Is it time to add res cap to twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qan View Post
    Heads up, SpaceHiker isn't TW staff. He's the SSC Head Ban Op.
    Im sure he takes care of banG issues in tw so yes he is TW staff. He should take over voth's position.

Anyways when are we gonna find out what the votes are qan?
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

That's incorrect. SSC is the network that most remaining zones are part of. SH ensures network-wide bans are fair and sometimes help resolve disputes between zones about ban policy. He does also occasionally ban within TW, but generally that's only if no members of TW staff are available.

We've compiled the votes and now just need to verify there are no duplicates/aliases.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

sounds good me and biet had good conversation with beam but he will never see the greener side of the grass.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post

honestly they should make it zone-wide or not at all - nipple nibbler
          At the very least we should make it consistent, everywhere or nowhere.

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
          (10 seconds later)
          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

The argument's that it's a hindrance most places but that fact outweighs the rather sharp advantage it provides in WB dueling.

It's crap most places except where turning radar shots into visible position is extremely useful. For example, when you have an agile, fast-shooting ship with a one shot kill. That's a pretty solid argument against having it consistent across all arenas.

Both sides have very good points. It's not an easy thing. That's why there's a vote.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

True

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Here I am in between rounds in twdd and I'm playing at the required resolution, which on my 4k monitor with 150% scaling, it looks like I'm playing 1024x768. It's absolutely stupid. This needs to be changed.

You have to understand that going forward, resolution isn't going to mean the same thing that it used to. Monitors will have far more resolution than a person could ever see when viewed at 100%. So if you can't find the absolute resolution that a person is seeing, which this game can't, then you shouldn't be trying to limit it.

No-one is going to play any higher than 1440p anyway. If you see someone playing at 4k in the twd stats, you can be certain that their system is scaling, so the twd stats are just wrong. At true 4k, the ships don't look much bigger than specs, even on a large monitor. This means that the chart that someone posted is highly misleading. No one is actually playing with that much screen area.

Also understand that scaling is a system setting that can't be changed on the fly. If you do, it mutilates everything running on the desktop and re-auto arranges all icons.
                Last edited by SpaceHiker; 12-04-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Yep, SS handles scaling very poorly. I'm in the same boat, SH -- I have to change scaling to 100% to be able to play fullscreen, even when playing at a lower resolution. If you try to play fullscreen with scaling on, at least in my experience it will place the ship in the bottom right corner because it's still applying scaling even in fullscreen. Modern games can adapt to scaling, but SS can't.

I just resign myself to desktop mutilation when I play fullscreen. Or (ugh) play in a window. But rarely do I want to play in a window. The massive black spread of SS is relaxing and sucks you in. Fullscreen feels like a necessity.

But this issue exists regardless of if TWD has res limits; I still need to do it for any other arena, even if I'm using a lower res.

Maybe a better limit is 1440p, though? Especially as more monitors offer this rate as standard?

Comment

I agree with spacehiker that it's extremely uncommon to see people playing above 1440p and I think everybody else is aware of that which means that when people were voting this past week to keep the res cap they were saying they didn't want to allow 1440p specifically
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

If the options were:
                      A. Leave inconsistent limits of 1920x1200 in twld and no limit in twdd
                      B. Set a consistent 1920x1200 limit
                      C. Set a consistent 1440p limit
                      I'd pick C.
                      I'm back on 1440p again so won't be playing wb ever until the limit is raised.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                        Yep, SS handles scaling very poorly. I'm in the same boat, SH -- I have to change scaling to 100% to be able to play fullscreen, even when playing at a lower resolution. If you try to play fullscreen with scaling on, at least in my experience it will place the ship in the bottom right corner because it's still applying scaling even in fullscreen. Modern games can adapt to scaling, but SS can't.

I just resign myself to desktop mutilation when I play fullscreen. Or (ugh) play in a window. But rarely do I want to play in a window. The massive black spread of SS is relaxing and sucks you in. Fullscreen feels like a necessity.

But this issue exists regardless of if TWD has res limits; I still need to do it for any other arena, even if I'm using a lower res.

Maybe a better limit is 1440p, though? Especially as more monitors offer this rate as standard?
                        Thank you for listening to spacehiker me and couple others please cap arena at 1440p aka 2560x1440 as it's my native res and I can full screen without having to windows mode. Small res just makes me wanna run more and not fight tbh I don't enjoy it.

I agree with rab on this C. set consistent 1440p limit

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

This is just the type of thing where youre just gonna have to wait for some people to get with the times. Because apparently being competitive in 2020 is still a thing in subspace.

Had already responded in some other thread in the past with picture evidence as to how shitty it is to play subspace on a 4k native res. Nice 27 inch monitor having to be reduced to a 13 inch windowed screen for the 1920 res limit.. to play subspace in 2020 l0l n0pe - just let the game die slowly since it can't adapt to the new tech

Comment

I couldve swore I made a valid point of, if you can't make the resolution limit 1440x900/1280x1024 your choice between the two, like they gave the last TWLD before the game died. There legit is no reason to have a resolution cap if asking 1900xwhatever.

Because playing wb on 1900xwhatever doesn't make the ship/strategy of old tw wb teaming possible. Adapt or stfu. So leave the res cap off u fkn sock diks.

If you can't dodge or see incoming angles on 1900xwhatever you are trash and just a cry baby. I don't care if someone can see wall too wall 1900xwhatever is plenty time to react if thats what you have or choose to play on.

Comment

change the res limits back to default settings, beam done fucked up the twdd stats and its the lowest its ever been because he stank his breath on the limits

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

https://twd.trenchwars.org/arobas/twd_games_state.php

stats 2 show you what this stank breath beam has single handedly killed twd.
                                Attached Files

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X