Assistant Captainship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Captainship

I'm pretty sure this has either been suggested before, or at least discussed between TWD Ops.

However, many squadcaptains/creators don't feel like giving captainship for players so they can recruit people etc. It can turn out to be a total flop and a squad end up dissolving. Yes I know, you should choose your captains wisely, however not every squad can do that.

Also, if you don't want more captains, then you are the only one able to accept new players to roster, axe, promote or demote them etc.

Some squads already have so called Assistant Captains, which have the 'rights' to recruit players to the squad. However again, they lack the possibility to accept the players to roster.

My suggestion would be, to make a position 'AC' standing for Assistant Captainship. Their powers would be limited, yet more than an Assistant alone. AC's could logically challenge and accept matches for the squad, however, they would also have the powers to accept players into roster. They could NOT axe or demote players, nor could they dissolve the squad.

This way a squad captain doesn't need to worry about making someone a captain and stress about the squad being dissolved in 2 days. They could go on a vacation freely, yet have 1/2 AC's recruiting players if necessary.

Even the most trusted players as captains have made mistakes, so saying that "If you can't trust a person don't make him/her a cap" is a bit pointless.

1 or 2 AC spots could be given to players, but it would reduce the amount of assistants you can have.

Again, this wouldn't be the top priority for TWD Ops, bot and website coders. But I think it would be worth it, at least for some squads.

If you have suggestions or feedback for it, the system can always become better.

EDIT: Since it probably has been discussed before, what was the reason it hasn't been implemented yet?
    If you have something against the idea, let me know what's up with it and what problems it may cause.

EDIT2:
    Airship> I think that instead of having assistant captains just alter the powers of the current assistants
    SeRtIfI> Yeah, it only needs altering the assistant powers
    SeRtIfI> But captains should be able to make someone an AC
    SeRtIfI> Because even if a person knows which squads to challenge/accept against
    SeRtIfI> They might not know anything about recruiting new players
    SeRtIfI> And having every assistant being able to recruit doesn't work
    Last edited by Shadowmere; 03-24-2007, 05:08 AM.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Im gonna post since airship wanted to have a reply here, so here it goes.

It all sounds alright but if squad is so hollow that it cant have trust on theyr assistant captains, the squad is going to dissolve enyways in near future.

Try to build a squad with mature enought assistant captains and if you are going to be a captain of a squad, be active and dont just give captainship to others if you dont feel like your going to be active.

Enyways, the feature is doable but I dont feel the need for it.
    Original Mambonian
    TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
    I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Mm.. You are correct on that if a squad cannot trust their own captains then it's going to dissolve in the near future anyways. However, as I see it, having this feature would reduce the amount of dissolving the squads, and not having to trust a person with captain powers.

Some even TWL squads have dissolved, during and right before TWL into immature captains.

I would use Syndicate as an example, although Demonfaze is active. They only have 1 captain, however they have 8 assistants, which I'm sure Demonfaze would give recruiting rights to at any point to few of them. But I'm pretty sure he could only trust captainship to 1 or 2 players in the squad and be 100% sure nothing would happen. (I might be wrong)

Some squads last long because they have mature players, but there won't be enough mature players in this game to fill out every squad with matureness, or at least for the squads to be ran by those mature players.

I guess only my first sentence was valid to your argument: Having 'AC' spot for few players would reduce the amount of squads being dissolved, yet keeping them alive with new recruits.
      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
      3:Shadowmere> LOL
      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
      Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> With his feet
      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

I think you mentioned two ideas, one was that there would be a new position created similar to AC that could add people to the roster along with regular AC duties. The other was that all current AC's would have the new ability and it wouldn't necessarily be a new position, but rather upgraded. I'm against giving all AC's the ability to recruit people to their squad. The idea of a new position that's similar to AC's but can recruit isn't a bad one. But I compare it to Mmaverick's TW chat program he just created, yes it's nice but will it really serve a great purpose? If having a new position that can recruit would be done because there's a lack of trust in the squad then that's more like a bandaid solution to me. I don't like bandaid solutions, if you've got someone that you can trust to recruit people to the squad but not to axe players or to be a full captain then you've got someone who should just be a regular AC. If you're running a squad and you've got a decent sized roster and you can't find one other person whom you trust enough with captainship (provided you need another captain of course) you should rethink your recruiting strategies. Hell I can think of one squad right now that's pretty good and they have someone on it who is a great captain but a poor pilot, overall he does his job well though which is a good strategy.

I'm not saying I'm against having another position that can recruit I'm just saying it's a poor solution for trust and I'd rather not baby squadrons into everything, if a squadleader lacks the ability to select good AC's or another co-captain then there are good chances the squad wouldn't make it far either way.
        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
        3:Best> see it coming
        3:Best> sad

Comment

The current A already stands for Assistant Captain.

Calling it AC would just be redundant. It would be more practical in my mind if Asst's can only accept people to roster, but not axe. Never have recruiting players onto a squad unasked led to the dissolving of a squad. If it was a recruit that did not pass the permission of the caps, the caps could just logon, axe the player in question, spank that Asst so they don't do it again, or just demote them. Seems like a lot of squads have the gripe of having to wait until the cap arrives before the new recruit can start TWD'ing.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

don't see the value of this vs time taken to implement it and code it in

if you have no faith in your assistants that you can't make anyone off them cap whilst your gone, you've recruited the wrong people or your paranoid.
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Sert, I'm usually on to accept your people, so don't trip.
              DELETED

Comment

Why the fuck does everyone try to pussify this game, god damn. It's like you are getting all squaresoft on me you stupid 2d spaceship game. Let people do what they fucking want, it isn't staffs business to fix all the wrongs on the zone, that is part of the drama, and the lifeblood of this game. If you keep fucking trying to fix everything, then you will break everything. PEOPLE ONLY LEARN THROUGH MAKING MISTAKES THAT MAKE PEOPLE THINK BADLY OF THEM, IF YOU FIX THAT MISTAKE THEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO LEARN A LESSON AND STAY SHITTY FOREVER.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

thank god im not the only one who found it hilarious
                  1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                  1:Cower> Sword
                  1:Kthx> ok
                  1:Cower> Axe
                  1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                  1:Cower> ?
                  1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

I don't see why you shoot this idea down, in almost every managing system you have the ability to assign/unassign different privileges to people.
                    Not all players are the same, and not all squads are the same.
                    I am pretty sure that the squad I am in (Disoblige) doesn't need this, because most of the members in power have been in the squad for a long time and are active enough. But if your squad hasn't been around too long and you can't solely rely on your old buddies, this idea might actually increase the stability of a squad.

I don't see why you couldn't implement a system where you can assign different privileges to your members, it sounds pretty standard to me.

EDIT: I especially had to laugh at kthx reply, this game has to be pussified because of people like you, who always try to fuck over other people.
                    I think the Savanger case is a strong argument to the implementation of such a system. Obviously not all captains have the spine to withstand a worm tongue like you. Why should all captains be able to DISSOLVE, it doesn't make sense.
                    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                      I don't see why you shoot this idea down, in almost every managing system you have the ability to assign/unassign different privileges to people.
                      Not all players are the same, and not all squads are the same.
                      I am pretty sure that the squad I am in (Disoblige) doesn't need this, because most of the members in power have been in the squad for a long time and are active enough. But if your squad hasn't been around too long and you can't solely rely on your old buddies, this idea might actually increase the stability of a squad.

I don't see why you couldn't implement a system where you can assign different privileges to your members, it sounds pretty standard to me.

EDIT: I especially had to laugh at kthx reply, this game has to be pussified because of people like you, who always try to fuck over other people.
                      I think the Savanger case is a strong argument to the implementation of such a system. Obviously not all captains have the spine to withstand a worm tongue like you. Why should all captains be able to DISSOLVE, it doesn't make sense.
                      applause! :wub:
                      Yeah! The only one that should have the privilege to dissolve the squad is the one who created the squad or at least owns the squad. :P irate2:

Comment

Idea

I got an similar idea... keeping the idea in mind presented in this forum...Instead of having Assistant Captains why just edit the assistant so that the captain can edit the assistants powers he or she can do over the squad. For example...I am a captain and Blueblaze and NewbofTW are assistants in my squad. I trust Newb more than Blueblaze so I go into Edit Assistant or whatever it would be called and I would be able to check what the assistant would be able to do or what capability of powers they would have over the squad.

So I am trying to say is to have a menu where a owner or captain could edit the powers of each of the assistants.A captain could have the option of selecting if a assistant could challenge and accept a game, to add players, remove players from a game, sub players, accept, remove and demote other players and whatever would be able to help maintain a squad. This probably benefits the owner and the trust for each of the players. Keeps squads from dissolving and makes the squad more controlable and fuctioning. I know some of you have said that the squad will dissolve anyway but the thing is to think of the present state of the squad...not its future...The actual goal is not for the squad to dissolve....the idea would probably change Squads alone and aid to its function and make managing alot easier since we have people to trust to do certain things and to get things done....pretty much what zerzera said...assign/unassign different privileges to the assistants.
                        Last edited by Airship; 03-25-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Airship View Post
                          I got an similar idea... keeping the idea in mind presented in this forum...Instead of having Assistant Captains why just edit the assistant so that the captain can edit the assistants powers he or she can do over the squad. For example...I am a captain and Blueblaze and NewbofTW are assistants in my squad. I trust Newb more than Blueblaze so I go into Edit Assistant or whatever it would be called and I would be able to check what the assistant would be able to do or what capability of powers they would have over the squad.

So I am trying to say is to have a menu where a owner or captain could edit the powers of each of the assistants.A captain could have the option of selecting if a assistant could challenge and accept a game, to add players, remove players from a game, sub players, accept, remove and demote other players and whatever would be able to help maintain a squad. This probably benefits the owner and the trust for each of the players. Keeps squads from dissolving and makes the squad more controlable and fuctioning. I know some of you have said that the squad will dissolve anyway but the thing is to think of the present state of the squad...not its future...The actual goal is not for the squad to dissolve....the idea would probably change Squads alone and aid to its function and make managing alot easier since we have people to trust to do certain things and to get things done.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                            LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Continue.
                            really funny Pummel.....lol

Comment

Decent idea, although I kind of like LIVING ON THE EDGE and having the risk of an inside-squad catastrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X