No announcement yet.

TWD - Worthless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of you I do not understand. I am not bringing any of this up to bash anyone, or it would be in the trashtalking section, so please if you are out to insult go flame me there and I will make a point not to read it. Also, insulting a squad that is less than 1 week old and has developed no teamwork (yet is #10) for losing to a squad that is over 1 year old is kind of childish, wouldn't you think? Also I did not say that Cripples doesn't play good squads. I stated the amount of top 5 squads they have played. In case some of you have ignored it twice already I will say again that I have no negative feelings toward any other squad. I am not the type of person to be angry very long about anything, if angry at all.

With that said, I will restate the point of this thread, as most of you seem to have missed it.

I would like to see a system developed to make TWD less of a frustration to squads by disallowing certain squads to pick easy wins to get to the top. That is ALL. If you want to insult me, go to the trash talk threads or e-mail me at:

Foreignis@yahoo.com

That way I won't have to sift through meaningless garbage to get a decent response.

EDIT: We had the game against Titty canceled because we didn't know he only had 1 player rostered when we accepted his challenge. We had the game brutally killed because we thought it would be unfair to take free points from weaker teams.

EDIT: Thank you Kookie and Vihta for displaying an exceptional level of interest and maturity.
    Last edited by Foreign; 02-15-2003, 09:51 PM.
    -Dave

Comment

Oh, I see we hit a weak spot in cripps.

OK, after reading the replies I get the feeling that everytime cripps played a good squad the bot lagged. This brings me to ask why didnt you rechallenge when the bots came up again? I mean this league has been here for months, and you guys have played like 3 top 5 squads.

I should be harsh, but I dont really dont care. Fine, dont play any good team, but dont expect to have a chance in league. Btw, whoever picking teams for the leagues, you should look what squads the squads who got in played against.

Cripples - no utopia!

ps: Rule 2-10 vs rampage $

Comment

WTFZ is this whole thread about??????

Its a pointless and useless thread, and I suggest you move it to Useless Crap.. or something like that..

TWD owns.. and now stfu plz.. thanks
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I think Faith is confused. He said, the good teams we play we lose? Let me think. Well we beat Shriek,Melee,Disoblige ect. We have beaten these teams before in our TWD matches. Maybe you have your squads confused. Because the good teams Rampage has played they lost(Cells? lol). Its you guys who lose to the good teams, not us. Like I said, you guys are a good squad.. but don't single out teams for you losing. Relax, TWL should start up soon that way we will all have schedule matches. Which makes more sense...considering when we send out email to squad for matches and match times usually duelers will make duel matches and basers make the base matches. More logical
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

On a side note: I apologize to Fore if I seemed harsh towards you in my post. I was reading Faiths little convo with Utopia and was surprised how big of an idiot Faith is. So that harshness I guess was intended towards Faith not Fore. Wasn't Faith axed from Elusive? Not surprising because the scrub talks way to much shit. Anyways, its all good Fore <3
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

What im trying to say is why use TWD to pick the squads that are eventually going to be in the league if its so easy to manipulate it. Can't we instead have 5 respected members of tw to pick the squads they feel should be able to compete?

Unless TWD is changed in some way the rankings mean zip! So why bother using it to pick squads? Cripps is just an example of how the ranking can be manipulated.

And no, I dont have any gruge with cripps, just Utopia.

How about a squad duel tomorrow btw?

Comment

Grudge vs Utopia? Why? Because he's a nice guy? Dude, i'm sorry but you are pathetic. I'm sorry you don't like him, maybe its because he doesn't talk out of his ass 24/7 unlike some morons(you). Just let it go already... use your bitterness somewhere else.

Comment

Onix is in TWLD anyways. Its not like they blew chunks last season either. Did they not go to the finals? K THNX CRIPS 4 WIN TY 4 2 WINS IN TWDB YAY
                  1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                  1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                  1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                  1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Well....

Actually it is because Utopia refuses to play us Not that I care.. maybe we will start just playing easy teams, and then we wouldn't have to worry about crips not playing us.
                    -Dave

Comment

death row. apparently you're clueless so i wont bother talking to you. Have fun playing newbie squads.. see you in league!

Comment

I don't like the idea that best rankigns make it in either

Oh btw, since cripples were in all 3 leagues last year, we're in all 3 this year, erm season. whatever (just as a point)

I think that squads to make it into next twl should be elected by some sort of TWL Council (of say 5 or 7)

Some squads show dilligance to try to make it. I'll use whiterabbits as an example. They are trying to get into twlj but probably won't be in the top 4 or whatever of no twl squads. Thats only because they play any and all squads, not just easy ones to get points to get into twlj.
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Re: TWD - Worthless

Originally posted by Foreign
                          Elim, like TWD, also bring out the ego in most people who care about it. Some people I had no idea were so immature until TWD came about. Now there is more talking than playing
                          Like this thread too
                          >>>>ClIcK HeRe<<<<

Comment

Re: Re: TWD - Worthless

Originally posted by h2o60
                            Like this thread too
                            He speaks the truth. Maybe it is the mention of competition in general that makes people so primitive.
                            -Dave

Comment

Challenge system has just as many flaws kookie, don't think I really need to lay them all out, it would taker a while (look to TWT for some inspiration).

Foreign, you have a point about people picking on easy squads, but I think you're missing the cure; a larger pool of squads. ELO systems are developed to handle very large numbers of people all playing on a single leader, 20-30 active squads doesn't really cut it. This has been pointed out before, but in truth it's amazed me not with it's flaws but with how well it _did_ actually work. If you're going to add anything, maybe just make it so squads can't challegne anyone over 1/4 the ladder away, that will quickly make it hard to find opponents who are too far below your skill level (at least in theory, again the ladder really isn't big enough)

but still, it's a pretty good system if you give it a chance, and the longer it runs the harder it's going to get for any squad to pick up easy points by playing squads really far below their rating. It's almost there now.

Comment

the bottom line is that Titty owns you, and having to kill the match as well as getting my squad suspended was very poor sportsmanship.
                                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Working...
                                X