Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about TWD rating system in Basing

Hi,

Curious to the weighing system for both Terrier and Spider, primarily Spider.

Example:

In this game MousE retains MVP over Banks and my questions are as to how?

PS. MousE I love you, i just wanna know how this works.

Banks has a stronger K / D ratio, higher Kills, twice as many TeKs, and 3 more DOAs ( which I would assume DOAs would be granted as a positive penalty handicap system towards achieving the final rating deduction, but perhaps it's not calculated that way. )

MousE has about 50% more Greens than Banks and less than 1% higher K/BUL; yet beats out Banks by a rating score of 5.

Now we don't see DOAK here, which I think needs to weigh HEAVILY towards a Spider's final rating score, but seems not to.

Are Greens so heavily weighed towards a Spiders rating that it takes precedence over Kills and TeKs?

And my second question regards a bit towards how TeKs are given such high regard when a Terrier achieves them, but v little metric value towards a Spider achievement of a TeK. Yeah, as a Terrier you have to calculate opponent Shark timing and having a good sense of bounces to achieve a TeK, as well as your positioning - but in most cases a Spider gaining aTeK requires a higher retainment of skill ( in some/most cases ).

Also, I know we aren't powered by ASSS, but can our bots document Damage vs and Damage received?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	mousae.JPG Views:	0 Size:	279.8 KB ID:	1352683
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

The ratings are calculated as follows:
    TWDD
    Code:
    rating = ((kills - teamkills) * 3.7) + ((10 / deaths) * 7) + (estar / divstar * 31) + ((aliveSecs / totalSecs) * 25) + (KOs * 8) + (margin / 2)
    TWJD
    Code:
    rating = ((kills - teamkills) * 3.89) + ((10 / deaths) * 7) + (estar / divstar * 31) + ((aliveSecs / totalSecs) * 25) + (KOs * 8) + (margin / 2)
    TWBD
    [Terrier]
    Code:
    rating = (KP30M * ave / 100) + (minHeld * 4.322) + (TeKs * 15) - (DP30M * 3)
    [Shark]
    Code:
    rating = (KP30M * ave / 100) + (margin) + (TeKs * 15) + (RPD * 25) - (TeTKs * 10)
    [Fighter]
    Code:
    rating = (KP30M * (nonSharkKills / kills) * ave / 100) + (minHeld * 3.536) + ((sharkKills * 1800 / totalSecs) / 3) - (TeTKs * 10)
    Code:
    margin = margin of victory in kills or minutes
    estar = stars enemy team
    divstar = stars player
    ave = average rating of players killed
    minHeld = flag held in minutes
    TeTKs = Terrier team kills

All ratings are rounded to the nearest integer

Comment

Looking at the match data it indeed seems logical to award it to banks. However, almost none of the stats you mentioned are taken into consideration. The percentage of non-shark kills seems to play a big part in the equation, and in that department banks is 43/114 and mouse is 55/109. I don't quite know how it calculates the average rating of players for ave, but I can't imagine there being big differences between two players.

Now we don't see DOAK here, which I think needs to weigh HEAVILY towards a Spider's final rating score, but seems not to.
      DoAs and DoAKs were only recently fixed, so there hasn't been any option to include those in the past.

Also, I know we aren't powered by ASSS, but can our bots document Damage vs and Damage received?
      This one comes up a lot, and I do want to give it a try to test it at some point to see reliability and impact on game/bot performance. So maybe we can have damage dealt to terrier at some point, or even damage dealt to all.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
        Looking at the match data it indeed seems logical to award it to banks. However, almost none of the stats you mentioned are taken into consideration. The percentage of non-shark kills seems to play a big part in the equation, and in that department banks is 43/114 and mouse is 55/109. I don't quite know how it calculates the average rating of players for ave, but I can't imagine there being big differences between two players.

DoAs and DoAKs were only recently fixed, so there hasn't been any option to include those in the past.

This one comes up a lot, and I do want to give it a try to test it at some point to see reliability and impact on game/bot performance. So maybe we can have damage dealt to terrier at some point, or even damage dealt to all.
        Thanks for the informative reply BIET. Definitely think there are many things to consider and at the end of the day it is probably impossible to accurately attain stats that reflect someone's ability in Spider.

In the past I would have thought kills against other Spiders more important, but playing games where Spiders don't shoot Sharks, leaves your team at a heavy disadvantage. Even more so now, where the game has evolved and Sharks are incredibly aggressive with mining and bombing in contrast to 2004 per se.

I would think Kills are important to weighing a Spider rating though, not necessarily K/D, but then again on the flipside, a non-camping Spider with a great K/D has displayed great energy management and is most likely around to protect the Terrier when needed; but again - can't measure that.

Ty tho.
        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

BIET Wait who decided sharks were worth less than spiders? In todays game with lot's of aggressive sharks who aim shrap at your terr why are these ships worth less to kill? You should always kill the shark in the flagroom. Not just bombs too, mines clutter up your side of the flagroom, really limiting where your terr can sit safely, which can mean sitting way far from flag or sitting in spider streams. Terrs sitting too far back means your sharks have to boost to catch up to the action after detaching and wasting precious repels on dumb mines that shouldn't be there if you killed the enemy shark.

Not only because of the aggressiveness but also the sooner you kill the enemy shark, the more space your shark can create. The more space your shark can create the more control your team has in the flagroom. The more control, the more flag time. The more flag time=win. I don't why I need to keep explaining this to people. This isn't 2002, go kill all the sharks in the flagroom.
          Last edited by RageRitual; 02-21-2021, 01:59 PM.
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
            BIET Wait who decided sharks were worth less than spiders? In todays game with lot's of aggressive sharks who aim shrap at your terr why are these ships worth less to kill? You should always kill the shark in the flagroom. Not just bombs too, mines clutter up your side of the flagroom, really limiting where your terr can sit safely, which can mean sitting way far from flag or sitting in spider streams. Terrs sitting too far back means your sharks have to boost to catch up to the action after detaching and wasting precious repels on dumb mines that shouldn't be there if you killed the enemy shark.

Not only because of the aggressiveness but also the sooner you kill the enemy shark, the more space your shark can create. The more space your shark can create the more control your team has in the flagroom. The more control, the more flag time. The more flag time=win. I don't why I need to keep explaining this to people. This isn't 2002, go kill all the sharks in the flagroom.
            I agree.

Juice

Comment

Working...
            X