Allow 3vs3 in TWDD/TWJD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid idea.
    I'd rather make a 2v2 dueling league than add a 3v3 option in TWD.
    TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
    4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
    4:vys> know it for sure
    4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
    3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

No, this is retarded. Riverside made a good point, too.

people will avoid ap'ing even when they have 4 because they want to have their best 3 in, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
        why do we even do these polls? we don't do anything after we get a result.

remember that time some guy called witness did a poll on limited roster spots for twd? ya.. NOTHING HAPPENED after
        I'm the head TWD op now, and along with Arobas+ who's awesome at this stuff and willing to help get things done, we can do almost anything. We've already made pretty significant changes behind the scenes. He was going to implement 3vs3 already, but I thought it would be best to poll the players first, and it's a good thing because I don't think this is going to be happening. I'm glad you guys are giving feedback like this because it's exactly why I posted this.

On that note, if anyone has ideas for TWD please let us know. Your best bet is to make a thread about it here for discussion, or if you want, leave me a ?message in-game. I'm usually online but AFK, so if you just PM me I'll probably miss it.

Believe me, if I make a poll about something, it's for a reason.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
          I'm the head TWD op now, and along with Arobas+ who's awesome at this stuff and willing to help get things done, we can do almost anything. We've already made pretty significant changes behind the scenes. He was going to implement 3vs3 already, but I thought it would be best to poll the players first, and it's a good thing because I don't think this is going to be happening. I'm glad you guys are giving feedback like this because it's exactly why I posted this.

On that note, if anyone has ideas for TWD please let us know. Your best bet is to make a thread about it here for discussion, or if you want, leave me a ?message in-game. I'm usually online but AFK, so if you just PM me I'll probably miss it.

in my opinion, twd should be molded around twl. while twl remains 5v5/5v5/8v8, twd should try to stick close to those. if twl dropped to 4v4, then i would probably be more accepting of a 3v3 in twd. while it remains 5v5, a 3v3 shouldnt be there. on a side point a 2v2 league really has nothing to do with the current twd or twl and could be made however you'd like it to be.

the resolution argument is almost as crappy as the lag argument. it will get hairy no matter which way you look at it. i will go to that thread and comment there, though.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
            why do we even do these polls? we don't do anything after we get a result.

remember that time some guy called witness did a poll on limited roster spots for twd? ya.. NOTHING HAPPENED after

+1
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post

Okay, fine

2v2. I see I'm not the only one interested in seeing something like that happen.
              Please don't let 3v3 happen, thanks.

Comment

Then what about a 2v2 TWD sub-division where anyone on a squad can challenge/accept and !add, btw this is not my idea.

Main divisions: TWDD, TWJD, TWBD, TWSD
                Sub divisions (less important) : TWD2D, TWD2J or any other new divisions that could be played for fun (2v2 or.. even 1v1?).

TWD is well advanced with a lot of features. Like I said, we don't have an army of coders to code something like TWD anymore. So why not use what we have now. If it has to be done, it won't be rushed into TWD, it still needs to be integrated well and tested.
                Last edited by Arobas+; 06-21-2010, 10:58 PM.
                TW Bot Developer
                TW Web Developer
                Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
                  Then what about a 2v2 TWD sub-division where anyone on a squad can challenge/accept and !add, btw this is not my idea.

Main divisions: TWDD, TWJD, TWBD, TWSD
                  Sub divisions (less important) : TWD2D, TWD2J or any other new divisions that could be played for fun (2v2 or.. even 1v1?).

TWD is well advanced with a lot of features. Like I said, we don't have an army of coders to code something like TWD anymore. So why not use what we have now. If it has to be done, it won't be rushed into TWD, it still needs to be integrated well and tested.
                  I like this idea. This way, it wouldn't interfere with TWD, but if you only had two squad members online, you could still play something rather than just sitting there doing nothing.

Comment

The less players in twdd, the less strays. 3v3 would purify teaming patterns.
                    Jones is the only warbird crying, dont bunch us together

As we considered the res limit on another topic, consider the era these standards were created in.
                    5v5 TWL was meant for a higher population base - a population base that we no longer have. Consider the base we have now, and revise the TWDD/L player necessity. We can no longer support the standards that were set 10 years ago. It only makes sense to adapt the game as time passes.

It's obvious why TWD activity has dropped but some of you don't seem to get it. Less players means less TWD. Squads do not have the required amount of players to DD; the window of active times (times when squad's players are on and used) is shrinking. If the player limit is lowered, this window will grow, and twd activity will grow with it because availability has increased by what, 40%? Tired to consider the math in it, but for 100/5x2 sounds right. significant increase.

2v2 sounds good, but that's so different i agree with a sub division.
                    1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
                    1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
                    1:Sir Spider> at least on me
                    1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

you are a self proclaimed 10 year old pubber, don't intertwine yourself within the real business of this zone and instead make a thread about making it easier to use kill macro's after a really rough duel under the bottom safe.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Oh and stabwound.

Congratulations on using allowed in a sentence that didn't involve urself. It was a breath of fresh air I must say.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

how about doing something useful and adding these two polls instead:

-Removing full charge greens, as well as energy depletes from TWDD and TWJD
                          -Having the same base in TWJD and TWLJ

The activity arguement is stupid, TWD is meant to qualify squads for TWL, there are other options in TW, the 2v2 sub-league is a good idea though.

edit: I could live with if you are allowed to play with 1 non-rostered player in a TWD game (who is rostered on another squad, but you wouldn't win any points, you could loose though.) but that's stretching it!
                          Last edited by Jones; 06-22-2010, 12:11 PM.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

What about a 2vs2 division in TWD, separate from DD/JD, each having their own ladder but not being counted for anything, just for fun? The reason I ask is because this has idea has been floating around with staff and it could be done fairly easily.

As for those other points, I'll ask.
                            sdg

Comment

yes
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

2v2 would be a neat idea, maybe make it into a ladder with a point system though? Give all the squad captains an option on the manage roster to select if he would like certain members to participate in 2v2 dueling. Anyone who is selected has the option of challenging other squads to 2v2 duels. Within the statistics section there could be a breakdown of statistics for 2v2 partners. This would provide good practice, activity, and let captains know who is on their game!

Comment

Working...
                                X