No announcement yet.

Rpd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's what makes TWLB so frustrating at times. You can't quantify (reliably) how well sharks are playing. In other leagues such as AML/IML/Pro, PB leagues, and HZ leagues, there are good ways to quantify a good player into statistical measurements. It just makes TWLB a very ambigous league to me.

Comment

As a rule, 9 times out of 10, if a good shark has enough time to detach, that shark has enough time to get all three reps off. This is how I play. If you can detach, you can get all 3 off, simple as that, and if you can't do that consistently you're not a strong shark. If you're not positioned correctly you won't get those reps off or will waste them, but it does show about 40 - 50% of how well that shark is performing.

RPD shows that particular aspect, and in bds, especially tough bds, you can go back and point out which shark dropped the ball, and that is largely aided by rpd.

I like the stat and I shark more than just about anyone. These folks who say you can't quantify how well a shark is performing obviously don't know how to shark well.

It's easy to become a good shark, difficult to become a great one.
      3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

There are many more key situations where you die after a key rep ... for ex to rep the nme mines into a wall thus tking the opposing team w/the nme shark's own mine or bombs. You might die wasting your remaining 2 reps ... it all depends on timing and the situation .. bc if you use the other 2 reps before expending the final one for the nme mines ... you've lost the timing and the opportunity for a massive TK or even a TeK is gone.

Another instance of good sharking is after you take base and kick the nme out ... you for ex have full reps ... but there are nme mines in base ... rather than using a rep and then approaching the nme with 2 reps ... a good shark should assess whether he/she has enough time to suicide into the nme to clear fr and thus approach the cram with full 3 reps.

I just don't think RPD is that great of a stat bc they depend on the situation so much.

Comment

In both those situations a good shark should be able to walk away from them quickly - in the fr, if coordinated properly, those can be repped and the shark can attach out of fr into cram if necessary. A good sharking pair would know how to handle that sort of thing to maximize rotation and attack.

And also, the stat averages reps per death per the whole game. Yes, a lot of those may be situational where you can't get all reps off. But 90% of the time, in every single bd or base match, a shark should be getting all 3 reps off. For a shark to be successful it must use its reps. RPD shows this.
          3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

while we are talking i would like to ask if we could have tk stats available
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I think REPS per ENTIRE TEAMS DEATHS would be a good indicator.

It will indicate the effectivness of the sharks reps. If for example the basing game is easy and the shark only has to rep twice in the entire game. and 1 person dies that would give them a stat of 0.5. But if i was a hard game and the shark had to rep say 200 times and the team died 100 times it would still give them a stat of 0.5. That way you could tell how well the shark performed irrepective of the situtation.
              Last edited by Doc Flabby; 01-09-2006, 08:22 AM.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

shark stats are meaningless
                shark stats are misleading