Twd ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twd ladder

Can we please remove squads that are 0-0 from the ladder?
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

I'm sure I've said this before years ago.
    The bug is that the "squads without a recent game played are not listed" thing should be "squads without a recent game played in this division are not listed".

Comment

It's based on last activity overall. Could (should) be switched over to per-division. Could also be done by getting last game played in a division rather than relying on a separate date. It's all badly in need of a rewrite, though. I can add it as a ticket.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Am going to weigh in on this since I've mentioned it in the past. Not long ago (think you were still an EG'er mvp) squads only showed up if they had been active. Result: 3 squads on the ladder (paladin, wolf, nasty? something like that) It didn't bode well. When the change was made to add all new squads to the ladder starting at 1000 pts, the ladder improved quite a lot and more squads became active. It was a good change.

I think we should approach this with caution. I don't want to look back on this in a year when it's just Paladen and Spark on the ladder thinking we made a mistake.

I DO agree something should be done, it's kind of confusing now and looks unkept. We've had several people (yoji) making new squads daily and it's making a mess. If there was some requirements to getting on the ladder, that would help! Maybe.. temporarily make it so new squads need to play a game to get on the ladder. Once the covid-19 stuff blows over, revert back to the current system?

Some ideal requirements should you be interested in going that route: Squads with 3-4 people on it during the creation period gets squad added to ladder--if 3 or less, it doesn't.
        1 man squads do not get on ladder period!!!

Think for now to save yourself some headache Qan is just to reinstate the old system that if your squad doesn't have a game, it doesn't go on the ladder. When the virus stuff blows over, I think this current system is probably the best.
        Also..I love the idea of having squads listed per division but at the same time, fear it could end up making the ladder empty when activity dies down. Especially in the wb department, not a lot of people play it and fear we could end up with again.. like 3 TWDD squads. Base you'd get 2-3 and Jav a good 6-8 as it's the most popular division.

A nice middle ground in my mind (if possible) would be list all 3 divisions onto a single page, rather than have 3 links to dig through. This would allow people to see what squad is active in what division easily. That way you could separate squads per division without alienating any of them or making the zone seem inactive.

Got to remember, when people check on the health and status of twd, they always refer to the ladders first to see what squads are up. If we made it per division and kept it as warbird as the main page, it would probably look bad but who knows. Just think we need to be careful here for sure.

Sorry for the wall of text Have a great week! Cheers!

-ixa

Comment

Just put a bottom Tier secondary Column with a Grayed out list of teams who are 0-0 without games played, "not part of",,, they can be seen but not part of the active status of twd points yet

Comment

Simple solution, new squads will have 0 games played. Place squads with 0 games played in the division at the bottom.

This shows the community there are other squads out there, they just haven't played in the division yet.
            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
            (10 seconds later)
            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
            X