TWD Ladders - remove inactive squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Ladders - remove inactive squads

As TWL has been announced and squads are reforming which sees a natural shift towards squads once again focusing on TWD as the primary place to practice, it would be great if we could sort out the mess that is the TWD ladders in their current state.

I'm purely looking at this from a cosmetic perspective - as it stands very inactive/dead squads are left on the ladder, which is ugly on the eye and not the easiest to clearly see how active squads are performing. Using the current dd ladder as an example, we have 20 squads on there with 4 being random squads with 0 games played, and at least another 4-5 squads who are completely inactive, meaning there are 10-12 squads who are actually competing at the moment.

I think it was originally intended to keep squads on there longer to make it look like the zone was more active than it was, but I'm not really sure having dead squads sat there extending the length of the ladders is having any positive impact.

Any chance we can look at removing these squads?

TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

http://twd.trenchwars.org/
    Agreed.
    Atm when someone wants to find a squad to join they look at the ladder and have to work out which squads are legit and which aren't. Let's make it easier for them.

Comment

TWD site needs a makeover at some point. I agree we should get rid of inactive squads. There are s a TON.

In the meantime you can see active squads here http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads but the catch is you need to be logged out to see the tag cloud (lol)
      Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

lmao + the tag cloud has squads on it that don't exist anymore so it's shit anyway.

and it's not the first time I've complained about this, but whatever the fix is, please do it in a way that the table and the statement about the table are consistent.
        Last edited by Rab; 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

This is a good idea, I was thinking the same thing myself when visiting the site for the first time. It was very confusing, I would also suggest adding roster as the first tab when you click on a squad, and maybe merging that page with the activity stats in fact. Right now activity stats or something is the first page.

EDIT: Also don't remove inactive squads from the league database, keep them all in, and display their old rosters and stats, but ideally have a way to display only active squads on certain lists or separate active squads from inactive ones.

EDIT2: Even more ideally it would be neat if we could get a group of people together to make a subspace wide league site for every zone, which reads every zone database and displays stats individually for each zone while also handling league sign ups.
          Last edited by Falconeer; 02-20-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Spoken to qan about this, all he needs is instruction to do it from leagues (turban/undercut/lockdown) then it shouldn't be long before it's done.
            I'll chase that up with those people to satisfy that requirement.

Comment

I think a better idea instead of removing inactive squads would be to change the color of the squad or slap a big "A" somewhere on them identify them correctly as being inactive. The whole point qan kept inactives on the ladder was to give appearance the game wasn't dead. If he hadn't of done that, just 2 months ago it would of been Wolf/Paladen.. THATS IT. How depressing that would of been? Keeping the ladder alive was important, I still think once TWL is over that keeping inactives on it would be a good idea. You may know 1-2 squads are only active out of 15 but if the ladder shows 15, people who pass the website don't instantly jump to conclusions and might want to login to play.

Comment

I agree, BUT.

I think the squads that have made a huge impact in this zone should remain for the nostalgia of seeing the names on the roster and how old the squad is.

Like -FINAL-
                Dice
                etc.
                FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Working...
                X