Proposal: Allow Non-squad players in TWD games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Allow Non-squad players in TWD games

I propose allowing non-squad players in TWD games. Up to 1 for TWLJ, TWSD, TWLD and up to 2 for TWLB. Say you only have 5 players for a TWBD but the other team has 7, the team with 7 could allow the team with 5 two subs so the game would be 7v7. Say there's a TWDD match where one team has 5 players wanting to play and the other team has 4, the team with 5 could allow a non-squad player so the game could be 5v5 instead of 4v4. Say you only have 3 players in a TWDD game, the other team could allow a non-squad player so the game could be played instead of forfeited. The way I envision this working is a captain/assistant for 1 squad with type !request <player> to the bot, <player> being a non-squad player, and if the other team agrees they will type !allow <player> to the bot.

Wouldn't that encourage people who are already on squads to go on aliases and help squads out, whilst they themselves are on a squad in TWD already?

I mean, if you haven't got enough for 5v5, why can't you just recruit another player or wait for more to play online? I'm sure 4v4 play was allowed because it's harder to get 5 players online for 5v5 anyway, amongst other reasons.

This would completely complicate the stats system also, TWD matches are recorded over at twdivisions.org, you have some random aliased nobodies contributing to squad statistics. Having that one extra player can tip the balances.

If you really want a player to play with you, just recruit them, it's much easier than implementing this system and saves a lot of time on unnecessary bot work/modifications.

You have to respect that this is TWD, not wbduel.
    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Well I would say its a good idea to promote bringing in new players to leagues but I think its too easily to abuse when X player off X squad logs on the name IAMPUBBERLOL and plays for Y squad. TWD ops probably have it hard enough as is trying to figure out all the double squadding that happens.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
        Well I would say its a good idea to promote bringing in new players to leagues but I think its too easily to abuse when X player off X squad logs on the name IAMPUBBERLOL and plays for Y squad. TWD ops probably have it hard enough as is trying to figure out all the double squadding that happens.
        If the opposite squad has to !allow the player, they can easily weed out alias players if they choose to do so. It's like when I'm in ?go duel and some player I never heard of challenges me, I just check them out on the public statistics (http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=pubstats) and can easily tell if they're aliased by there usage and date created.

Comment

Make it so the person has to be !registered and not on a twd squad. This would be a good way to test out possible recruits.
          Indulgence

Comment

no way in hell.

this allows for some of the best wbs to play for an average squad in one dd and win it for them, this completely destroys the point in developing a squad into a good team. Please no.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

what's the point of being on a squad

Comment

to get more twlb rings than eelam
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Three Reasons why this will never happen:

1.) I would be a dick and never !allow someone to let in a ringer (or lesser skilled friend at that) to play against me.
                  2.) Knowing I would be a dick and not do this tells me many other captains would be dicks and not do this.
                  3.) I would then not join a squad since I can play on everyone's squad.

Bonus Reason 4.) Getting my friends to help out for points I can't get with my own squad makes TWL Vets.
                  DELETED

Comment

no
                    Gun remembers.

Comment

sounds a little silly to me.. i think it'll lead to a lot of small complications? you've to be registered, bots need to be tweaked for this, could easily fuck up all stats (right now when you quit and join a squad your stats get reset or something?! how will this work as freelancer?)..
                      a lot of changes, plus the fact that you still need the approval of both captains.. the amount of captains who will are few.. so it'll probably be easier to just wait a few minutes for someone else to show up or to even try and recruit some dude..

heh. SORRY :x

ps. if squads don't have enough to play a TWD game at least they bother to go to other arenas like ?go base/elims etc.. :S

Comment

doomed idea, sry burnt :/
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I applaud you for thinking out of the box, Burnt, but I don't think this would be worthwhile.
                          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

it's good idea, if you are worried about points just disable it when it comes to qualifying to twl

Comment

Burnt this is stupid, has so many flaws that it would never work. Just an excuse to doublesquad when you normaly cant. Besides its nice to throw random ideas out but ur not the one programming these things either.

Comment

Working...
                              X