows you may just win.

Yeah, I would be interested in this as well. But it comes down to who would impliment it. Where would such a webpage reside and would it be connected to the TW zone.

Is there rules (is it illegal) to bet on the outcome of video game events? I know in Canada or even in the USA, gambling is becoming increasingly common now; but back 20 years ago it was looked down upon. How would funds be transfered? Via Paypal? Some kids don't have credit cards, so that might cut out a large portion of the TW population. Despite this, you think it might be somewhat popular?

Another thing, with money comes corruption; if you bet on two squads, who knows one might let the other win to win a bet...sort of like boxing situations.

Comment

You're right, and that's why I wouldn't bet large amounts.

It might be illegal though, I dunno.

Comment

I'll look into this either by talking with people or looking around at regulation info. If anyone else knows please reply and let us know. I'll reply with my findings later on.

Comment

Working...
                X