In-game vote: res cap of 1920x1200 for TWDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
    Game was released in 1997. You had to go to the store buy a monitor that went to 1280x1024 if you wanted to see more stuff. Then widescreen started happening later. Game/zone was designed with visibility this in mind. I play on a 27" 144hz 1080p gaming monitor and even I want the resolution lowered back down to 1280x1024 tbh. Problem is the game doesn't upscale, it just gives you more viewable distance.
    the game is in 2020 now and people have upgraded their computers and some folks like me play FPS 27" on 1440p. You got backwards thinkings and plus kassius you suck at this game been smacking you for ages. Game Zone was designed for everyone to play whatever the player wanted in settings or options was allowed for better playability. if you want small res play on small res no one stopping you, let people play on whatever settings they want.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post

the game is in 2020 now and people have upgraded their computers and some folks like me play FPS 27" on 1440p. You got backwards thinkings and plus kassius you suck at this game been smacking you for ages. Game Zone was designed for everyone to play whatever the player wanted in settings or options was allowed for better playability. if you want small res play on small res no one stopping you, let people play on whatever settings they want.
      Sorry 2pac, I tried but can't find a valid point in your post to comment on in reply.

Comment

Sorry 2pac, I tried but can't find a valid point in your post to comment on in reply.
        you see any res limits in other zones? No you dont not even hz has it, I'm a cross zoner multiplayer your just a 1 trick pony in one zone with one directional mind just like your boy beam.

Also looks like the voting system is flawed as beam already knows the vote before they've been posted, i vote to ban beam from any decision making or changes he clearly abuses the powers he has and qan is responsible for this.

beam> that vote in twd currently 23-4
        beam> in favor of removing ur ch33ts

scrub saying im cheating when ive been playin on same res for half a decade fuckin nub

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

you see any res limits in other zones? No you dont not even hz has it, I'm a cross zoner multiplayer your just a 1 trick pony in one zone with one directional mind just like your boy beam.

Also looks like the voting system is flawed as beam already knows the vote before they've been posted, i vote to ban beam from any decision making or changes he clearly abuses the powers he has and qan is responsible for this.

beam> that vote in twd currently 23-4
          beam> in favor of removing ur ch33ts

scrub saying im cheating when ive been playin on same res for half a decade fuckin nub
          I don't know, I only played DSB before TW and the max resolution available to consumers at the time it was competitive was 1920x1080.

Comment

The reason it's an issue in WB is you can shoot someone1000s of pixels away on any part of the map, whereas in other modes you can't do this unless in very specific situations, i.e. tubes/passages, where you're prepared for this danger. If WB was broken up more into rooms or had a lot more business to the map, high resolution would be far less of a contentious issue imo. Client needs an overhaul to allow lower resolutions to scale out their view distance if they want to to an agreed maximum view distance which would solve this, but that's not going to happen, so until then it's not a level playing field.

The other solution is simply to limit the bullet life, so the bullets just don't travel so far. I think that's a reasonable, easily-implementable suggestion at least.

Comment

The vote count is inaccessible via commands in-game. If beam told you that, he's just trolling you -- which is in and of itself not great ...
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I don't know, I only played DSB before TW and the max resolution available to consumers at the time it was competitive was 1920x1080.
                DSB doesnt have res limits last I played it, they honestly dont need as its a dead zone now and had they removed it previously im sure it'd be still alive today.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

DSB doesnt have res limits last I played it, they honestly dont need as its a dead zone now and had they removed it previously im sure it'd be still alive today.
                  I very much doubt that. The zone was in heavy decline before monitors capable of greater than 1080p became mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                    The vote count is inaccessible via commands in-game. If beam told you that, he's just trolling you -- which is in and of itself not great ...
                    this kid is staff and runs TWDT and is the biggest troll in tw and specs all day and shit talks more than me, yet he still staff and qan you allow his behavior. He was the only kid crying about res limits in twdd when there haven't been any for like half a decade and he tagged his friend ixador along with him and begging people to vote 1 for res limit because he sucks in twdd arena, and now wants people to play his shitty TWDT league that this clownhouse kid started.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I very much doubt that. The zone was in heavy decline before monitors capable of greater than 1080p became mainstream.
                      im a cross zoner they dont got any res limits last i played so it was long time ago if they did have limits.
                      Last edited by 2pac; 11-30-2020, 12:55 PM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

The vote has concluded.

The results are:

- 20 in favor of 1920x1200 resolution limits in TWDD.
                        - 11 opposed.

The fact that this is so contentious points to the fact that both sides clearly have a strong argument.

But, at current it seems that more people feel the many benefits of a limit outweigh the many negatives. I hope everyone can agree to accept this community decision, whether or not they agree it's the right way to go. When we're reduced to lobbing insults it goes nowhere but backwards. Given the same set of facts, some people just came to different conclusions than we may have.

If standard resolutions used change and larger resolutions are more common, I think we should look at this again, as we've done over the years.
                        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

What about TWDTD?

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            The vote has concluded.

The results are:

- 20 in favor of 1920x1200 resolution limits in TWDD.
                            - 11 opposed.

The fact that this is so contentious points to the fact that both sides clearly have a strong argument.

But, at current it seems that more people feel the many benefits of a limit outweigh the many negatives. I hope everyone can agree to accept this community decision, whether or not they agree it's the right way to go. When we're reduced to lobbing insults it goes nowhere but backwards. Given the same set of facts, some people just came to different conclusions than we may have.

If standard resolutions used change and larger resolutions are more common, I think we should look at this again, as we've done over the years.
                            congrats now you got newbs running a game in window mode, great job sysop way to go backward.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Rab: This vote only covered TWDD.

2pacz: 2/10

Comment

This probably should be all Warbird arenas no? We should be consistent.

I don't understand why people are forced to play in windowed mode. Default res for my new monitor is 2560x1440, and I don't have to play windowed.
                                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                                (10 seconds later)
                                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X