Idea for TWDD/TWJD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    especially if a league for 2vs2 was created.
    So in conclusion you're saying the maps are too big for this?

I agree some type of 2v2 or 3v3 league with some significance should be implemented (twd style challenging, rankings)

Also in EG at ?go baseduel you are automatically placed in the properly sized map based on your team size.. just something to think about.
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Age View Post
      So in conclusion you're saying the maps are too big for this?

I agree some type of 2v2 or 3v3 league with some significance should be implemented (twd style challenging, rankings)

Also in EG at ?go baseduel you are automatically placed in the properly sized map based on your team size.. just something to think about.
      the .?go duel arena is pretty good for 2vs2 i think, and the 2 man team should be allowed a squadname so it wont be like tourny :P
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

the .?go duel arena is pretty good for 2vs2 i think, and the 2 man team should be allowed a squadname so it wont be like tourny :P
        no.

TUTORIAL ARENA PLOX.

it's coming..!

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          no.

TUTORIAL ARENA PLOX.

it's coming..!

tutorial arena? y u not elaborate
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

However, Id like to see a 2vs2 dueling format implemented either in .?go duel or a whole new arena. I think that that would definitely create some interest amonst the public, especially if a league for 2vs2 was created.
            Surprisingly enough, I agree with this guy.

A 2v2 league or something would be great to have, imo, and ?go duel would do the the trick, as Cres mentioned. Hell, even a population of like 100 people in Chaos Zone do it, with squads for these 2v2 leagues.

?go tourny just doesn't do the trick, since people are unaware of the fact that there are stats involved, and the waiting periods suck. Do a 2v2 league so I can win another meaningless league, ez.

Comment

3v3 is too far away from 5v5, so i'd say no to that.
              however i think a 2v2 league with actual teams/stats/website like twd would be a very nice addition to the zone.

a good format could be a free league like twd and on a set date top 8 (or 16 depending how crazy popular it gets) qualify for playoffs (with a minimum of games required ofc). and playoffs get scheduled and advertised like twl.

a strict roster limit would be nice for that league, like 4-6 max., minimum of 2 (so players like steak666 and exquisite can try to win it all with just the two of them)

?go duel seems good for the games to be played at.

first need to get elims fixed thoug (i'm guessing it's the whole bot issue that's still being worked on?). just depressing that besides twd you can only play pub..

second, tutorial arena should also go first!

thirdly, staff will probably first create 300 new side events... -_- i'd put a hold on creating ANY new side events.

ps. if a 2v2 league would get made professionally, like twd, it would surely be something for a lot of people to consider becoming more active for again..

Comment

3v3 is too far away from 5v5, so i'd say no to that.
                People dont want 3vs3 to practice for 5v5, they want 3vs3 because they want to play the game when less people are online.

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
                  People dont want 3vs3 to practice for 5v5, they want 3vs3 because they want to play the game when less people are online.
                  I think the zone would benefit more from a 2vs2 than a 3vs3. 3vs3 is not far away from 4vs4 in twdd and not to mention 3vs3 can be played in wbduel. Its not even that much fun. However a 2vs2 league would be new and exciting and im sure this league can be run simultaneously alongside twd. Also, I agree with Dabram about the player limit on these 2vs2 format squads. A minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 6 should be fine. We have enough events to play...need a new league to keep things interesting so please consider this. But please fix elim and the bots first or none of this is possible.
                  Last edited by Crescent Seal; 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Tutorial might help, but how many new players do we have per day? Per week? There are people in pub that this would help, but it would still be year(s) before any of them are good enough to increase competition in the zone. Frankly I don't think we have enough advertising to make a tutorial worthwhile. It would've been worthwhile years ago, but I don't know that subspace has enough new players downloading and trying out the game any more.
                    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by saetep View Post
                      Tutorial might help, but how many new players do we have per day? Per week? There are people in pub that this would help, but it would still be year(s) before any of them are good enough to increase competition in the zone. Frankly I don't think we have enough advertising to make a tutorial worthwhile. It would've been worthwhile years ago, but I don't know that subspace has enough new players downloading and trying out the game any more.
                      I'd say roughly 10 to 20 new players enter Trench Wars every day of which maybe one at the moment will stay for longer than a week ( http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?...g&x=newplayers - a good percent of those players are indeed new players ).

With a good tutorial arena there would be a way higher chance that the new players would stay in the game, thus in the long run it would help with the zone activity & increase competition.

You don't really need "years of practise" to get good at this game, this is no rocket science. You can get good within weeks if you want to, honestly. Just takes some motivation and you will get there, Trench Wars is BY FAR the easiest zone to learn, and not too hard to master.

Comment

Trench wars is the easiest to learn, but is probably one of the hardest to master.
                        Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                          Surprisingly enough, I agree with this guy.

A 2v2 league or something would be great to have, imo, and ?go duel would do the the trick, as Cres mentioned. Hell, even a population of like 100 people in Chaos Zone do it, with squads for these 2v2 leagues.

?go tourny just doesn't do the trick, since people are unaware of the fact that there are stats involved, and the waiting periods suck. Do a 2v2 league so I can win another meaningless league, ez.

megaman89 took approx. 34 days to play Ease in TWEL-S spider dueling.

You could imagine how long it would take, in 2v2, for Stayon/megaman89 vs. Ease/Burnt to occur. 6 months? :S

Too bad, however persistent ease is, he lost and will prolly lose in the future. ez
                          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Daldur View Post
                            megaman89 took approx. 34 days to play Ease in TWEL-S spider dueling.

You could imagine how long it would take, in 2v2, for Stayon/megaman89 vs. Ease/Burnt to occur. 6 months? :S

Too bad, however persistent ease is, he lost and will prolly lose in the future. ez
                            Really :P?

It isn't really THAT hard to schedule games, for every Sunday, or even Saturday if the World Basing Cup interferes with it. From what I've heard, people seem pretty interested in something like this. Teams of 3-5 or something, and times will be scheduled not like they were in TWL, but by an OP. I don't know, not a really hard thing to do imo. Hell, if enough people show interest, I'd be willing to contribute and help out with it. 2v2 is awesome in any zone.

And yea, Ease is horrible in all ships, especially spider. Lost to dreamwin in TWEL-J too.

Edit: TW is not hard to master, it's one of the easiest zones, period .

Comment

There are two different ideas being discussed and those are..

1. A 2v2/3v3 league completely separate from TWD.
                              2. 3v3 as an option for TWD with scaled down points.

Just to clarify because Cres doesn't understand that apparently.

Someone can go make a tutorial thread though I'm sure it already exists.

If I had any power I would help create these, but someone else has to step up.
                              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                              beam> stfu tsunami
                              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Age View Post
                                If I had any power I would help create these, but someone else has to step up.
                                Anyone can go create an arena (in this case, a tutorial arena) and submit it Mootland Farmer. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X