Roster Limits -- Is it time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Limits -- Is it time?

I am pretty disgusted that we have 40+ man size squads in TWD in 2020. I understand that once upon a time, 20 years ago it was hard to stay in touch with your friends especially if they lived thousands of miles away. With all the technology we have today, that's no longer relevant. Most all of us have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and use Discord or play games on consoles/Steam together. We no longer need to be on the same squad together anymore to stay in touch with friends over long distances.

Staying on the same squad is just not nearly as important as it once was.

Having these big squads (not naming names) are detrimental to this zone and it's activity. We need to encourage more squads, smaller squads that allow for more games to be played and enjoyed. There's really no excuse anymore for not having roster limits. We can borrow 4 in dueling arena's and 7 in basing arena's. Having a large squad to keep activity up is also no longer necessary and is actually counter-productive in 2020 since it removes players from other teams for games to even take place. Plus, with borrowing you can still play with your friends on the regular which back when we proposed roster limits years back you could not.

Simply put; it makes more sense to have roster limits than not to.

I think it's finally time we come together & agree to place a limit on rosters. I propose 20 for basing squads and 12 for dueling squads--if it's easier just a flat 20 is fine. I know change is hard and can be scary but we simply don't have the active numbers to support these mega sized squads anymore. If nothing else, lets try it out for a few months and if activity remains low or unchanged, we'll scrap this idea and go back to the way it was.

Please take a moment to vote and feel free to share your constructive thoughts & feedback on the matter. Also, please share this link with other subspace players and encourage them to vote on this as this change will effect everyone and deserves their input. Thank you!

-LW
    Yes, TWD needs roster limits. (20 player max)
    53.66%
    No, TWD doesn't need roster limits.
    41.46%
    I am not opposed to having or not having roster limits. (vote +1 towards both "Yes" & "No")
    4.88%
    Voted Trench War's "Rookie of the Year" - 2007-2008
    Prodigy of Attack's Since - 2017
    Co-Owner of Trench War's Most Loved Squad - Lethal Dose - 2007-2013
    Iron Survivor Sympathizer (for being poor) - 2010 - 2018
    Massive Swagger - Cracking it harder than Eggs - 2018
    Shooting Wiibimbo up like a Movie Since - 2010
    Raspi's Biggest Fan - 2004 - 2018
    Denied from joining Paladen for his name - 2007

more squads more better sow competition fat pigs
    1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
    1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
    1:Sir Spider> at least on me
    1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Good to know im not poor since 2018.
      Thanks for the info.
      TWLD 2016 Champion
      TWDTD champion x 3
      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Yes!

Comment

I agree 100%. From my own personal experience, it's impossible to start a new squad these days unless you basically are reforming an old squad.

I tried for close to 5 months to get a basing roster for Bonk! and I think at one point we might have had 15 players. That's partially because I'm a shitty person, but the fact that everyone is already squiadjoined to one of four squads makes it damn near impossible. I don't blame the players either, why would you leave your squad that bds every day and always has 8 online (because the roster is 40+ people) to come to a place where we only had enough to bd like once as day. Putting in a roster limit will force players to spread around. Please make this happen.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

With the borrow system in place, this doesn't strike me as a necessity at all.
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
              With the borrow system in place, this doesn't strike me as a necessity at all.
              Last I checked you can't borrow members from the same squad :/

Edit; realized that may be confusing to grasps. zing.
              really what I mean is if only people on playing are all of the same squad (happens a lot) you can't vs that squad and borrow their members to play for your squad. so yes, big squads are counter productive towards activity.

Comment

could vs a 30 person rostir limit not 20. its hard 4 squidrins like ripitish. am not out there retriefink new playirs every day. we maybe recruit 1 new member every 2 weeks on average. When squidrins are alive for a long time it makes it easier to have a big roster. Right now I think we have 37 or 38, and maybe everyone except 1-3 people are active twdirs, and it would make me very sad to have to axe 18 people who contribute to the team and every1 likes playing together. Dice has like 45-50 members

Could understand roster limit, but it cud fuk ofir a squidrin like ripitish who doesn't actively recruit but has a 38 person roster just because we haf been alive since start of last twl.

I think 30 person limit is fair though

Comment

after a second look, i could izily cut ripitish down to 30 players by axink semi inactifs/1-2 scrubmin, but it wouldnt do anything for TWD activity or forming more squidrins because these people dont play/hardly play/wouldn't join anothir squidrin cuz tw isnt their main zone

Comment

viop11 i will help this cause by leafink ripitish @ this instant
                    Geio> Down to chill and play that
                    Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Last I checked you can't borrow members from the same squad :/

Edit; realized that may be confusing to grasps. zing.
                      really what I mean is if only people on playing are all of the same squad (happens a lot) you can't vs that squad and borrow their members to play for your squad. so yes, big squads are counter productive towards activity.
                      This was removed a couple of months ago. There were concerns about the possibility of game-throwing, but as TWD is pretty low-stakes and activity is more important, the rule was nixed. If we start to see game-throwing as a result of it, it'll need to be re-introduced.
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I think some people are missing the point. The point isn't that this isn't necessary because TWD is active. The point is that this is necessary because the same 30 people play every twbd game.
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

i'm game for this if the roster limit isn't a physical restriction to current twd squad rosters (dicE has a ton of inactive vets), and instead a digital one to tag 20-30 roster members as "active" for twd, with a 24hr cooldown (or other restrictions, to limit quick switching your actives).

I'll put a tentative vote in for yes based on my suggestion 8.4.3
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

This was removed a couple of months ago. There were concerns about the possibility of game-throwing, but as TWD is pretty low-stakes and activity is more important, the rule was nixed. If we start to see game-throwing as a result of it, it'll need to be re-introduced.
                            don't really care about roster limits but you still can't borrow players from the enemy team if they are assistant or captain seems like this isn't intended so may be something to look into
                            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

Qan , This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Can you explain to us why TWD is even being maintained and why squads are still part of the game if you are letting people from opposing squads play against each other? Why not just close down TWD all together and just have wbduel going? That would make more sense than this sillyness. What is the point of a squad if squads can no longer even compete vs each other properly? Why have TWD at all? , why have an active ladder? How would you enforce making sure a squad playing their own squad members aren't throwing games? It's impossible..you can't. I'm really baffled how allowing squad members from opposing teams can help make the zone a better place. It defeats the purpose of TWD and squads completely.

I feel like I'm living in some alternate dimension where up is down and left is right. Cmon dude .. you are better than this. It's depressing to see such nonsense being allowed. There is ZERO justification for it. If population and activity is you concern there are much better options. Use a TSL type format and remake TWD completely where squads are removed and we all compete individually if you want to bark up this tree but to try and keep TWD viable and allow cross competitions between peoples own squad mates is really bizarre and makes zero sense.

Cmon . Staff can do better than this. We need competition with some meaning.. not a w/e as long as a game happens mentality. There are like many options that could be developed to allow for a meaningful setup with meaningful competition on a daily basis in this Zone and this is the worst option of them all being implemented. I implore this be halted immediately.,,,,,

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X