No announcement yet.

Resolution Cap only for TWDD after Final Reset - Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care so much if it still gives captains points on the twdd ladder although for twld qualifications it would make sense to not, but considering the poll is sitting at a steady 4:1 in favor of a cap, it would only make sense for there to be four twdd capped and one twdd uncapped arena, with the same 4:1 ratio of cap/uncap.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Having a single uncapped arena makes 100% perfect sense. Who cares if it affects twl qualifications? What are you afraid of? Losing to higher res? Don't play there then. You think AstroNots is gonna play ONLY in higher res and make it to #1? Ok.. then what? They still have to play twl in tiny res. So please stop whining about it, Cres.

You wanna talk about REAL skill? Learn to play with disadvantages against you a fraction of the time. That shows who the real pros are.

Comment

lol i play on 1280x768 resolution on a laptop with 2-3 years of experience in tw against people with 1280x1028 resolution (and more) on desktops with 7-10 years of experience, dont tell me about playing with disadvantages ....and this isnt whining....its called justice

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

1:Sir Spider> just saw nude pic of lasenza

+1

im also consistent at dropping 9-10s against any res so CAN YOU DIG

THAT

sucka
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
            Cres> old
            +1
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              I am gonna let you guys argue this, Demonic, anyone. Prove this isn't true. I dare you.
              Here is the math behind your statistics:
              Your first set of numbers yielded this:
              Games: 22
              K: 248
              AvK: 248/22 = 11.27
              D: 119
              AvD: 119/22 = 5.409
              AvKDR: 2.08

Your second set of numbers yielded this:
              Games: 30
              K: 358
              AvK: 358/30 = 11.93
              D: 211
              AvD: 211/30 = 7.033
              AvKDR: 1.696

Considering all of the potential variables (i.e. diff teammates, diff opponents, personal factors (mood/tiredness/drunkness/etc). I would say that the difference between these two is fairly negligible. At the very best you could say that whichever resolution was used for the first set of numbers improved your survivability very slightly.

It also neglects the range at which the kills were acquire, which tends to be the a-typical argument against raising the resolution. That said, ty for actually doing some work rather than just randomly spouting shit.
              TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
              TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
              Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
              - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
              Originally posted by kthx
              Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Also, if demonic is being trusted as having a large hand in this decision, I would reconsider. That is not someone (remaining gender-neutral because some people apparently still believe demonic is a female) that I would want to trust with a decision that could alienate a large portion of the population.
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Why on earth you would have different settings for twdd & twld? (just wondering)
                  - Zung

Comment

I'm obviously not as active as most, but if there is no res cap in TWDD it would drastically decrease the likelihood of a successful return.

The last thing I want to see is a return to TWL season 2-3 when the majority of players with 1600-1920 res were on Elusive and Siege which, coincidentally enough, were the champions and runners up for both seasons. Of course they also had a lot of skilled players, but we all saw firsthand how good players like Roxy were suddenly transformed into great players a week after unwrapping brand new 21 inch CRT monitors.

The concept of 'fair play' aside, large resolutions just make for boring matches. As a spectator, who wants to spend 30 min following bullets by scrolling across 2 of their own screen lengths to see if it hits someone? The season 2 final between Elusive and Siege was the most boring TWL match I've ever witnessed in 12 years. I'd bet that at least 60 of the 90+ kills in that match would have been considered radar kills by anyone on 1280 or 1024 res.
                    Last edited by Eric is God; 02-17-2011, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                      Here is the math behind your statistics:
                      Your first set of numbers yielded this:
                      Games: 22
                      K: 248
                      AvK: 248/22 = 11.27
                      D: 119
                      AvD: 119/22 = 5.409
                      AvKDR: 2.08

Your second set of numbers yielded this:
                      Games: 30
                      K: 358
                      AvK: 358/30 = 11.93
                      D: 211
                      AvD: 211/30 = 7.033
                      AvKDR: 1.696

Considering all of the potential variables (i.e. diff teammates, diff opponents, personal factors (mood/tiredness/drunkness/etc). I would say that the difference between these two is fairly negligible. At the very best you could say that whichever resolution was used for the first set of numbers improved your survivability very slightly.

It also neglects the range at which the kills were acquire, which tends to be the a-typical argument against raising the resolution. That said, ty for actually doing some work rather than just randomly spouting shit.
                      The first picture is from lasenza using 1920x1080 res, the second is mine using 1680x1050. yes, both are having a resolution advantage, both are putting consistently up big numbers effortlessly. The huge wall of text earlier are quotes from good players who are trying to tell you why bigger res = bigger advantage, the numbers are simply supporting that.

Can you be useless with a big resolution? You certainly can. But it is far more likely you will be better when you have a large resolution.

Of course, in the end, none of the numbers really matter, we could have just been playing like MetalKid every dd and thought they actually meant something. I am still convinced that everyone who can't use a large res in twld would be rendered useless, and, unless twld has it, twdd shouldn't either.

ps. i would recon most of my kills are from R2, same as when I used 1280 last season. Consistently putting up greater numbers just proves that it is in fact easier to play midrange on 1680.
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

if you think that lasenza is putting up numbers effortlessly then you really have no idea just how much effort he put into his 2d life.
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          if you think that lasenza is putting up numbers effortlessly then you really have no idea just how much effort he put into his 2d life.
                          I can't speak for him. I put up greater k/d numbers without as much effort as it would take with a smaller res. Does that make more sense for you?
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Fact is; its easier to get them numbers no matter how much effort you put in. I could get them numbers on my 1280/800 res but I just don't want to put the effort in knowing someone has that advantage over me. Completely kills the competition factor for me.. yeah.. its a challenge but why try?

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                              The first picture is from lasenza using 1920x1080 res, the second is mine using 1680x1050. yes, both are having a resolution advantage, both are putting consistently up big numbers effortlessly. The huge wall of text earlier are quotes from good players who are trying to tell you why bigger res = bigger advantage, the numbers are simply supporting that.

Can you be useless with a big resolution? You certainly can. But it is far more likely you will be better when you have a large resolution.

Of course, in the end, none of the numbers really matter, we could have just been playing like MetalKid every dd and thought they actually meant something. I am still convinced that everyone who can't use a large res in twld would be rendered useless, and, unless twld has it, twdd shouldn't either.

ps. i would recon most of my kills are from R2, same as when I used 1280 last season. Consistently putting up greater numbers just proves that it is in fact easier to play midrange on 1680.

<round of applause>

Hopefully by the 22nd they get this fixed. When the deadline for this poll ends, it's still pretty evident from the poll that this needs to change. To me, it's obvious the reason no cap res is being held on currently, is because we have a certain individual in power that prefers it for themselves, ignoring the public demand for change.
                              RaCka> how can i get you here
                              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Why only cap it in TWDD? You will have an advantage in TWBD and TWJD as well.
                                Like in TWBD you will see the whole base etc without. TWJD kinda the same and you will see coming bursts, bombs etc earlier. So either cap none or cap all.
                                Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
                                X