TWSD map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWSD map

For some reason TWSD map is different from map in spidduel which was tested (played) a lot. This wouldnt matter if the map wasnt quite a piece of shit. Someone took Sweepers map and deleted two thirds of tiles so its closer to standart warbird dueling map which is completly unusable for spids because its too open.

Sweeper> and you can get closer to enemy by using walls

Spids are not ment to radar shoot etc... it should be about tactic and postioning..

Sweeper> in this it's impossible to find team
    Sweeper> this was tested for a day and it sucked
    Sweeper> cause can't stay safe
    Sweeper> 5 spids shooting radars makes it boring

noone wants some extra work from staff just use map from spidduel.
    if it was just test of one map from many then get this just as feedback not a whining post. If this is going to be final map then accept this post as a whining one. ^-^
    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

I played spidduel loads with Sweeper & a few others & I can truely say that the map rocked. Not too cramped, but plenty of cover. Don't mess with it.
    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Well, I can't say I've played in a spider duel yet, but I'll take your guys' word for it. I mean, I can't imagine a wb arena working well for a spider duel at all. If there's a petition or anything of the sort, I'll sign.

Comment

The map seemed perfect indeed.
        Only the loyal count.

Comment

In my opinion, I like the different map shape, and idea. But I think we can all agree we just need to make less open air areas. I think it's tactical to keep a few there, just so you can push out spiders into these areas to ambush/surround them where they don't have cover. I'm gonna try to modify this map and see what we can get out of it, if any changes they let me make on it.
          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
            In my opinion, I like the different map shape, and idea. But I think we can all agree we just need to make less open air areas. .
            yep, i dont get why was spidduel around for like a half a year and then they put quite different map in. Dont get me bad. I appreciate the effort but it to me it looks like here are several parts of "developers" which doesnt cooperate.
            Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

I don't like the twsd map either. Too open.

Comment

I'm thinking of a more urban style of a map here. Like. Have the map resemble streets and buildings.

If anyone has ever played Delta Force on the PC, done a Team King of the Hill match you can see the 2 sides where they'd be spawning from and the action happening in the center with a circluar area and buildings surrounding it.

I'm just thinking aloud here... this is probably sounding more like the spidduel map as I go along, lol.
                DELETED

Comment

Let's have Subspace Counter Strike. :fear:

Comment

I like Dameon's idea, I think it would be very neat to have it closed in and to have to develop a movement strategy a tad more complex than running back to your teammates.
                    3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                      Let's have Subspace Counter Strike. :fear:
                      I already made it - ?go cstrike

And I was thinking, just talking outta my ass again as above, instead of a death based duel, have a time race style. I mean, these are basing ships, and it'd merge the gameplay of dueling with the time race aspect of basing. Hold the center flag for an x amount of minutes. You die, you spawn on your side of the arena and have to walk back. It'd really make every death count since there is no shark or terrier.
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                        I already made it - ?go cstrike
                        Not to mention the whole zone that was dedicated for subspace counter strike. :P

Comment

Mala's map is better this the TWSD one. It's too open leaving rushing the main choice of attack.

Comment

I modified the current ?go spidduel map to make it much smaller so it's a blitz style gameplay of fast attacking. If its gonna be a race to 50 kills, it should be a smaller map to provide for faster action.

DELETED

Comment

Sigh nothing but open space. Which means if you are getting teamed you will die for sure.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X