No announcement yet.

Don't Disable for no reason in a dd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in england you have to pay to get a static ip...
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

what's to stop me from having 2 or 3 players, saying i have brothers and sisters who use the same computer?
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by PureOwnage
        Well then you might have wanted to tell one of us that you're going to do it so we could have woken someone up who could actually play, instead of just doing it and saying you didn't do it.

I dont have the details on this particular case. I will say this though, we generally dont extend the courtesy you are asking for to double squadders. If we catch someone double squadding, why should we wait for a cheater to find himself a sub? A cheater is a cheater, and in my opinion doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Again, I dont know the details on this case. But the above procedure is generally how a double squadder is dealt with if we have what we believe to be enough information. Usually that requires us catching him online and matching his info with the info of his other nick that just logged off, which I think is pretty solid evidence. Of course, the name will be cross referenced with our sibling/family list at that time to see if his account has other players attached to it.

More often than not a double squadder is reported during a TWD match. It is the TWD ops job to get as much information as they can about the player and remove him from the game as fast as possible if need be. The speed with which we deal with these situations means that sometimes errors are made, and for that I apologize. The Ops aren't perfect, and no one can expect them to be, but they do the best they can with the time and information they have.

Comment

But when you remove someone in the middle of the game, you possibly ruin the game for everyone else as well.
          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Why is when one of the high ranked squads has trouble with twd it gets fixed in a day and then they feel the need for a long cry in forums about it when it happend after TWL has already been decided.

Where as it took over 3 MONTHS to get the name re-enabled of one of my caps when it got disabled for no reason. If this name had been fixed sooner maybe we would have had a better chance of TWL (lol what eva :P) but u can see my point.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
              This needs to be said again

You're in TWL stop crying.

IT DOESNT MATTER!

NOW STFU
              Actually, the only one here that needs to STFU is you. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread and if you don't want to read it, then don't read it. There is a problem here and just because it doesn't apply to you, doesn't mean others should drop it. It's better that the problem is solved here so that nobody has to deal with it now or later on. Im not going to point the finger at anyone, and I can say that it wasn't Dameon but I did let a twd op know that my cousin would be using a computer next to mine on the same internet and when I did a follow up on my own just to make sure that twd op clarified that, I found out that the twd op forgot or just didn't do anything about it. Luckily, since I had told another twd op about the situation I didn't have to deal with anything like what happened here.
              Point is, there are two problems going on here. One problem is that if a player actually does something about the whole thing and tell's a twd op that so and so is using a computer next to them on the same internet then that twd op should add them to the sibling list and that should be the end of it. Unfortunately in this case that seems that didn't happen, or my case.
              The other problem we have is that not everyone that plays TWD uses the forums, where the rules are located.
              I could offer some solutions to both but I'm sure those in power are capable.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                FFS You're in TWL stop crying. IT DOESNT MATTER!

I've had a quite a few matchs where disabled name or other reasons have screwed me outta winning a game (when it did count) but it doesnt mean i have to cry in the forums about it.

You just accept it as part of the risk of playing with no subs. You should always have at least one sub if you dont want to risk having to forfiet.
                Flabby for twl
                1:abbot> i think i played well
                1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                oar> but its ok

Comment

Originally posted by PureOwnage
                  Well then you might have wanted to tell one of us that you're going to do it so we could have woken someone up who could actually play, instead of just doing it and saying you didn't do it.

Agreed, pm someone immediatly or ?message him when he/her/it gets twdbanned, so it doesnt come as a sudden annoying surprise.
                  Time for a new thread-post-idea P.O. feel free to do it. :lock:

Comment

Captains (or any players for that matter) are not going to be given notice if/when the TWD Ops ban anyone. If a player decides to double squad or cheat during a game then he risks voiding/lossing the game for his squad and having any resonable penalties the TWD Op decides placed against said squad. If there's no responsibility put on squads as a whole, and I stress that this is the least we can do, then double squading will become more of a problem.

My suggestion: Spend some time looking at your individual players as a squad captain. If you suspect anything then report it before it becomes a problem and maybe next time blame the person and not the system for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                      Captains (or any players for that matter) are not going to be given notice if/when the TWD Ops ban anyone. If a player decides to double squad or cheat during a game then he risks voiding/lossing the game for his squad and having any resonable penalties the TWD Op decides placed against said squad.
                      Ok so if someone cheats in publics nowadays for teamkilling, they get a warning, if they continue then they get banned. But for twd, there is no warning, not even a headsup or a question, it's just ban? This is a problem. Especially if a twd op accidently bans someone, I'm not sure how or why, but I know it's possible.

P.S. I wasn't really suggesting that people should get a warning before they are actually twd banned, I believe a bot messaging and also pm'ing the player saying they are disabled in twd when they become twd banned would fix alot of problems.
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                        Captains (or any players for that matter) are not going to be given notice if/when the TWD Ops ban anyone. If a player decides to double squad or cheat during a game then he risks voiding/lossing the game for his squad and having any resonable penalties the TWD Op decides placed against said squad. If there's no responsibility put on squads as a whole, and I stress that this is the least we can do, then double squading will become more of a problem.

My suggestion: Spend some time looking at your individual players as a squad captain. If you suspect anything then report it before it becomes a problem and maybe next time blame the person and not the system for once.
                        my suggestion: dont get involved in this conversation; your pushing the problem to the squads now...Sigh.
                        You really think captains of the less-good-teams wouldnt recruite an aliased vet because he is aliased?
                        + You really think the aliased(d/s) people are ez-noticable for the captains of squads or did you think d/sers tell their squadowners and captains who they really are?
                        Narrow-minded crap. Come Off It!

Ps: go back to your basket

Comment

Last edited by Kolar; 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X