Lagcheating / Banning procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagcheating / Banning procedures

Yesterday there was a match between Sk8 and HaloSiK in twjd, both squads had a player who lagged a lot, Desire and Cross. Despite of my personal thoughts, they were warned to be subbed in the game and later they got banned after or during the game.

If they really lagcheated than I have no problem with it, but I do think it would be useful to set limits in TWD Rules, because you can throw around numbers of ploss and timeblabla whatever to justify the bans, but if the majority of the crowd have no knowledge on the exact guidelines of those bans (are not public visible) than how exactly can they prepare themselves for such bans ?

I mean you just play a game 4 vs 4 and someone gets banned for lagcheating, while the mod warning just says: 'your ploss is too high to play in this game, reconnect or get subbed out of the game, if you contine to play you will be banned'. I mean... I want to see numbers etc things we can check by ourselves, to make sure people dont get banned unjustified and a game get screwed over. Also: if you start doing this, make sure you continue this to check this with all players, not just in one match. Otherwise TWL qualifications should be made official with a referee.

Thanks.
    .: ExquisiteHosting.com
    .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
    zzz

The reason I've heard for not giving out specific lag/ploss numbers is that it would make it a lot easier for people to actually cheat with lag because they would know just how far they could push it.
    sdg

Comment

Agreed stab, i think thats the reason too.

Nas: If his ploss was to high wouldnt he of laged out anyway? Why does the mod need to tell him about it? I wont comment on Cross' lag bc he's my friend, but lets just say that the standby button is on the cable modem.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

So muccch lagcheat.. BAN EM ALL!!!....... lets start with cig

edit: I agree with both, there is 1 standard that the tw players know about.. and that's your "ave" o_O
        Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
        Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

Desire got subbed in that game, so that would make an unjust ban i guess according to

while the mod warning just says: 'your ploss is too high to play in this game, reconnect or get subbed out of the game, if you contine to play you will be banned'
          Code:
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
          1:lnx> kk
          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Pred u cant detect my lagcheats so stop trying!!
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Predator Rulez
              So muccch lagcheat.. BAN EM ALL!!!....... lets start with cig

edit: I agree with both, there is 1 standard that the tw players know about.. and that's your "ave" o_O
              i heard Pred went on a banning spree and banned 40 people in one hour... is that true Pred???????
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

What about the real laggots that just have bad lag??

Comment

i dont think that its fair to be banned for lag.. some ppl have horrible connections, if u lag u will lagout :up:
                  1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

uhhhh its harder to play if u lag...so it sorta evens out
                    9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

In alot of the cases u can usualy tell if its a person's connection or if they are using an outside program, or lagcheating (aka standby) and so on. Im not mod so i dont konw the exact things they use to see, but i know that if a person with 300 ms stays at 300ish the whole game he's less likely to be called lagcheater then if someone has 200, and then spikes to 400 whena bomb comes at him and so on.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

The fact is, lag PROBABLY won't help the guy himself, but he'll tank a shitload of bullets and draw the attention of the other team towards himself, helping his TEAMMATES pretty damn much. The easiest way to notice this is to put 2 laggy sharks together and watch them keep the cram together.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
                          i heard Pred went on a banning spree and banned 40 people in one hour... is that true Pred???????
                          YES

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty
                            uhhhh its harder to play if u lag...so it sorta evens out
                            Not really.. the laggots are used to their lag.. and know where to aim.. how to rush with it.. and the "non-laggots" dont see this that often (thank god), so they get lag rushed, lag shotted, lagorized and will respond something like this:
                            WTF?
                            ROFL
                            LMAO
                            LAGGOT
                            TURN OFF KAZAA
                            GTFO LAG NEWB
                            ?GO
                            <nickname> FOR LAGGOUT
                            Still... Lag is a part of this game, and there are some people with just bad connections (darn aussies!). But most of the staff is aware of the "real laggots, bad connections". Bottom line.. if you lagcheat.. YOU WILL GET NAILED$$$$, and for the Original/real laggots.. Keep on the lagpwning

Pred

Comment

Heh, when I'm lagging like shit, I play like shit, I don't recall many cases where lag has actually helped me win a game, but luckily I almost never lag
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Working...
                              X