No announcement yet.

Lagcheating / Banning procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem here is that Staff doesnt act always the same way.
    On the Desire and Cross case, they were warned to spec, they were specced then after match banned.
    Yesterday Schope was specced in a match vs Disoblige because he "was lagcheating" but then nothing happened.
    Staff needs to act the same way, if they think ppl deserve a ban for that, ban everyone that is caught lagcheating. If not dont ban just when ur on a bad mood.
    1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
    1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
    1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
    1:Vitja> afk
    1:Underground> haha vit
    1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Underground
      The problem here is that Staff doesnt act always the same way.
      On the Desire and Cross case, they were warned to spec, they were specced then after match banned.
      Yesterday Schope was specced in a match vs Disoblige because he "was lagcheating" but then nothing happened.
      Staff needs to act the same way, if they think ppl deserve a ban for that, ban everyone that is caught lagcheating. If not dont ban just when ur on a bad mood.
      agreed.

desperate and aim2kill were lagging as bad and didnt spec.

also underground subed laging like a slut used all his lagouts spiking and lagging all over the screen and noone did nothing
      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        exactly, but when ppl been laggin for months/ years they learn that u cant hit them rite on. They learn you have to aim ahead of the ppl. Therefor they arent really affected by it once they learn how to do it. I use to lag and i know thats what happend to me.
        As as I played for 2 months with some insane lag. You'll notice that everyone elses bullets lag just as much as your bullets are lagging. You grow accusomted to lag, and change your playstyle (unconciously) so you can actually dodge those bullets. I had a pretty nice midshot, but I think it was because my 2" lagshots :P Now that i'm back in the US, i'm going back into my old semi-rushy style of play...

Also note, if someone has serious lag, you can't hit them up close (within 1" of them) if they are thrusting or something. So don't try it, I tested this a bit, and neither can the laggot hit you if your thursting past him

Comment

Agreed under. There should be a writen list of rules for staff to deal with lagcheating, if there isnt already. It doesnt seem like there is bc its always handled different.

Whats with all this fuss about staff now specing/asking ppl to spec in jds for lagcheating? I didnt hear any of this a month ago. Are they suddenly trying to catch more lagcheaters? I mean there are ppl i see who lag like monkeys and i could almost swear they are lagcheatingyet nothing is done.

Get a set way of handling this so that there is no more confusion. Also make sure that ur staff members know its lagcheating for sure. Nothign worst then someone accusing you of something, especialy someone "responsable" like staff should be.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Lower the laglimits so that we can get rid of the cheaters/laggots.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator Rulez
              Not really.. the laggots are used to their lag.. and know where to aim.. how to rush with it.. and the "non-laggots" dont see this that often (thank god), so they get lag rushed, lag shotted, lagorized and will respond something like this:
              WTF?
              ROFL
              LMAO
              LAGGOT
              TURN OFF KAZAA
              GTFO LAG NEWB
              ?GO
              <nickname> FOR LAGGOUT
              Still... Lag is a part of this game, and there are some people with just bad connections (darn aussies!). But most of the staff is aware of the "real laggots, bad connections". Bottom line.. if you lagcheat.. YOU WILL GET NAILED$$$$, and for the Original/real laggots.. Keep on the lagpwning

Pred
              that's exactly how i feel
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfirez
                Lower the laglimits so that we can get rid of the cheaters/laggots.
                seriously, 4.5 ploss? Normal ploss is 0.1

The average ping time is probably around 100ms, with most north americans around 30-70ms, and euros between 130-170ms.

But I think it's more spikes and plosswhores that are the problem. Someone with 200ms 0.1 stable lag is better than someone with 70 spiking to 190. I see plently of people with 70ms showing that jump around like they're house of pain, while others with 40-50ms more lag are smoother and less laggy.

I think 250ms limit should be put in place, with a 1.1 ploss limit, and a 60ms+ constant differential in ping time, every 3rd time it happens, should constitute a lagout. These laggots that go from 140 to 220 every few seconds are horrible.

People are always crying "well buy me a connection", but if you enforced the limits probably a good 80% would actually change their connection to play leagues.

Limits like this aren't necessary for pubbing, TWBD, elim, belim, just TWDD, and maybe TWJD. In elim you can mostly avoid them, or at worst, spec4rec if youre left with 2/3 mega laggots. Your ranking isnt dependant on wins anyways (if you care).

And to whomever said lag isnt an advantage: hah. Anyone remember Roi's lagrushing days in elim way back when?

Oh, as for lagcheaters, when Murderah used to play, I'd call him a lagcheater in elim and his ping would go from a stable 450 to a stable 70ms within 10 seconds.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

ask player to sub, fine thats part of the game if you lag. Banning them for something out of their control is completely wrong and too be honest i have never heard of staff enforcing such a rule, which mod did the banning?

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                    The reason I've heard for not giving out specific lag/ploss numbers is that it would make it a lot easier for people to actually cheat with lag because they would know just how far they could push it.
                    If the limits were set low enough (ie 200 ms, .2 ploss) then it wouldn't be a problem.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I dont think they shou ld even be asked to be subbed out. IFFF They are lagcheating, then warn/bann them. IF they are simply lagging and can stay in (not lagout) then they should be allowed to stay in.

About lowring the limits, its all fine with me. Just dont make them that low to quick. I mean 4.5 is definatly to high to allow them to stay in. 2% ploss in my mind is a good #. I mean im on cable and live close to the server, but often enough the server is laggy to me and i get 1% ploss. So i dont think u should make it that low. I dont know about pings, but if nothing higher then 250-300.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Speaking from experience, you (as a staff member that is) can't do shit about lagcheaters. Upper staff members can never make up their mind and every other time there's a situation involving lagcheating, they'll reverse whatever decision you've made. It's one giant mess of inconsistency. I've given up on fighting with them, totally not worth it.

If you want to get rid of lagcheaters, play another game. Sadly, that's what it's come to.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

The people who have been lag cheating and getting away with it for a few years now are in the position where they're good enough with someone on upper staff to make sure their situation isn't brought up, it's been what 3 year since hellzno! said his modem was broken and he still hasn't gotten it fixed...
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Questionable Laggots:

Total
                            Jones
                            Rabid Rat Face
                            Qsilver
                            Solarblast Dragon
                            Exalt

Especially the first 3, I'd ban those mega-laggots. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 on this list lagcheat.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Let's put the server back to finland and start whining more.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones
                                Let's put the server back to finland and start whining more.
                                turn off kazaa
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X