Change TWDD/TWJD timer to 3 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change TWDD/TWJD timer to 3 mins

This is ridiculous.. Imagine how much time we wasted in 20 years waiting between rounds on teams to !ready when they have 5 players in..

Let’s take this into consideration and reduce the timer from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.. A lot of us don’t enjoy waiting that long.. This isn’t TWBD, 3 minutes seems reasonable to get the guys you need to add/borrow and adjust lineups..

Tired of waiting on white owl and ravage smoke 6 cigarettes in 5 minutes

Wait on Ravage all you want… the amount of games I’ve had to cancel from round 1 forfeits with that man adding…. JHHEEEEZ ban ravage, not amnesti WOOOO!
    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Best is my boy but he and FU Inc have wasted 200 hours of my life texting eachother between rounds. That said, I am glad he now sees the errors in his ways and is pushing for a change. Proud of you brother.

1 min should be enough.

Comment

oh look another thread about moving the game along.
        I have to agree. 2 min max

r
        d
        y

Comment

This is going to cause more problems than it fixes if implemented imo. Borrows are really hard to find when you have 10-20 speccers afk constantly in either twdd or twjd. The percentage of games with full squad lines are at an all time low and the amount of people sitting in spec afk or np is at an all time high. To navigate this issue can take a lot of time often. This will probably increase forfeits and compound frustrations even more.

Just to play devil's advocate
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

If the match dies , it dies

Avg JD lasts 10 mins, you cant have a 6 min wait to play a 10 min match..

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
              If the match dies , it dies

Avg JD lasts 10 mins, you cant have a 6 min wait to play a 10 min match..
              bruh you play like 1 jd a year.. you can wait LOL
              shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                Borrows are really hard to find when you have 10-20 speccers afk constantly in either twdd or twjd.
                I have been saying this forever, glad to see someone else noticing the same problem. We should do a combination of dealing with the AFK's AND lowering the timer to !ready. If we deal with the AFK's first it will go a lot smoother lowering the timer.

Quite often I see teams trying to get TWD started up seeing 30 people in a TWD arena, only to find they are all AFK and have to waste the entire clock trying to find people to borrow, and then still have to forfeit, all because people are too lazy to ?go afk.

rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

let the first round run as normal. jessup is right that it sometimes takes a bit to get borrows situated.

in between rounds, as long as all the same players are still in the arena, knock a couple minutes off the timer.

seems perfectly reasonable to me

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

that makes more sense imo

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

I have been saying this forever, glad to see someone else noticing the same problem. We should do a combination of dealing with the AFK's AND lowering the timer to !ready. If we deal with the AFK's first it will go a lot smoother lowering the timer.

Quite often I see teams trying to get TWD started up seeing 30 people in a TWD arena, only to find they are all AFK and have to waste the entire clock trying to find people to borrow, and then still have to forfeit, all because people are too lazy to ?go afk.
                      There was talk in the past of forcing people who idle in tw(x)d arena's onto a separate freq, effectively putting them on a !notplaying list. IIRC it was shelved because some people linger and scroll back through spec chat. But it's a solution if you're looking for one.

I also like zeebu's idea of more time for the first round than the second and third. That guy has had a lot of good idea's recently.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                        let the first round run as normal. jessup is right that it sometimes takes a bit to get borrows situated.

in between rounds, as long as all the same players are still in the arena, knock a couple minutes off the timer.

seems perfectly reasonable to me
                        Zeebu probably on to something here, I would suggest shortening the timer for rounds after 1st regardless of people being in the arena or not, it is usually only 1 change needed if any so 2 minutes should be more than enough time.

We do still need to figure out something for the AFK's.
                        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                        rEnZi> its crazy
                        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                        X