X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announce TWBD games in ?chat=base

At the moment the best strategy for playing games of basing is:
    - sit in ?go twbd so you see if a game starts, and ask to be borrowed
    - join ?chat=base so you get notified if a game starts in that arena instead

This ties you to the twbd arena, which kinda sucks.

Could games of twbd be announced in ?chat=base so I can move around the zone without missing games of basing?

With how few games of twd are being played right now, maybe it would be a good idea to zone when any kind of twd game is going not just the top seeds or when someone needs a borrow. I don't see how this would be a problem as it wouldn't even really be noticeable unless the zone somehow gets extremely active.
    3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

I think it does zone when squads ask for borrows, not sure what exactly triggers that though.
      But that doesn't help me because:
      - it's usually too late by then
      - there's so much green text in this game I don't even see it anymore, need the red text

Comment

After a TWD restart it should announce games on ?chat=twd.

It will also announce to the Discord (the "old" general one... not sure yet if it will be too spammy if also done on the "new" general one/if there's enough interest to bother sending it there). If there's interest, could set it up to trigger alerts for specific TWD game types using roles, like the new general server allows you to do for events/wbduel/javduel/base.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Is it possible to have a slightly smaller spawn area but multiple maps/bases in the same arena with multiple MatchBots running multiple games (base and BD) simultaneously? Obviously for TWBD only, not TWLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
            Is it possible to have a slightly smaller spawn area but multiple maps/bases in the same arena with multiple MatchBots running multiple games (base and BD) simultaneously? Obviously for TWBD only, not TWLB.
            It's possible, but a marvelous pain in the butt. So much of the model of our bots are based around a one-arena model. So if you're in the arena, you're assumed to be part of whatever game/activity the bot is running.

Have theorized some system to fool the bots into not recognizing information from players who are not in its own version of the arena. But even then, various functions that affect the arena as a whole would have to be modified, such as locking/unlocking, blueout, and possibly arena msgs.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

This feature has been really useful. There is a bug in it though, sometimes it doesn't announce when a bd starts. Might be as simple as "MatchBot" not being on twd chat.

Comment

Twd announcement on chat=twd aren't working anymore. Plz fix. It's a great feature I totally rely on to know when games are happening.

Comment

This did work last night, dunno why it didn't work the night before.

Comment

Working...
                  X