No announcement yet.

Next TWD Reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well now theyve said there going to reset kinda unfair if they dont do it.....we wouldnt have placed some squads if there wasnt going to be a reset ^-^
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Like you've played squads too good for you? :P
      Besides if you're really good enough, it doesn't take long to raise up the ladder.

Whole idea is that people play all kinds of squads. I'll say it again, scoring system needs some tweaking. If the scoring system worked perfectly, squads would end up with just as many points no matter if they only play top 5 squads or bottom 5 squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
        Like you've played squads too good for you? :P
        Besides if you're really good enough, it doesn't take long to raise up the ladder.

Whole idea is that people play all kinds of squads. I'll say it again, scoring system needs some tweaking. If the scoring system worked perfectly, squads would end up with just as many points no matter if they only play top 5 squads or bottom 5 squads.
        Wouldn't this only increase the chances for squads that play only "newb" squads to get into twl?
        1:Graner> i heard da1's sign in tw forums was "1:Graner> like i'd know a girl irl, lol"
        1:Graner> jeansi told me that
        1:Graner> i was totally wtf
        1:Rumpnisse> rofl?
        1:Graner> AND BTW!
        1:Graner> i talked to one on wednesday
        1:Rumpnisse> ur mom? :/
        NOTICE: Game over

Comment

I would say that if you were to reset squads at a certain point before TWL, they would be squads that are inactive but have over 1000 points.
          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Rumpnisse
            Wouldn't this only increase the chances for squads that play only "newb" squads to get into twl?
            No Rump. You read it wrong. I didn't say "get just as many points for beating top 5 squad as beating bottom 5 squad". I said "end up with just as many points".

Hmm, take squad A and B. A and B are equally skillled. A plays only against top 5 squads, but B plays only against bottom 5 squads. After some games, they're both at the same rating. A loses most of the games, but from the victories gets enough score to cover them up and squad A's ranking stays steady. B wins most of the games, but doesn't get that much score from the wins, and loses enough score from the losses that its rating doesn't go up limitlessly.
            Last edited by Kuukunen; 08-26-2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

its still not needed
              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
              (:3=

Comment

Under the assumption that the ladder rating system does not change, I don't think another reset is necessary.

what's the point of doing well for the next x months if none of this shit counts? i think alot of TWers (including myself) play for fun, but that doesnt mean you can't make an effort to win. there will STILL be that competitive energy 1 month before TWL even if squads dont reset, the only difference is that the ladder rankings should be alot more stable with squads that SHOULD be there.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

I talked to someone, and the main argument behind the reset seems to be that this way only active squads can make it to TWL. So if some squad has high rating but is practically dead they won't go to TWL.

I don't find that good enough of a reason though.

Comment

I think that most of the squads with a "high" rating are active anyway. They have to be active to have a high rating.

There really isnt a reason to reset it. all that reseting does is give new squads who dont deserve a spot in TWL a chance to get into TWL. And the problem is they can avoid any squad/challenge they want to. So not only is it ezier for a bad squad to get it, its sometimes harder for a good squad to get in/stay in because other squads dont accept there challenges.

Example: Like when I was on shriek (or dice for tha tmatter) it was really hard to find a JD vs many squads bc they were scared of "losing points"
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                      I think that most of the squads with a "high" rating are active anyway. They have to be active to have a high rating.
                      They only have to be active for a while to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                        I talked to someone, and the main argument behind the reset seems to be that this way only active squads can make it to TWL. So if some squad has high rating but is practically dead they won't go to TWL.

I don't find that good enough of a reason though.

If I am not mistaken they implimented a new feature that removes inactive squads from the ladder, if they have not played in the twd area for a certain amount of days. In that case inactive squads with high rankings would not be a cause for another reset. Each squad has to accept their twl offer withen a certain time frame. I think the staff should have a fair amount of judgment on what squads should not get invited under these conditions.
                        Last edited by Dethdefire; 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM.
                        Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

Yeah, if you're not active, you won't be shown on the ladder.
                          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dethdefire
                            If I am not mistaken they implimented a new feature that removes inactive squads from the ladder, if they have not played in the twd area for a certain amount of days. In that case inactive squads with high rankings would not be a cause for another reset. Each squad has to accept their twl offer withen a certain time frame. I think the staff should have a fair amount of judgment on what squads should not get invited under these conditions.
                            I know that, but if you have 4 people in roster you can play one game and you're there again.

Comment

Working...
                            X