No announcement yet.

TWD Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either Mayo is lying or myth has changed the policy again. Heh.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

He didn't really meant a stop for TWD, I think.
      It's more like a reset of the ladder.
      Why shouldn't people allowed to play matches in the TWL season? Alot of squads can't play anymore then. Well they can still try it the old way (Getting a staffmember to host) =P
      Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
        He didn't really meant a stop for TWD, I think.
        It's more like a reset of the ladder.
        Why shouldn't people allowed to play matches in the TWL season? Alot of squads can't play anymore then. Well they can still try it the old way (Getting a staffmember to host) =P
        From what I heard. TWD is being reseted at the beginning of TWL.. and will then Begin again and continue during TWL. then I think after TWL be reseted again and start again to see who gets to be the new squads in the new TWL.. This is from what I heard.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

If you do plan on giving awards, please don't vote on the players. Let the stats speak for themselves (even though they may be inflated).

llater,
          Tony

Comment

There's going to be a reset and a pause for a week or more.

When? I don't know yet. Most likely during TWL, or right when TWL ends.

Comment

I thought it was on hold until you fixed the matchbot grammar module.

Comment

Re: TWD Awards

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                Best Record - Squad with the highest Wins/Loses quotient. Maybe a category for Most wins as well
                Have one for each league maybe?

Highest Rating Achieved - Say Elusive reaches 1400 in dueling at a certain point in TWD but Pallies ends up winning with a 1250 rating at the end. Elusive deserves recognition for their once high rating. (only using the two squads that came to my mind first as an example).
                For each league and best combined score. (Elusive would win it easily because of their insane TWDD score. )

TWD Most Valuable Baser - Give the player who has accumulated the most points in TWBD this award. This is kind of unfair to players who are designated sharks or terrs for a squad, but people who consistently contribute 20k points to a team should get some sort of recognition.
                Or best average score per game

TWD Most Valuable Javer/Dueler - I thought of two ways to determine this, one is best kills:deaths ratio, the second is most kills. The reason ratio might be better is because player A could have played 50 times as many games as player B, while player A dies a lot more, he has more kills because of his massive amount of game time. Player B on the other hand racks up kills in a significantly less amount of games, not enough to surpass player A, but his deaths are much lower as well. I dunno maybe 2 separate awards?
                Best average ratio?
                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Best average ratio with a minimum of games (say 10) played?

Comment

someone should do a radio show and let people vote by pm
                    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

But most radio shows are on when the americans are on and the euros are in bed so only the americans will get to vote
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                        only the americans will get to vote
                        That's his point

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
                          Best average ratio with a minimum of games (say 10) played?
                          Yes.
                          "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

The problem with average ratio in base games is that if you get subbed in it gets counted in with your average and really can skew your stats. But eh I guess nothing can be done about that.

Edit: oops, I assummed you were talking about basing. Obviously none of the stats are going to be reliable but yeah. I would say more like a minimum of 20 games. Otherwise it will just be the guys that played 10 games against the real easy squads and were benched in all the tough matches.
                            Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 03-13-2003, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The best way to determine MVP is to look at the match win/match loss ratio of the matches they've played in, or round wins/round losses.
                              I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

have more than one award.

Best win/loss ratio in terms of kills
                                Most Kills
                                Best win/loss ratio in terms of games
                                Most points accumulated
                                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                                X