Squad Hopping Throughout TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Hopping Throughout TWD

I fail to believe I'm the only one that dislikes squadhoppers, and as a former leader I know how much it can hurt the squad with skill and morale. However, I do believe squadhoppers should keep squadhopping if they wish, sometimes it DOES take a bit to get on the squad you want to. Here's a crazy idea though, impliment some sort of rule where someone that leaves the squad (not being kicked, but leaving) cannot rejoin it within.... say 6 months (the time can varry).

This will help out those spineless captains that can't put their foot down and say "no"... they're out there, and you know who you are... and it will give a bit more of an incentive for people to stay on their current squad. No, this won't cure the cancer that is squadhopping, but I believe it could slow it down a bit.

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
    I fail to believe I'm the only one that dislikes squadhoppers, and as a former leader I know how much it can hurt the squad with skill and morale. However, I do believe squadhoppers should keep squadhopping if they wish, sometimes it DOES take a bit to get on the squad you want to. Here's a crazy idea though, impliment some sort of rule where someone that leaves the squad (not being kicked, but leaving) cannot rejoin it within.... say 6 months (the time can varry).

This will help out those spineless captains that can't put their foot down and say "no"... they're out there, and you know who you are... and it will give a bit more of an incentive for people to stay on their current squad. No, this won't cure the cancer that is squadhopping, but I believe it could slow it down a bit.
    Sure, squadhopping is a problem. But I don't think the 6 months limit of rejoining a squad would solve it. How about if someone leaves a squad for another, then doesn't like it and just wants to go on their original squad that they've been on for a long time?

Maybe keep a limit that a player can only switch TWL squads once a month or something like that though.

Comment

This would also be pretty hard to implement, as if this rule was in place now, a quick namechange could solve the problem. It's a noble idea, PaulO, but if the captain chooses to let a person back on, it's their fault...not the league's.
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Squad hoppers do suck...but what can you do about it? :/....Ive got the rule, you leave...oh well...you arent getting the pw out of me, or an acceptance on the roster from me...go stick your head up another captains arse if you want to...i wont do it =p

Comment

I know we have the roster lock and all now, but it doesn't help a bit in the late offseason and early weeks of the regular season of TWL as far as squadhopping is concerned. These are the times when squadhopping really starts to become a problem. Everyone wants to be on the best team they can manage to get on by the time TWL rolls around, at least the unloyal squadhoppers do. I forget how long the suspension is in the RSHL/MSHL, but every time a player moves to a new roster, they are ineligible to play for a certain number of weeks. Why don't we just do that? In TWD, once the reset takes place and we start requalifying, make the penalty for jumping ship two weeks of ineligiblity. In TWL, before the roster lock, also make it two weeks. I think you'd see a lot less squadhopping if the squadhoppers were forced to sit the bench. You can use ips/machineids to get around the name change problem, and if people try to circumvent an ip/mid check, they'll get a permanent ban from both TWD and TWL if they're ever found out.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Jesus
            I know we have the roster lock and all now, but it doesn't help a bit in the late offseason and early weeks of the regular season of TWL as far as squadhopping is concerned. These are the times when squadhopping really starts to become a problem. Everyone wants to be on the best team they can manage to get on by the time TWL rolls around, at least the unloyal squadhoppers do. I forget how long the suspension is in the RSHL/MSHL, but every time a player moves to a new roster, they are ineligible to play for a certain number of weeks. Why don't we just do that? In TWD, once the reset takes place and we start requalifying, make the penalty for jumping ship two weeks of ineligiblity. In TWL, before the roster lock, also make it two weeks. I think you'd see a lot less squadhopping if the squadhoppers were forced to sit the bench. You can use ips/machineids to get around the name change problem, and if people try to circumvent an ip/mid check, they'll get a permanent ban from both TWD and TWL if they're ever found out.
            I believe they do this in DSB to. Once u apply/get accepted on the league roster ur ineligable for a # of days b4 u can play leagues. Of course they dont have TWD, and i dotn konw if u'd want ot make them ineligable for TWD or not, but TWL it could be done. I think there is a 7 day waiting period anyway isnt there? I dont think thtas long enuff tho anyway. There isnt as much hopping in TWL as there is TWD anyway. Maybe put a week ineligable thing on TWD or something so when a person is accepted on roster he cant play for 5-7 days. That will stop ppl from constantly changing names, hopping from squad to squad, Stop ppl like RUine and merce who play 1 game for shriek then 1 for interface or someone the next hour. ANd it will stop squads from gion out and quick recruiting someone when there 4th person left for a TWD game. Of course it wont stop it 100% but im sure it'd limit it when someone has to wait a week to play a game.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Who cares about squadhopping? It's all about finding the squad that fits you. If you're not happy on a squad, you should have the right to leave and find a squad that you are happy on. Un-fun loser squadowners complain about squadhopping.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Tons of people have left our squad, and most have asked to be let back on. If it was just for a short time we usually take them back, but we have denied a good deal of people too. How many friends a particular person has on a squad and how skilled they are can make a difference.

Yes, squadhoppers suck, but there are so many of them nowadays. But I think it should be left alone and up to the caps of respective squads to choose. For now RB is content to taking and training people and let those squadhoppers help the basing community grow.
                -L3

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                  Who cares about squadhopping? It's all about finding the squad that fits you. If you're not happy on a squad, you should have the right to leave and find a squad that you are happy on. Un-fun loser squadowners complain about squadhopping.
                  There's a difference between "finding the squad that fits you" and squadhopping like a son of a bitch. There are lots of people that have like 10 previous squads and join/leave a new one every week or two. These are the kind of people that should be blacklisted from TWD.
                  sdg

Comment

No they shouldn't, there are a lot of shitty squads out there. They just haven't found a good one yet. Who are you to say that others have to stay on a squad that they hate in order to play TWD's. This is a stupid idea that should never be implemented.
                    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

When RB broke up for 1-2 months, I joined a different squad. When RB reformed, I went back. I wasn't squadhopping but a changed squads a couple of times in a few months.

Maybe some squads want squadhoppers...let them have em.

Comment

I don't think anything should be done about squadhoppers. They should be able to come and go as they please. It's really the captains job, if you think someone is a squadhopper then don't recruit him. You know you're taking a chance when you recruit someone who's been in 10 squads in the last 2 months. Although I think players should be a little more sure of which squads they want to join before they actually join it. Lot of people just join the first squad they think of without really taking time to see if that squad is really for them. But yeah, its really the captains problem or whoever is doing the recruiting.

Comment

I pretty much just want to punish shitheads like Cape and Ruine, the kind of guys who, as Cig said, hop back and forth five times a week. Let everyone else do what they want. It's one thing to find the squad that fits you. It's another to know damn well what squad fits you, but still bounce around all over the place just because you're an idiot who likes to screw with the system.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                            I pretty much just want to punish shitheads like Cape and Ruine, the kind of guys who, as Cig said, hop back and forth five times a week. Let everyone else do what they want. It's one thing to find the squad that fits you. It's another to know damn well what squad fits you, but still bounce around all over the place just because you're an idiot who likes to screw with the system.
                            I belive a eligibility period is in order. I think it was on the TO DO list for a while. Don't really know who's incharge of it though.
                            Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

No they shouldn't, there are a lot of shitty squads out there. They just haven't found a good one yet. Who are you to say that others have to stay on a squad that they hate in order to play TWD's. This is a stupid idea that should never be implemented.
                              Mattey, How come there is lots of shitty squads in TW leagues (out there)?

You have any ideas to improve the League so there is more competitive squads out there?

I respect your insight since your an Elite duelist.

Comment

Working...
                              X