Forfeit wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forfeit wins

Why do forfeit wins grant the winner points in TWD. There is no logical reason why someone who faces a squad who doesn't even field a team should gain rank for it...especially during qualification time, but also at any time. there is just no reason for it...take points away from the loser and give 0 points to the winner. fair and ez.
    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

You're looking at it the wrong way there. TWD removes points from squads who are incapable of showing a playable roster, making squads think twice about challenging another squad, instead of recklessly challenging squads.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

That's what he says. Remove the rating from the squad that forfeits, but do not reward the other squad for nothing. Maybe give them 1 ratingpoint for the trouble.

Anyway I think this thread is in the wrong place. The rating thing's only in TWD. In TWL the opponent of a squad that forfeits will still get their points.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Right now TWD is being used as a TWL qualifier so this concerns this seasons TWL and hardly anyone looks at the TWD thread during this time so thats why i put it here.

and kim, as zerzera just said. you can still take away points to discourage forfeiting without rewarding the winning team for doing nothing.
        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

TWD Still.
          Greets,
          Roger

Comment

I complained about this last year - http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=4296 - I was suggesting the same thing, but Mythrandir just made it so you lose 2x the points for a forfiet I guess. Better than nothing, but still not fixing the real problem with forfiets.
            sdg

Comment

Working...
            X