Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD / Bot / Nerd / Dork question

ello,

ever since i been playing again like past 3 months or so, TWD bot hasn't recorded any of my Terr matches. It records them in my personal match history but not ladder. since this the only game i play it is nice 4 me to log on once a week and see wut my ladder w/l and other stats are. even since recent reset shud prob closer to 2:1 but this discriminatory bot behavior towards latinos has me at a flat 1:1 and now i cant write medium articles about subspace. ty pls fix. can devs do smthn
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

You mostly play matches as a borrow, which affects your personal rating (the player ladders on TWD front page) but not your squad match statistics.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I always play as borrow, my stats r the best
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/659334/stats

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
        You mostly play matches as a borrow, which affects your personal rating (the player ladders on TWD front page) but not your squad match statistics.
        the borrow stuff isn't reflected on my ladder. only spiders. i could understand if only squad matches were reflected on ladder, but that isn't either cos when i play w juice i always terr and that is not reflected there either. bot is trifling
        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post

the borrow stuff isn't reflected on my ladder. only spiders. i could understand if only squad matches were reflected on ladder, but that isn't either cos when i play w juice i always terr and that is not reflected there either. bot is trifling
          I think you probably aren't clicking the button to submit your filter selection from the dropdown.

Here are your player ladder terr stats
          Click image for larger version

Name:	aptTerrPlayerStats.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1358986
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          WillBy> ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

I think you probably aren't clicking the button to submit your filter selection from the dropdown.

Here are your player ladder terr stats
            Click image for larger version

Name:	aptTerrPlayerStats.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1358986
            ah cool thank you, why doesn't this ship stats show up under TWBD [ Overall ] tho? ty n happy easter

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post

ah cool thank you, why doesn't this ship stats show up under TWBD [ Overall ] tho? ty n happy easter
              Now that, sir, is a gr8 question. I am also seeing a discrepancy in my Overall, spider & shark stats. I have no idea :/
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              WillBy> ^^

Comment

I have reported this bug over and over and nobody cares enough (or does not have the time) to fix it. TWD site has a lot of little bugs like this that go unfixed. If I recall there was a new website being worked on for TWD but I am not sure how the progress is going for that though being volunteer work and all.

My overall base stats always seems to show just one of the ships instead of combining all.

Rab you linked personal stats, personal stats seem to be just the games for the squad you are rostered to. So that will not show any borrows.

Dwopple Wait does being a borrow or not actually make a difference for ladder?
                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

From what I understand the ladder rating formula changes based on your recent activity and number of played games in the past week compared to other active players. It seems like it compares top 25 most active players with one another. If you don't play for a while you will drop down fast. In overall basing stats there are more players in the pool thus your rating will be different.

In the end the entire formula is rather bad and not sure who created it. It makes very little sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                    I have reported this bug over and over and nobody cares enough (or does not have the time) to fix it. TWD site has a lot of little bugs like this that go unfixed. If I recall there was a new website being worked on for TWD but I am not sure how the progress is going for that though being volunteer work and all.

My overall base stats always seems to show just one of the ships instead of combining all.

Rab you linked personal stats, personal stats seem to be just the games for the squad you are rostered to. So that will not show any borrows.

Dwopple Wait does being a borrow or not actually make a difference for ladder?
                    Borrows do impact your ladder ranking(s), but matches where you are borrowed do not impact your profile statistics (e.g., Squads > Dice > Roster > Player (Dwopple) > Statistics). You can still see the match statistics in the 'Recent Games' tab for a player's profile, but you won't see them included in the summarized 'Statistics' tab.
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    WillBy> ^^

Comment

apt The TWBD (Overall) ladder only shows your highest stats, it does not show total stats. So the rating shown is from terr, but the k:d from spider. It's a mess honestly, but it's been that way for over a decade. That's pretty much the duration TW has been without someone caring about the TWD site.

RageRitual It was pretty much a choice between having a decent spawn system, or a few changes to the TWD spaghetti site. If you can make a list of what exactly needs to be shown I could have a look at it during the weekends, but just mentioning it's a bug, and it needs to be fixed isn't helping anyone. For starters, it doesn't say what needs to be shown instead, like, how are the stats to be totaled. How is the new rating going to be calculated, etc.. etc.. for every column, and perhaps for every page too if more of them are "wrong". Currently the pages do what they are intended for, although the info could be more clear on what exactly it's showing. Figuring this out takes (a lot) of time, especially compared to the pay off. So up to you to decide that the bugs you find are worth the effort by doing the leg work.

Comment

While we are on this topic are there any methods to export player(s) stats for a time period to a format like csv? Suppose only devs can direct connect to the data source? I do not have the technical skills to help with any development but wouldn't mind being able to export to mock stuff up and explore.
                        I agree.

Comment

Currently there's no export button, would be cool though, to be able to get all stats for the current season. An API would be even better, but that's currently limited to TWDT and TWL. No intentions/capabilities to extend this to TWD either.

As a start I could provide manually extracted stats.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                            Currently there's no export button, would be cool though, to be able to get all stats for the current season. An API would be even better, but that's currently limited to TWDT and TWL. No intentions/capabilities to extend this to TWD either.

As a start I could provide manually extracted stats.
                            I won't ask you to do that for me personally but if you have never done it before, perhaps at the end of a season you can post some raw data files to the site. Do you have prior seasons or is it lost after a certain period of time? Thinking more of the box score stats only because I do not know what else is collected that would lend itself to some simple structured data analysis. Someone more savvy than myself could probably make some more advanced stats and draw insights about the health of the league or player performance.

Your post for TWD data visualizations was good stuff and while I do not expect that level of detail for any TWD data export I wanted to give it another shoutout. Data would be valuable for captains, players, and map designers to improve performance.
                            Some TWD visualizations I've made. Most are made possible by the positions of kills/deaths being stored since the 2nd of December 2020. Interested to know your opinion on why it shows what it shows. Legend: white/blue = kill red = death DD kill/death positions javaw_TRODXnomLt.png JD javaw_dZrn7tCu87.png Combined match
                            I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by banzi fuq View Post

Your post for TWD data visualizations was good stuff and while I do not expect that level of detail for any TWD data export I wanted to give it another shoutout. Data would be valuable for captains, players, and map designers to improve performance.
                              I was thinking about making an export for the overall ladder specifically, thus providing all the stats that are used to create it. Total stats for TWD should be around somewhere, though they are outdated. If there's demand I can update it.

Originally posted by banzi fuq View Post

That was a fun project, and it would be cool to have something like that be interactive. If future league captains are interested I can always look at providing updated versions, or ones that are limited to a specific data set, TWDT-only for example or a single team.

Comment

Working...
                              X