New Scores for DD/JD MVP are live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scores for DD/JD MVP are live!

The old way of scoring jav and wb that had MVP decided by kills with a tiebreaker on deaths is now long gone. The new formula Biet created is an improvement on his old formula, which now takes into accounts the usual k/d but now also includes knockouts, staying alive, and teamkills (where applicable).

For those interested, the new formula is:
    (Kills*2) + Knockouts + Staying Alive - Deaths -Teamkills

What does this mean for the the future of TWD?
    Getting MVP will mean putting an emphasis on winning rather than playing for kills at the detriment of your own team. Maybe it isn't worth it to shoot that 2fer killing your teammate. While killing your opponents is still an important aspect of being the game's MVP, making team plays, avoiding detrimental shots, and winning will now be major aspects of being considered MVP of the game.

Keep in mind that some of the values listed above may be tweaked as time goes on.
    Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
    Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
    mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
    Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

adorable font man, surprised there aren't some flower petals and your signature at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Steadman View Post
      The old way of scoring jav and wb that had MVP decided by kills with a tiebreaker on deaths is now long gone. The new formula Biet created is an improvement on his old formula, which now takes into accounts the usual k/d but now also includes knockouts, staying alive, and teamkills (where applicable).

For those interested, the new formula is:
      (Kills*2) + Knockouts + Staying Alive - Deaths -Teamkills

What does this mean for the the future of TWD?
      Getting MVP will mean putting an emphasis on winning rather than playing for kills at the detriment of your own team. Maybe it isn't worth it to shoot that 2fer killing your teammate. While killing your opponents is still an important aspect of being the game's MVP, making team plays, avoiding detrimental shots, and winning will now be major aspects of being considered MVP of the game.

Keep in mind that some of the values listed above may be tweaked as time goes on.
      This is a good start. If only players themselves weren't too retarded to understand this naturally.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

thank you but why is this written in comic sans
        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post
          thank you but why is this written in comic sans
          cuz the guy writing it is a joke lol
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Amazing how 4 posts here, none have anything to really do with the topic itself, even though I did chuckle at zidane's post. So many people are quick to trash the rating system, how about actual thoughts on it when it does get work put into it?
            rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
            rEnZi> its crazy
            rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Its an improvement, but a better one would be getting rid of mvp altogether.

Add separate (global) matchmaking ratings to all wb/jav/base arenas and minimize aliasing. You'll incentivize winning instead of playing for stats and finally get a relatively accurate, objective measurement of impactfulness. Watch the level go up across the board in each league as people get obsessed with their MMR (which is good) and start optimizing their game to win. It would look totally different lol... Jessup might stop sitting back and letting his teammates get showered in bullets every match... Or (much more likely) not change a thing and cry about his abysmal MMR nonstop.

Not sure why this wasnt done 10+ years ago tbh.

Edit: Also, just to randomly vent at wbs like jessup.

YOU NEED TO MAKE PEOPLE SHOOT AT YOU (learn to dodge) it makes the game easier for your teammates. If no one is ever shooting at you, you are ruining the game.

Ty
              Last edited by saiyan; 02-22-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

saiyan Creating an MMR system with the limited amount of stats that we're able to pull would have problems in and of itself. For one thing it might favor players on stacked squads too heavily. It would be a different situation if we had a larger playerbase (1000+ active players) and could track things like damage dealt and assists, but unfortunately those are not options.

I believe Ogron tried an MMR system in TSL, which was a randomized team league from a few years back, and it had issues for the reasons listed above and hasn't been hosted since.
                Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Steadman Youre right to some extent, its best for wbduel/javduel/?go base, but I believe it could work anywhere.. That TSL implementation was probably different than what I'm suggesting. You wouldnt need to track any stats like assists/dmg. You simply need to win. The bot would average the ratings of each team and develop a chance to win for both. Afterwards you would get a rating change inversely proportional to your chance to win. It would actually disincentivize stacking and incentivize carrying low rated teams in casual matches. Winning on a superstacked team would net u 0 rating while losing would cause a large decrease. On the other hand carring a low rated team would be very lucrative because you'd gain huge amounts for winning and lose close to nothing if you lost.

Start everyone at a baseline, and over a long enough period without alias abuse people will adjust to their true rating. When your rating gets really high, you would have no choice but to carry low rated players if you want to keep progressing.
                  Last edited by saiyan; 02-22-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saiyan View Post
                    Steadman Youre right to some extent, its best for wbduel/javduel/?go base, but I believe it could work anywhere.. That TSL implementation was probably different than what I'm suggesting. You wouldnt need to track any stats like assists/dmg. You simply need to win. The bot would average the ratings of each team and develop a chance to win for both. Afterwards you would get a rating change inversely proportional to your chance to win. It would actually disincentivize stacking and incentivize carrying low rated teams in casual matches. Winning on a superstacked team would net u 0 rating while losing would cause a large decrease. On the other hand carring a low rated team would be very lucrative because you'd gain huge amounts for winning and lose close to nothing if you lost.

Start everyone at a baseline, and over a long enough period without alias abuse people will adjust to their true rating. When your rating gets really high, you would have no choice but to carry low rated players if you want to keep progressing.
                    This is a good idea honestly, but I don't think it would work out due to the players themselves. This game has almost never seen people NOT stack squads, and as much as I hate to say it, there's a good reason to do so. It's almost impossible to win with certain players if they don't even know the basics of teaming against a squad of higher-skilled players that do, and if only one squad stacks, then they're almost certainly the favorites to win something like TWL. This might work for TWDT though, where people are forced to spread the talent around.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by saiyan View Post

Good idea. The balance for this would be hard to figure out though.
                      lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Working...
                      X