Is it time to add res cap to twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to add res cap to twdd?

It's pretty annoying playing twdd's nowadays especially when it's 3v3 against players on cheat res having an unfair advantage. I also believe it's doing a disservice to those guys who abuse cheat res in dd because they practice so much on illegal league resolutions then when dt/twl come around they are crippled and completely unplayable due to the res restriction. I believe adding res cap in dd would force guys like Hackysack and 2pacz to stop abusing cheat res and evolve their game so they can participate in leagues again.

The res cap would be implemented like in dt where it would only check if you're added to a match, so you can still spectate on whatever res you like without being kicked off the game.
    add twl/twdt res cap to twdd
    69.44%
    leave twdd as it is
    30.56%
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Although I don't think it's cheating to use standard issue equipment bought in 2020 I do agree that settings should be consistent in all arenas. Same goes for lag limits.

Comment

Beam, do a vote for lag limits next. Let's make TW great again!

Comment

hackysack isnt even good at this game, dont know why beam chiming in. Beam sits all day in spec and specs me and sees me owning nubs, its hard for him to own me thats why his making it harder its about to be 2021 and this kid crying still about res limits.

If you gonna remove res limits then take it down to 1280x1024 like they used to play in twl
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

twd isn't twl or twdt even, so i say it shouldn't matter! Just a game! let ppl have fun/be free! no res limits for all!
          TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
          (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
          PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
          AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

spezza 4 president

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

f there is no res limits in elim there should be no res limits in twl, twdt nor twdd.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

had no idea this thread existed and didn't care, until some 0 title newbie named 2pacz found me on discord and starting harassing me about not supporting beam or some crap.

there's no res cap in pub where you belong, stay there.

and don't ever message me again on another medium you stalking, psychotic loser.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

i taught clownhouse how to play this game back when he was a paladen nubbie and he still is he backed down from duel he a pussy boi

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I vote 1600x900x32 res max if we reimplement a res cap. 1900 plus it all starts to become the same. The game honestly was built to use 1280x1024x32 . This is a hard topic to confront here now we have wide screens as the standard monitor when this game was meant for the square boob tube monitors of the 80's and early 90's that all had really low res. I was never a fan of lifting the res cap in the first place. I seem to remember sertifi pushing a Public VoteBot thru on PUB that surveyed a bunch of casual players who never even elimed let alone played any leagues.. that was a bad idea and chessy way to bypass the strong res cap vote imo that had remained for a decade, but it happened....... Now people have played for years with it lifted and suddenly going back I can understand why guys like pac and maybe hackysack ect.. are against it. It was allowed years and now if it no longer is it will affect peoples playstyles who got used to it. I voted here to allow a res cap but I also don't care too much. I am more concerned about the strange eats and ghost ships I see every game for the last many months than this. Compromise and make a res cap LOWER than we all have been playing since the res ban was lifted. 1600 max !! ^_^ Then everyone has to relearn playstyle which is more fair AND harps back to the REAL SUBSPACE where we ALL had the same constraints with our res! Plus the game is 100% faster and more exciting.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      I vote 1600x900x32 res max if we reimplement a res cap. 1900 plus it all starts to become the same. The game honestly was built to use 1280x1024x32 . This is a hard topic to confront here now we have wide screens as the standard monitor when this game was meant for the square boob tube monitors of the 80's and early 90's that all had really low res. I was never a fan of lifting the res cap in the first place. I seem to remember sertifi pushing a Public VoteBot thru on PUB that surveyed a bunch of casual players who never even elimed let alone played any leagues.. that was a bad idea and chessy way to bypass the strong res cap vote imo that had remained for a decade, but it happened....... Now people have played for years with it lifted and suddenly going back I can understand why guys like pac and maybe hackysack ect.. are against it. It was allowed years and now if it no longer is it will affect peoples playstyles who got used to it. I voted here to allow a res cap but I also don't care too much. I am more concerned about the strange eats and ghost ships I see every game for the last many months than this. Compromise and make a res cap LOWER than we all have been playing since the res ban was lifted. 1600 max !! ^_^ Then everyone has to relearn playstyle which is more fair AND harps back to the REAL SUBSPACE where we ALL had the same constraints with our res! Plus the game is 100% faster and more exciting.

Statistically speaking, the majority of all PC gamers in 2020 use 1920x1080 (1080p).

Some monitors like mine won't even go below that res to play this game because 0 people in the world would want to do that to begin with so monitor companies nowadays don't even bother giving you the option.

We already do and will continue to use 1920x1080 as the standard for leagues. It's not going away.

Most of the subspace active population is already on this res. Fact.

The positives to doing this is;

1.nobody is cheating res to unfairly gain advantage

2. it helps guys who cheat it to learn how to play come league time.

3. it makes for a more level playing field

4. there's other arenas that are NOT aren't res capped wbduel/javduel/pub/ect for players who want to exploit res. they just wont be able to gank TWD games anymore.

Hacky and 2pacz are probably both never going to see playtime this DT because they both cheat res and both don't switch until the day of DT.

Historically they get played and suck ass because they didn't practice on the standard league res. This will help people who have 0 self control and just want to win so badly they cheat.

Glad you at least voted for the res cap but disagree we should make it lower lol.. 1080p to 720p (close to what you proposed) has a very small difference compared to 1080p to 4k. Cheers!
                      Last edited by Grasps; 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

When reso limits existed it really showcased a good squads teaming/use of radar skills. Squads like quicksand, heavy, potenza, rape, fierce. Who took teaming to a next level and truly showcased teaming skill. Trapping players off radar angles, sneaking on/off screen rushing with out the enemy seeing them coming unless they were looking at radar..... being a good radar shooter... A ton of little dynamics takin away. Just gone... And it won't exist on a 1900 reso either.

When you removed res cap that all ended it doesn't exist anymore, and honestly made the ship boring and predictable. Its a whole different thing now..

All that wb is now, players with 50,000 hours playing time IQ holding shots. Insanely more boring then ever.....Anyone with half an IQ can hop in wb play super safe and do decent now..

1440x900 or 1280x1024
                        max or just LEAVE res cap OFF! Making it 1900xwhatever won't change anything......
                        Last edited by olde; 11-18-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

When I am trying to explain things to my niece and nephew who are both young I've found pictures are best sometimes. Decided I'd go ahead and do that here since I think people don't understand the disparity between the standard league resolution (1920x1080 aka 1080p) vs.4k resolution that some use (3840x2160 aka 4k). 4K is just shy of being 4 times larger than 1080p which is how it got its name. Look at this then please give me a valid argument for not having a res limit in ranked/competitive games as hopefully this visual helps clarify what we are trying to do in this thread.

PS: Most of us play with dark green. Hacky, 2pacz and a couple others use red.
                          Last edited by Grasps; 11-18-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Well the argument against it is that if people buy a new monitor in 2020 it's quite likely to be 2560x1440.
                            The game often fucks up if you try to play full screen at a non-native res, so you're basically forcing people to play in a window.
                            Practicing full screen then competing windowed just means you'll be shit when you compete, so you have to play windowed all the time.
                            Buying a nice new monitor then having to play in a tiny window because some nerd is butthurt about their 20 yr old poverty monitor is a really shit feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                              Well the argument against it is that if people buy a new monitor in 2020 it's quite likely to be 2560x1440.
                              The game often fucks up if you try to play full screen at a non-native res, so you're basically forcing people to play in a window.
                              Practicing full screen then competing windowed just means you'll be shit when you compete, so you have to play windowed all the time.
                              Buying a nice new monitor then having to play in a tiny window because some nerd is butthurt about their 20 yr old poverty monitor is a really shit feeling.
                              you can play both 1440x900/1280x1024 resolutions when windowed.

Playing wb on 1900xwhatever is like taking the jav arena and moving every single wall in twjd twice as far apart and keeping the same bomb blast radius.. Then trying to explode a bomb off the wall to kill, Anyone with half IQ wont go close enough to the wall..... stupid as fk.... half the strategy and game play is gone... Think of it like that.
                              Last edited by olde; 11-21-2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X