Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable blueout? Blueout only for spectators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable blueout? Blueout only for spectators?

Steadman suggested removing blueout from TWD. Or, perhaps better yet, allowing blue chat only for players in-game. Thoughts? Poll up.
    Keep blueout on (still can disable if both teams !blueout)
    38.46%
    Remove blueout entirely
    7.69%
    Blueout for spectatoes only (similar to !buy STFU in pub)
    53.85%
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

I say keep it on. Atm twd is well mannered. It'll be a flame fest if you remove blueout.

Comment

i never seen blue text
      Leland

Comment

Steadman is an idiot though not sure what this makes Qan.

Comment

I mean, can't you already bypass blueout with "?

Comment

i voted for the stfu version.. but on further review i think the top one should have my vote... before and after game may or may not be civil but at least during the games players can just focus on playing a serious game... id say only if the caps both agree

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Of course you can remove blueout, realise you were wrong, then put it back. As long as you eat your own hat.

Comment

rather allow by default, with ass/cap able to !blueout to opt out and shut ppl up

Edit: swore we had both caps try !blueout other day and didn't work; had to get mod to override bot

Comment

Originally posted by SpookedOne View Post
                  rather allow by default, with ass/cap able to !blueout to opt out and shut ppl up

Edit: swore we had both caps try !blueout other day and didn't work; had to get mod to override bot
                  That'd be what the second option would do, yes. I should probably have clarified. You could naturally still enable it again. Same with the 3rd option.

Checked in the code, and all TWD gamemodes should allow you to disable blueout, at least according to how the config files are set up. That's strange that it's not working. No spaces after it, right? How about when you check !help -- is !blueout shown as a command?
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

ive answered a few of the calls and had no issues doing !blueout and activating and deactivating... whether that was because of staff powers or not, i cant confirm.. i had a sneaking suspicion a few of the times multiple people from the same team were enabling and disabling and wiping out each others... plus had to wait for opposing team to do it to....

definitely advise caps and assists that only 1 player even attempts to to it.. and realize they have to wait for the other team to also do it at present mode...
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Our ancient Matchbots were handling this a bit poorly. The !blueout command was giving no feedback, and also starting in the wrong state, assuming blueout was already disabled. ANd then a lot of very mysterious, poorly-named variables.

It's a mess, in other words. The command should hopefully allow you to turn it off properly now. But seeing as how it's parsed in two different places, it's hard to say how it'll work without a bit of testing. After we get it working how it's supposed to have been, we can then look at any possible changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
                        definitely advise caps and assists that only 1 player even attempts to to it.. and realize they have to wait for the other team to also do it at present mode...
                        yeah, this may have been it; can all the ass/caps get !blueout alerts the same way we get them for !ab, !borrow, etc... ?

Comment

tbh removing blueout was horrible misstake. its so annoying to see ppl spamming during games and losing focus bc of it.
                          WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

either cap can turn blueout on, it doesnt take dual consensus. this is how it shud b. in other zones it is the norm w blueout default-off even for league games

The Mind of the Father
                            Riding on the subtle guiders
                            Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                            Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                              tbh removing blueout was horrible misstake. its so annoying to see ppl spamming during games and losing focus bc of it.
                              Just use ?nopubchat tbh.

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                              DSBL had blueout, but that was 12vs12 plus subs. Pming was more the issue there, had to hand out a few warnings myself towards the end when I started to help out with the running.

Comment

Working...
                              X