Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrapnel

:fear:

Okay this is some random rant post at 5:32AM about shrapnel in TWBD and about how it sucks and how it should be removed.

uh yes there you have it! that took a lot of efford

TO SUMMARISE:

- Shrapnel is stupid
    - Shrapnel is random
    - Too many newbie sharks rely on shrap to kill
    - It sucks
    - It's one of the reasons why basing fails
    - It still blows hard core and don't give me that "sharks can rep the shrap" bullshit
    - Shrapnel is random for everyone. On ones screen there might be 1 shrapnel going to the left, where as the other one will see 3 shrapnel heading towards him/her.
    - It still sucks!

SOLUTION:

- Completely remove shrapnel from TWBD to get rid of the randomness factor, thus increase competitiveness.

(OR)

- Make the shrapnel have fixed directions, just like in ?go BASEELIM, so they can actually be dodged.

(OR)

- Slow down the shrap by a considerable amount

your thoughts?

Originally posted by Turban View Post

your thoughts?

Whine less, and get good.

Comment

no u

Comment

there is an art to making proper use of your shrapnel in shark, i say leave it
        2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
        Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
        Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
        Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
        1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

"- Make the shrapnel have fixed directions, just like in ?go BASEELIM, so they can actually be dodged."

+1
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

lolz gazer.
            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
            There wont be another election for president.
            Obama is the Omega President.
            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              Make the shrapnel have fixed directions, just like in ?go BASEELIM, so they can actually be dodged.
              +1

Every time i get hit by shrap out of nowhere this goes through my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Veloce View Post
                there is an art to making proper use of your shrapnel in shark, i say leave it
                Care to explain this?

Originally posted by turban
                - Make the shrapnel have fixed directions and slow it down a little, just like in ?go BASEELIM, so they can actually be dodged.
                +1
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

been thinking this also. luck factor is just too big atm. out of turbans ideas which all would be improvement, i'd like to add that shark shraps could be like javs. not a 1 hit kill basically.

but yeah this needs to change

Comment

I say keep it. If you don't want the sharks to mine along walls to get shrap kills, teach your bloody spiders to shoot the sharks.

Comment

Or maybe change the shark or the map so sharking could be fun again

Comment

yes make sharking an even more tedious job, because there's so many people who enjoy playing this ship. if anything sharks should be encouraged to green and get their shraps maxed out, and then bomb/mine as much as possible to inflict max damage. (an underrated way of defending the fr or getting the upper-hand in fr-fights).

too bad all sharks are drones these days and listen to their camping-spider teammates who get upset when they get teamkilled for the greater good, and hardly ever get a shrap-kill.

so fuck off with ur bad ideas Turd Bad!!

ps. a random factor which has way more impact on the game are full charge greens, which can't even be picked up by sharks. which means spider/terr are still WAY ahead of the shark in having advantage from a random factor.

pps. i'm against removing either, because it would make basing more boring than it already is, and good players actually excel when basing becomes more chaotic.

/thread
                        NEXT

Comment

when i first saw the title i was hoping turd bad was going to plead to have shrapnel in twjd.

i would've voted yes.

Comment

I'm with bram on this one. Sharking is boring enough as it is, and its hard enough WITH shrapnel to get kills without gayass camping spiders complaining about tks even though their deaths mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I already hate sharking and complain about doing it, get rid of shrap and I'll abandon it altogether.
                            Dice
                            TWLB Champions Season 8
                            TWLJ Champions Season 8
                            TWLB Champions Season 10
                            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

how about instead of removing shrap, we change the graphics for it to shark teeth, and then whenever a shark gets a shrap kill, the bot will announced (via an arena message of course) the following:

It's like the Discovery Channel up in here, and <insert dead player's name> just got a taste of shark week! Rack up another shrap kill for <insert shark's name>!

in all seriousness though, i'm in agreement with bram and a2m. shrap is pretty much the only thing that makes sharking at least somewhat bearable. it's already a thankless, mind numbing job. don't strip it down any further.

i'd honestly like to see something done with the shark's emp bomb. i think it'd be absolutely downright awesome if instead of the bomb just falling out like a bloody hunk of stool and relying on momentum to carry it, perhaps we could give it just the tiniest bit of acceleration. i'm not talking the speed of a jav bomb. it could move very slowly, but just give it some forward acceleration and then watch cram breaking take on a whole new look.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X