No announcement yet.

New Idea: Freestyle Dueling League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so there goes nockm, putting things the way i meant to put them, but with wayyy more eloquence. :]

i agree with him completely.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      other ships don't stand a chance vs. warbirds.

i've sort of played around with an idea that you would have a map with a few walls and 2 flags, limit wbs and have a fighter ship flagging league.
      I bet 100$ this is what will happen, 5 wbs

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
        I bet 100$ this is what will happen, 5 wbs
        the only reason it wouldnt is if the arena is ridiculously small

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I say before you put too much work into it just use the TWSD arenas for it. It might have a bit too many walls, but you would be able to get a good idea of the amount of interest in this sort of thing.
          http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

maybe it should be a shady underground league, where the dueling area is surrounded by a thick fog of smoke created by the mass of asian people crowding around placing bets and yelling while smoking cigarettes. KiNgZ <ER> could bring in an elim-bot set for 10 deaths. and if you lose, you die.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I like this idea, this is parallel to the idea of having a 2v2 duel-like divisions between squads that we were talking 1-2 months ago. We could create a sub-divisions for all these type of games that don't lead to TWL.

Main divisions (leading to TWL)
              • TWDD
              • TWJD
              • TWBD

Sub divisions (just for fun, to keep competition between squads)
              • TWSD (retrograded)
              • TWMD (Multi Division, this thread.. any ship on different type of arena)
              • TWD2D (wb 2v2)
              • TWJ2D (jav 2v2)

What you guys think?
              TW Bot Developer
              TW Web Developer
              Friends> All I saw was arobas+
              Friends> It's like death

Comment

I think it would be interesting, but I'm not sure if there's enough motivation for the bot coders. They do a lot of work as it is, and to code this up would mean them stopping what they're doing and dedicating their time to this "let's try it out" project. Overall, I think an official poll would need to be made instead of people rambling on about maybe or maybe not.

Give the rules, the details, a poll and we'll vote for it.

Comment

To add to what humid said I think making each ship attachable (1 turret limit) would be an interesting twist. Also I do agree a team of warbirds would win, but a few setting tweaks could probably fix this. The lanc is a good ship if people take advantage of its low firing energy and good rush. I think spider would be the weak link, so I would suggest maybe lowering its required thrust energy and possibly increasing its bullet speed. With these tweaks I think it would be a fun league. Of course, settings can always be changed if it becomes clear that adding all of a certain ship gives the advantage. I really like this idea and hope we can work it out.
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                    other ships don't stand a chance vs. warbirds.

i've sort of played around with an idea that you would have a map with a few walls and 2 flags, limit wbs and have a fighter ship flagging league.
                    Ur a fucking noob..... Spider traps bird in it's web of sticky then goes in for the kill!
                    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
                      Ur a fucking noob..... Spider traps bird in it's web of sticky then goes in for the kill!
                      this is like the second or third time you've owned yourself while speaking to me
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

if you're worried about it ending up 5v5 wb, put a limit on how many wbs ur allowed, 3v3 ur allowed 1, 4v4 ur allowed 2, 5v5 allowed 3 etc etc.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

i love good ideas that never gets done, this being one of it cause staff shows 0 initiative
                          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                            i love good ideas that never gets done, this being one of it cause staff shows 0 initiative
                            the arena is being tiled...it has generally been made...waiting for input from a few people.

stabwound and i are talking to the bot people about modifying the DD module to run this, and putting it in place of sd.

lol its probably about 25-33% done already.

hopefully this will be good to go in the next 1-2 weeks.
                            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                            Originally posted by kthx
                            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

i'm pretty much done with the arena already, just need to talk to hms/arobas/stabwound for some input
                              Gun remembers.

Comment

please please please use the tileset from ?go twljpallies
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X