No announcement yet.

Squad Captains Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dameon, i didnt no if i would be able to message you in pub because im doing a lot of things at the moment, but i was wandering if it were possible that brainwave could attend, i understand that they are one of the worst squads in tw but it is a fun squad to be in and has a very friendly atmosphere, if we are aloud to attend (i joined because im sick of having to worry about recs and so on) i would like to possibly bring myself, djslayer and korngurl, one of the main reasons to attend is to learn from the experience of better more established squads, also i think it is a great idea to have a good discussion with other squads if it can be arranged with no flaming or anything, thank you very much for you time, i willl try and find you in pub as well. Thanks
    Join the emperors legion in the task of uniting all Sadukar under the rule of one emperor on the plagued plannet of Arakis, destroying the fremen, and contolling the Houses of Harkonen, Ordos and Atriedes, together we will reign superior, and the force of the Sadukar will grow.

Comment

Isn't it a sign that this idea is on the right track if the people who are against the idea are the same people who are on squads with known cheaters?

Comment

Ok if you really want to hold a meeting to get a clue what direction you should take TWD, you shouldn't invite those people you just did. You want people to actually have knowledge on the subject discussed and on some subjects you'd rather hear an independent voice (lag, cheaters etc).

1. Full Greens in TWDD -->
        There was already a poll, people who actually played wb told you to get rid of them with good arguments. Of course inviting a lot of newbiecaptains into a meeting might get the discussion to end up going your way after all. Good thinking there.
        If you want to do what's best just follow TWLD guidelines. And if you're clueless get the expertise from experienced wbs, not random squadcaptains who either are too new or just don't wb.

2. Aliasing and Double squadding -->
        Aliasing? is that illegal? or do you wanna find out who half of those people are you invited?
        Imo for double squadding player should just get netbanned or whatever, it would stop it immediatly. I really don't see why we should've a meeting about this. a good OP (THE PUSHER) would just handle these formalities himself. If you want good advice, ask some experienced staffers? doubt any of these squadcaptains suddenly have a great idea how to stop doublesquadders.

3. Lag Limits -->
        I personally don't see a steady high ping as a problem, just constant spiking is the real bitch --> but lowering laglimits for this would just keep everyone in spec? As you can see, I don't really know, and neither do 90% of those squadcaptains. Again this should be handled by the people who have a clue about what lag does. Let staff handle this.

4. Cheaters and known cheaters, what do to about them, who to trust? -->
        Ok now this meeting is getting really dangerous and really ridicilous.
        So there are now 'known cheaters' in the game who are actually cheating, but staff can't proof this, otherwise they wouldn't be in game. You and your magical selection of squadcaptains however can? How does that work again? It reminds me of how a few weeks ago one of my squadmembers, bike, got banned because some known cheater said bike cheated. This would be just like that. No squad would accept one of their players to get blacklisted for cheating while staff wouldn't even ban him for cheating..

5. Roster Limits -->
        Already discussed a zillion times. TWL should have limits, 35 seems like a nice number. Maybe a 1 league squad should have a lower number for TWL. But wait this is only about TWD, so no rosterlimit of course. I'm not gonna kick out some of my oldtime squadmates who play only a few times a year because some newbiesquadcaptain thinks it's going to make his squad grow bigger, which it of course won't...

6. Ship Limits in Basing. -->
        I'd say we limit this to max 8! who's with me fellow squadcaptains? oh wait half of you people who have never touched TWBD let alone been in TWLB, think 12 would be a better number? Well ok then. If this is about having a 4 spid limit, keep it the way it is, it should be the same as TWLB for practise reasons. plus if you want to play 4spids+special ship do so, if your teamwork is perfect it would make you stronger than 5 spids, but don't whine when you lose, it just means you weren't good enough. That's all there needs to be said about it. But yeah, if you do want to properly discuss this, invite a selected group of experienced basers, not a bunch of random squadcaptains.

7. Returning Squad Rules for TWD qualification to TWL -->
        Ok now you're just making up points for the sake of it. There's hardly enough real good squads around anymore who stay alive season after season, of course all these random squads you invited will want all squads to have to requalify each season, not realising it doesn't make their chances any bigger. I think -F- is the only proof you need why a requalification for all is ridicilous.

8. Other TWL rules if necessary (probably another meeting with a smaller group for that, tho.) -->
        You're not in control of TWL?

I'm glad I stepped back as a captain, haha.

Comment

Thats it ... its perfect. Nobody can spam off on eachother, call eachother childish names, and I don't even need to worry about the fact that most of the TW public can't hold a conversation in the style of a normal human being.

GJ Dabram ... this'll work.

Note: This isn't for sarcasm, for once.
          DELETED

Comment

Its these "random squadcaptains" that keep twd alive.

And if u noticed from my posts i wanted to REMOVE FC from dd. I even started a thread on it. We might not be in a position to discuss cheating or lag limits with any authority but in terms of gameplay we play the most games statistically. Trak for example has played over 370 dds thats more that dicE HEAVY and Disoblige put together.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
              Isn't it a sign that this idea is on the right track if the people who are against the idea are the same people who are on squads with known cheaters?
              I think thats not true, but I am the idiot who is against everything =)
              Winner of TWDL Scrotals
              Winner of TWT Melee
              Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Originally posted by Na$
                I think thats not true, but I am the idiot who is against everything =)
                No, your right. I should have said 'most people' and not implied that it's all people.

Comment

i totally agree on what bram said

why make TW more complicated that it is now?
                  9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                  4:Nimrook> No?
                  4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                  4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                  4:Akuun> ROFL
                  4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                  4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                  4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Seriously WTF, there have been countless post about all of these topics. Some one said it earlier....its just a GAME god damn! Play and shut-up, u dont like it leave.
                    t('_'t)

Comment

Originally posted by Fait
                      Seriously WTF, there have been countless post about all of these topics. Some one said it earlier....its just a GAME god damn! Play and shut-up, u dont like it leave.
                      if it's "just a game" then why do people need to cheat on "just a game"?
                      I mean, if it's so insignificant, then why do people care so damn much that they want to win so bad that they will cheat?
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

nice post bram.

And just for the record, If some kind of inclusive meeting is to be held where people are going to determine how TWD is going to be run in the future, then the community on a whole should be involved, not just the squad captains. There are plenty of regular players who are far more involved in TWD and play much more regularily than most of those squad captains and deserve a chance to voice their own opinions.(ie. in the forum using polls/threads)

But i guess when u are given a bogus title like smod in charge of PR (and why this is pertinent in a free online game i'll never know) there is bound to be bogus ideas introduced in an attempt to "earn one's keep".
                        $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

Yeah, its mostly for TWD reasons, if anything.

I'm thinking I should just make a questionaire that everyone can fill out about TWD. Noone can spam it out to prevent others from talking and you can act like a thankless bitch on your own time with the option of being private about what you say, or going around to proclaim how amazing you are. Cause we don't have enough of that.

And for clarification, the only part directed toward slaque is the first sentence. The Rest is a general statement to everyone.
                          DELETED

Comment

Politics on a game is a rather boring topic. If you have something constructive to add he said leave him a message and he'll include you. But the point of having it a captains meeting I believe is that if somethings going to change then the people who are making decisions for their squads should be the first to know. Now to answer brams post:

1 and 6: yeah I dont see what purpose discussing limits or settings like that has. Perhaps the thought is that the caps will represent the overall feeling of their squad? Dunno, but a forum poll like the one with fc's would really work for setting changes, as long as someone does something after the community decides of course

2 and 4: inviting caps doesnt find out cheaters or DSers are and isnt intended to. It is intended to stop them from playing as hopefully most of the community will understand the purpose of it. The danger in it is that some people might just take the opportunity to flame away at people who they think cheat and start a lot of bitching, but if that doesnt get too out of hand then something may come out of it

3: this belongs with 1 and 6 cause its dealing with settings sorta. I just wanted to point out that '90%' of the captains know that ploss above 1% (even lower than that really) is just ridiculously laggy. I can standby to get away from a rush and still not get up to 3%. The ping is okay as is because its usually consistent lag but everyone knows ploss limits can use some work.

5. dont care about roster limits enough to reply

7 and 8: might as well bring up twl rules and get a general consensus maybe. Still its up to someone else to decide what to do with it, but why not see what people want?
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

So dameon, let me get this straight, is the meeting still going thorugh, or has it been binned? i personaly think it was a good idea, to be able to talk to such a vast amount of people, and get all their different opinions, as SOME SQUAD CAPTAINS are actually very knowledgable on some of these topics, and if they dont change anything, can at least give you ideas to take you on new directions to solve these, 'problems'.
                              Join the emperors legion in the task of uniting all Sadukar under the rule of one emperor on the plagued plannet of Arakis, destroying the fremen, and contolling the Houses of Harkonen, Ordos and Atriedes, together we will reign superior, and the force of the Sadukar will grow.

Comment

So far, it doesn't look like it. Due to the lack of maturity for this to go down. So I'm looking for other ways to go about getting a consensus of random TWD things w/o having to spam the boards with threads. Make it more managable.
                                DELETED

Comment

Working...
                                X