No announcement yet.

Basing Rethought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it's a fun idea. But I fear that it won't really work in ?go base at least. Your proposal adds a lot of chaos to the game (much like 2-terr basing did), and more chaos is more challenge. But I'm afraid it's more chaos than any player could handle, and that it will end up in one big mess of unpredictability and loss of control.

If someone feels like writing the proper bot equipment for it, then I have no problems to have it test run for a couple of days in ?go base.

All the bot has to do is to:
    - keep players in spec from entering
    - keep players in game from changing freq
    - mantain a 1 terr maximum and a 2 shark maximum. Plus a lev restriction.

The rest can be done by manual hosting (picking of teams, lagouts, point race)

If the idea is succesful then maybe it's worth the effort to make it fully automatical in matchbot.

Comment

The man has spoken. Do it up arro!
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
        I agree it's a fun idea. But I fear that it won't really work in ?go base at least. Your proposal adds a lot of chaos to the game (much like 2-terr basing did), and more chaos is more challenge. But I'm afraid it's more chaos than any player could handle, and that it will end up in one big mess of unpredictability and loss of control.

If someone feels like writing the proper bot equipment for it, then I have no problems to have it test run for a couple of days in ?go base.

All the bot has to do is to:
        - keep players in spec from entering
        - keep players in game from changing freq
        - mantain a 1 terr maximum and a 2 shark maximum. Plus a lev restriction.

The rest can be done by manual hosting (picking of teams, lagouts, point race)

If the idea is succesful then maybe it's worth the effort to make it fully automatical in matchbot.
        When you say manual hosting, what do you mean? Also, will people with current matchbot powers be able to start this type of game as well?
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
          When you say manual hosting, what do you mean? Also, will people with current matchbot powers be able to start this type of game as well?
          A1:
          /*setship #
          /*setfreq #
          *scorereset
          *arena

That kind of stuff ERs do daily :P

A2: No, not with a 'primitive' bot, you'd need arena powers to get a game started.

Comment

Originally posted by arrogance
            Caps would need to have players in that they trust to do what they're supposed to. If there are intersquad problems with people doing their own thing then that would be their responsibility to deal with. Caps could probably still have the power to sub someone out if they're being a problem.
            At the begining of the game you can choose the people you want to be "free agents" to have the ability switch their own ships on the fly, these would be the peeps you know you can trust to make the right desicions. Like your caps and asscaps would be automatic.
            Live and let die.

1:Nickname> yo
            1:HEATHA> hey
            1:First Knight> hey nick
            1:Bigwig> wtf
            1:Bigwig> i thought you joined...grapevine or something
            1:Nickname> shows what you know

Comment

Originally posted by First Knight
              At the begining of the game you can choose the people you want to be "free agents" to have the ability switch their own ships on the fly, these would be the peeps you know you can trust to make the right desicions. Like your caps and asscaps would be automatic.
              That sounds pretty good, but you'd have an awful lot of annoying people bugging you to be free agents.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                That's the worst idea I have ever seen on this messageboard.
                I know, I guess I did it as a joke, to get the terrier people upset..lol..

But who knows, it might make basing a more challenging experience, or boring cause when you die you have to waste your time flying towards the flagroom and that takes like 10-20secs each time.

Comment

Working...
                X