No announcement yet.

Dead Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though the idea having a "vacation mode" is a nice feature to have, aphix =)

And didn't you got enough powers just push the dissolved button on a squad? =P
    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

dissolving squads

The thing is, the squad captains DID dissolve their squads, but that still doesn't (or didn't, maybe it is fixed now) take them off the ladder, and the squad takes up ladder space and cannot be challenged.
      chocolate gravy

Comment

However you should prevent squads from dissolving and then signing up again or changing names to clear out under 1000 rating.
        Originally posted by Diakka
        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Though I haven't seen that database for ages, but I do think that if you also remove them from the ladder means you have to delete them in the database.
          Thus not only it will affect the dissolved squad but also the squads who played them. Because of how the laddersystem works, by calculating the scores dynamically, it will most likely change the ladderscores of other squads as well.

It might be an idea to save the ladderscores of every squad in a seperate table just for a reference. So it calculates the scores from there on.

On the other had you will still have the problem about the ammount of games played. Since some people wanted the ammount of games in the calculations so the squad with more games would gain less and less score in the long term.
          Example, Squad A dissolves and has played 400 basing games.
          Of those 400 games they played 200 games vs Squad B, thus Squad B gets 200 games less, if you delete all the games of Squad A. This allows Squad B to gain more score per game again than usual.

Though you could also just solve it by changing the query which shows the ranking squads.

Anyways this is just a big assumption. =P
          Last edited by BLeeN; 01-31-2003, 01:27 PM.
          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Get high up the top of the ladder, go inactive, come back JUST before the league ends, play 1 game, wins TWD. Doesn't sound right to me.

Definatly a rating penalty dependant upon inactive time.
            Tigerex

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
              you disappear from the ladder if you haven't played a TWD for 3 days in TWDD and TWJD, 5 days in TWBD
              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I/we hate wb's javs, and are totally a basing squad. If we dont play wb in 3 games we get removed from TWD or just the wb ladder? And you have to play 1 basing game in 5 days, so you MUST play one midweek game? What about the squads who have half their members over the other side of the atlantic?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

as I said, it most likely will go up, to a week at least

Comment

add UoF to that list

Comment

Working...
                  X