Add a small/base map for DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a small/base map for DD

Can we try the option of a second map in DD that could be challenged with, that's a lot smaller, or with walls and base-style elements? I hear so many comments like "this ship is boring", and when someone's being chased all over the map, "zzzzz". Maybe some dead-ends or just a hollowed-out plus (+) symbol with a blocker in the middle.

It wouldn't be directly nerfing the res limit that some players seem to enjoy/depend on, and might freshen things up? I seem to remember in TWDTD many years ago when I played my solitary warbird round a map that was somewhat like this.

No reason we can't have alternate maps for various numbered arenas, and then select the map you'd like to play.

Just need someone who's willing to invest time into creating a map. It's really not too tough.
    • First, download DCME: http://trenchwars.org/ssdl/Editors/M...CME_3.4.16.zip
    • Unzip and run the DCME install .bat file (necessary to register controls).
    • Open a map file from your Continuum/zones/SSCU Trench Wars directory. Map name = arena name + .lvl. So for example, open twdd.lvl.
    • Save a copy under a new filename.
    • Edit until you have something you like. If you can use MSPaint, you can use the map editor. Place tiles and erase them. To quickly create walls, define WallTiles for the map and it will automatically connect wall segments.
      • NOTE: Best to keep starting zones the same if possible, but not strictly necessary.
    • I'll put the map up in TW and we can test it, or you can try it in the dev zone. ?message me for more info about accessing the dev zone.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
    X