No announcement yet.

Key Settings: Default or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Changed reps to alt, if you can count coords you don't really need a big map anyway (put it on numlock just in case )
    - enter/leave messages off
    - kill messages in chat, it's annoying with basing but who cares about basing anyway. Works great with jd's so you can actually see how many teammates are still in base so you don't fly into 1v4 situations.
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by VladTaltos
      Left, right, forward, back: arrow keys (right hand)

Boost: Shift (easily accessable to left pinky)

Bomb: A (ring finger left hand)

Bullet: D (trigger finger left hand)

Mine: S (middle finger left hand)

Thor: T (easily reached by left trigger finger)

Burst: W (easily reached by middle finger left hand)

Multi: Q ( " " " ring " " ")

Antiwarp: Z (ring finger)

Stealth: F (trigger finger left hand, right next to C)

Cloak: C (right next to F)

Xradar: X (duh)

Repel: Space Bar (right where thumb rests anyway)

Warp: Num0 (easily accessed by right pinky finger while steering)

Portal: Num1 (right above warp, makes sense to use same finger for both and
      have both located together)

Decoy: 3 (right above W)

Brick: E (again, right around the fire controls)

Attach: Ctrl (same hand as the warp controls, just on the other side of the
      movement keys)

The general idea behind this key setup being that you never have to remove your hands from their primary position over the primary controls, except if you are scrolling through the player list (pageup/down still, or f2, f1), or hitting a macro (still default shift+f1-12).
      Mine is sort of the same. My message key is " ' ", and my hand position is a bit more relaxed?

pinky on ctrl (used in combination with other keys to function)
      ring finger on shift (thrust)
      middle over A (bomb)
      index over D (bullet)
      thumb over space (warp)

i just fit everything else in there so it would fit, and my button combos work, except that sometimes while i type, i occasionally fire a bomb or bullet. Never knew someone else would have a setting similar to mine.
      boo...:eek:

Comment

Until recently, I've always played with the default settings, they're not hard at all. Right now I use gampad, the four face buttons are the directions, start is attach, top left trigger is fire, top right trigger is boost, bottom triggers are for the ticker.
        sage

Comment

Working...
        X