Is it time to add res cap to twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Best View Post
    Yes, please ban it... it's very true, players want to abuse using cheat res just for TWD games, when TWL/TWDT comes around they have no idea how to adapt and fold when it's time to perform like Hackysack, 2pacZ.. it's been a proven fact, for example look at 2pacZ who was on my TWDT team who got raped in TWDT going 2-10 the first 3 weeks, literally unplayable.. Another example is Hackysack who choked in TWLD because he was forced to switch res... We're doing these players a favor by actually banning this so they can get better...If they don't want to get better it's completely their fault and players like us shouldn't have to suffer by playing with ppl who act like they're good by cheating their resolution... brutal
    hey ass breath, you starting to smell like beam with that scrub talk, you trying to force players to play in a certain res so they can play the leagues, fuck the leagues I honestly dont give afuck about them nor do I come on during the day time to appease the euro crew. Some players don't wanna play league or trash ass twdt that this stank breath beam runs is str8 doo doo assbreath. It's basically coming down to the captain that wanna make a league run with their team and forcing them to be play some small ass doo doo res that is so 2000.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
      You all know we are talking about TWD here right? Kind of the pub variant of league games. I get that some people want it to be "great" again, but why can't it also be accessible to all? Every meaningful league has res limits in play for warbird, so it should be up to the player to pick a resolution that fits them. If they want to practice for league they are better off using a resolution that's legal in said league. If they just log on to play a few games in TWD to have fun and relax, they shouldn't be limited in their choice IMO. I haven't seen overwhelming evidence of players using "cheat" res' to be so much better than players who don't. OK, you might have to play against them a different way, but so do they. There are also some technical differences between using a low or high res that affect off screen bullets on your client that favor lower resolutions. One thing is for sure though, setting up a lower than native res on your monitor while playing full screen can be a big pain. So the bottom line is that it WOULD be nice to have consistent resolution limits across all leagues and modes, it isn't very realistic to force all players that do use a higher resolution to go through the trouble of setting it up. TWD is open to all, which should mean open to all settings as well (within reason).
      I actually agree with Grasps here. I'm all for making twd more active and accessible, but there's also a point where this attitude of twd being a casual joke arena to log on and fk around is extremely detrimental to the zone's health. It may not be taken as seriously as TWL, but it's still the most competitive environment we have 6 days a week and should be shown more respect. If these guys want to log on relax and fk around they can play wbduel or elim and there's even still an uncapped dd arena (twdd3) assuming someone is willing to accept a match there and allow them to use their cheat res. I know you do a lot for the game biet and I love you but you gotta stop spreading this notion that twdd is wbduel 2.0 because once it waters down into that, competition in the zone will truly be dead forever.
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Beam is mentally retarded kids don't listen to his jibber jabber.

Twdd is casual league not competitive league get that through ur inbred head.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I'm 98% sure everyone has options for lower resolution than 1920 x 1080. I personally on my 1920 x 1080 res monitor get resolution choices down to 512 x 384 x 32 lol.

Way back in 1999 I saw the real disadvantage of higher res settings when I used 800 x 600 and had to fight vs players with 1280 x 1024 res. My performances sky rocketed when I moved up to 1280 res monitor and realized why no matter how hard I had been trying players were getting the better of me. IT was all their field of view and the reaction time larger res gives to a player. I then saw another huge disparity in advantage come when players on 1280 had to vs 1920 res folks. This disparity between 1280 and 1920 res was even MORE extreme an advantage. Now I've used 1920 res and have a new monitor I don't vsing 2500 resers as that extreme an advantage for them as the earlier monitor res increases took place. At the most now there is a slight advantage.

The screen view higher than 1920 only gives a slight advantage and it mostly involves sniping now. The Rush advantage is going further and further down the higher the res keeps going up because the recharge rate doesn't allow a person you can't see who in turn can see you to bum rush a radar shooter on lower res. There DEF is a huge advantage when you can see a person shoot a radar shot who can not see you and be able to rush them and arrive before their recharge has time to parry the rusher with a bigger res.

The main difference now on 1920 the bullets move slow enough to be able to dodge usually. I'm not convinced like I was with 800 vs 1280 or 1280 vs 1920 that these super high res players have an advantage worth calling out. This is why I support forcing a max of 1600 res or less if we do this res cap. It would force a change on EVERY1 and would also make the gameplay setting closer to how the game was programmed originally. People who started in mid 2000's seriously have no clue as to how the game used to be and the pureness lower res had in WB , Jav and Base competition. I agree with olde (the jerk :P). There was a reason wb was most popular league originally because lower res was EXCITING with fast bullets and minute ship control was needed on smaller res in tight quarters. The 1920 res is honestly too large for WB and has made made the ship more boring sadly and has not been a good thing.

Arguements can be made the same too for base and jav.. Seeing the entire base is bad lol. Old settings the ears were cut off in your view. JAv you couldn't see the sides too and you wouldn't have some huge res sniper lobbing shots onto spawners down below. The gameplay HAS diminished as monitors res have increased. This is true.. 1600 max could make game better imo.

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post

I actually agree with Grasps here. I'm all for making twd more active and accessible, but there's also a point where this attitude of twd being a casual joke arena to log on and fk around is extremely detrimental to the zone's health. It may not be taken as seriously as TWL, but it's still the most competitive environment we have 6 days a week and should be shown more respect. If these guys want to log on relax and fk around they can play wbduel or elim and there's even still an uncapped dd arena (twdd3) assuming someone is willing to accept a match there and allow them to use their cheat res. I know you do a lot for the game biet and I love you but you gotta stop spreading this notion that twdd is wbduel 2.0 because once it waters down into that, competition in the zone will truly be dead forever.
            yo ass breath the game is truly dead when they stopped doing client updates what delusional world this dumbass LoL kid on? Guy pisses in a 7up big gulp cup while playing LoL or WoW a fucking embarrassment, smelling up like str8 dog piss.
            Last edited by 2pac; 11-18-2020, 08:47 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Can we hear a clear argument why 2400 res is such an advantage over 1920? This vote didn't really give us clear guidelines as to why or what res was being proposed so I feel a little underrepresented with my vote for this res cap. I want it lower than 1920. I don't see 2400 as that big an advantage. Would love to hear the argument behind it. I explained earlier how the earlier res increases favored larger res caps but the field of vision is now outside of the rush recharge rate a player can get as an advantage.
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                Can we hear a clear argument why 2400 res is such an advantage over 1920? This vote didn't really give us clear guidelines as to why or what res was being proposed so I feel a little underrepresented with my vote for this res cap. I want it lower than 1920. I don't see 2400 as that big an advantage. Would love to hear the argument behind it. I explained earlier how the earlier res increases favored larger res caps but the field of vision is now outside of the rush recharge rate a player can get as an advantage.
                This poll, as indicated by the voting options, was meant to streamline twdd with twld/twdt. If you want the res cap altered lower than what is currently used in twl/twdt you can certainly argue that point, but that was not the purpose of this thread.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Beam is an idiot he doesn't even put options for what res limit should be allowed. LOW IQ says either you have it or you dont trump style mentally retarded thinking.

1440p - 2560x1440
                  1080p - 1920x1080
                  OG TWL res limit - 1280x1024

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                    Beam is an idiot he doesn't even put options for what res limit should be allowed. LOW IQ says either you have it or you dont trump style mentally retarded thinking.

1440p - 2560x1440
                    1080p - 1920x1080
                    OG TWL res limit - 1280x1024
                    Yes because the argument is either cap it to what twl/twdt is or don't cap it at all. If you want the res cap lower than 1920x1200, then you need to argue that it be lowered in twl/twdt as well and it becomes a league issue more than a twd issue. Either way, the res cap in twdd should match whatever is decided for twl/twdt imo.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

It's pretty annoying playing twdd's nowadays especially when it's 3v3 against players on cheat res having an unfair advantage. I also believe it's doing a disservice to those guys who abuse cheat res in dd because they practice so much on illegal league resolutions then when dt/twl come around they are crippled and completely unplayable due to the res restriction. I believe adding res cap in dd would force guys like Hackysack and 2pacz to stop abusing cheat res and evolve their game so they can participate in leagues again.

The res cap would be implemented like in dt where it would only check if you're added to a match, so you can still spectate on whatever res you like without being kicked off the game.
                      You certainly did not word it that way. You called it a cheat res and called out specific players and asked people to vote on an unspecified res cap. This poll needs a redo with more specifics added to it from the start.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

jessup 4 pres

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

You certainly did not word it that way. You called it a cheat res and called out specific players and asked people to vote on an unspecified res cap. This poll needs a redo with more specifics added to it from the start.
                          I know your reading comprehension is extremely poor but the button you clicked to vote specifically says "add twl/twdt res cap to twdd". There is nothing deceptive or confusing about that and if you failed to read, that's on you and you are free to create another poll for anything you want.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I know your reading comprehension is extremely poor but the button you clicked to vote specifically says "add twl/twdt res cap to twdd". There is nothing deceptive or confusing about that and if you failed to read, that's on you and you are free to create another poll for anything you want.
                            unspecified parameter listed .. I know you wanted to troll people as usual but in doing so you failed to list the actual resolution numbers which any good organizer should do.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

unspecified parameter listed .. I know you wanted to troll people as usual but in doing so you failed to list the actual resolution numbers which any good organizer should do.
                              ok man you are an idiot but you can't be this dumb.... when the option is "twl/twdt res" and twl and twdt both are 1920x1200 it's not implied it's just plainly stated that's what the vote is for. At this point you aren't even arguing over a technicality, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. As I said, if you want to fight the league res battle you are free to do that, just gain some support and make your own thread about it.

On a side note, this is a good example of why nobody wants to play with you and you keep going last in every twdt draft. Every time you post you come across as extremely stupid and dramatic.

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

ok man you are an idiot but you can't be this dumb.... when the option is "twl/twdt res" and twl and twdt both are 1920x1200 it's not implied it's just plainly stated that's what the vote is for. At this point you aren't even arguing over a technicality, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. As I said, if you want to fight the league res battle you are free to do that, just gain some support and make your own thread about it.

On a side note, this is a good example of why nobody wants to play with you and you keep going last in every twdt draft. Every time you post you come across as extremely stupid and dramatic.
                                Of course this guy beam has to troll me who is taking time to discuss his own troll poll.. U are the guy who calls out players to troll them while trying to implement a rule change. You are a troll worse than anyone in the zone beam (you are on lvl with guys in pub who troll 24/7 so have no high ground to stand on when it comes to calling players out concerning who is liked or not liked in this zone.

You did not explain why you want this change nor how 2400 res is an advantage that warrants a change in twdd of all things lol. Who cares about twdd at this stage with all these borrows implemented. It reflects little besides hashing out who are decent players by stats. Please explain why you feel there is such an advantage clearly and concisely that warrants a change without calling ANYONE out. I would like to remove my vote from YOUR res cap for the reasons I stated above.
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X